Abortion?

• Re: Abortion?

Doughnut wrote:

You disagree with everything, you've also never been in that position.

I don't disagree with everything. I express my opinion. You however don't know if I have or have not been in that position. I have been in similar situations, and had I been in that exact situation, I still would not have had an abortion. I understood that when I had sex that I was taking the risk of getting pregnant and I needed to step up to the plate and take responsibility for what I have done, and not take the easy road out.

I went with a friend of mine who got pregnant after a one night stand. The condom must have broken or something because she knows she he had one. Anyway, by the time she found out it was too late for the morning after pill. She was like 12 or 14 weeks in. Something like that.

She only told me. Nobody else knew. And she said that if she didn't have me there to support her then she probably wouldn't have been able to go through with it. She wasn't able to have this kid because she was only 17. She has the rest of her life ahead of her, she has her plans, she didn't want anything messing with them. I'm pro choice, and if someone wants to have an abortion, I'll support them.

The entire time she was having it done she had a blank look on her face and just stared at the roof. When we left, we got in my car and she burst into tears. She explained it to me afterward and she said it was probably one of the most awkward, painful, and self exposing situations she has ever been in, but was glad she did it.

So no, it isn't the easy road. If she had of had the kid, and given it up for adoption, in the entire process she would have lost her scholarship for university (because her high school doesn't accept pregnant girls... religion and all) and her family would have went psychopathic arsehole like on her. She couldn't do any of that. For her abortion was the right choice.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Australian | 20 | University Student | Epic
    [LEFT]
    (818): dude you made out with his girlfriend and stole his credit card to buy more drinks.
    (626):
    well when you put it like that, I sound like a terrible person.

[/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]

^^
    Firstly moral of the story: don't have a one night stand. I'm glad you supported your friend, shows you're a good person. And I'm not being harsh with what I said, because I'm not a mean person. If your friend has one-night-stands often she should be on the pill/get the implant/ wear the patch. That way she's not relying on a condom, because we all know they're not always reliable!

Secondly, I'm pro-life. Always have been, even when, at 17, I had a pregnancy scare of my own! The ONLY circumstances in which a woman should be allowed to have an abortion, is if a doctor advises her to due so because the birth of her baby would be detrimental to her health or life-threatening.
    Other than that, no reason at all to have an abortion!! It's murder! It's one of the things in life that I feel really strongly about. Abortion is wrong, just like murder is wrong, just like the death penalty is wrong....basically you're taking another person's life away without their consent.
    [CENTER][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="7"]Never underestimate the power a kiss possesses [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Pro-Choice.
    I believe it's better to bring a child in the world that will be cared for consensually by it's parents, than an unplanned pregnancy that can lead to abuse and many problems.
    I don't believe abortion is murder. A woman has a right to do what she wishes with her body, as a fetus is a part of her while it's unborn because it's essentially leeching off of her. Thus, giving the woman the decision on what to do with it.
    You can't put your arm around a memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jias_ wrote:

I went with a friend of mine who got pregnant after a one night stand. The condom must have broken or something because she knows she he had one. Anyway, by the time she found out it was too late for the morning after pill. She was like 12 or 14 weeks in. Something like that.

She only told me. Nobody else knew. And she said that if she didn't have me there to support her then she probably wouldn't have been able to go through with it. She wasn't able to have this kid because she was only 17. She has the rest of her life ahead of her, she has her plans, she didn't want anything messing with them. I'm pro choice, and if someone wants to have an abortion, I'll support them.

The entire time she was having it done she had a blank look on her face and just stared at the roof. When we left, we got in my car and she burst into tears. She explained it to me afterward and she said it was probably one of the most awkward, painful, and self exposing situations she has ever been in, but was glad she did it.

So no, it isn't the easy road. If she had of had the kid, and given it up for adoption, in the entire process she would have lost her scholarship for university (because her high school doesn't accept pregnant girls... religion and all) and her family would have went psychopathic arsehole like on her. She couldn't do any of that. For her abortion was the right choice.

Your hot and have a brain :lovey: wow..

Pro-choice.

If a teenager gets pregnant by mistake, she should have full rights to abort the baby if she so chooses. Why give birth to a child and then screw up her own life? If she's young and immature, it'll just be a child taking care of another child irresponsibly.

On the other hand, if a young adult gets pregnant without planning to do so, but she is financially and educationally capable, then the incident can become quite convenient if she's able to handle it. If for some people religion prohibits them from terminating the fetus, then she should be able to decide to keep it.

There is a lot of gray area - but that's easily covered by being able to choose for herself. Whether bounded by religion, philosophy, age, or her own morals. Even so, there should be, of course, some limit to getting abortions to prevent abuse.
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kase ().

Prolly gonna get flamed for this...

But, I think about it this way. Let's say someone makes a stupid mistake, aaaaannnnd....BAM! Teen Pregnancy. Well, usually teenage parents aren't good. (My dad and my mom for example.) They always get moved, never have a home, because they are always moving all over the place.

Sure life will be good when you hit adulthood or something...But what I went through because my mom and dad didn't want me due to them not wanting to take on the responsibility...I wouldn't want any other kid to go through the same thing.

So in my opinion, if I had a choice to abort it (Wouldn't feel anything) or let it have a miserable life, I would choose abortion.

Of course then again, I am a firm believer in reincarnation after you die. =P
    "Hey Bubba, hold my beer and watch this!"

-famous last words for 2012

Really, really pro-choice. In my opinion, the more abortions, the better. I'd be willing to abort a fetus if I got pregnant and didn't feel like it was the right time, and I truly don't think I would have any problem with it. The reason I'm so fine with it is because I know that the fetus won't suffer.

I just wish more people were okay with abortions, so idiots that shouldn't reproduce would be all, "Damn, I'm pregnant. ... To the abortion clinic!" I have a friend who's pregnant and should never, ever, ever reproduce. But she's against abortion, and everyone wants her to get one.

~Maggot
    [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
    I deem the sense of misery worse:
    Come, Madness, come!
    [/size]

BigBoobsAndProud wrote:

Secondly, I'm pro-life. Always have been, even when, at 17, I had a pregnancy scare of my own! The ONLY circumstances in which a woman should be allowed to have an abortion, is if a doctor advises her to due so because the birth of her baby would be detrimental to her health or life-threatening.
    Other than that, no reason at all to have an abortion!! It's murder! It's one of the things in life that I feel really strongly about. Abortion is wrong, just like murder is wrong, just like the death penalty is wrong....basically you're taking another person's life away without their consent.

I don't believe it is murder, atleast not until a point. I believe the U.S law on abortion is pretty good. However, you believe you should get it aborted if a doctor advises it. That is still murder.

I'm pro-life, except if it is threatening the life of the mother. Would it make more sense to have an abortiion and only have the fetus die, or for the mother to die during the pregnancy, making the baby die too, which would be two lost lives, instead of one.

Every person has the right to live. You wouldn't turn to your brother or sister and say "You know, you're not convenient to me in my life right now" and kill them, would you? It's the exact same thing as saying "Oh no, I'm pregnant, but I'm not ready for a baby right now" and going to get an abortion.

If you think you're ready to have sex, you need to consider the consequences, there's always a chance of pregnancy, even if you're using protection. Anyone that's responsible enough to have sex, should be responsible enough to be a mother/father.

Abortions are really harmful. It's murder, and it can cause psychological problems in the mother. IMO, you would have to be a heartless person to have an abortion and not be extremely impacted psychologically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Washing your hands is the willful taking of human life. Thousands of previously-living human skin cells die in the process. Intentionally giving yourself a paper cut is the willful taking of human life since the red blood cells that die are human.

Like all attempted proofs that abortion is equivalent to murder, you have to hide the fact that your argument requires you to start with the assumption that a fetus or zygote is somehow different from a sperm cell and an egg cell the millisecond before conception. If a fetus or zygote is no different from a sperm cell, then abortion is no more murder than refusing to have sex is. After all, refusing to have sex, assuming having sex would have resulted in a pregnancy, kills the sperm cell and the egg cell that would have formed the child.

But of course, you have to hide in your argument the assumption that a human life goes from completely valueless (like a drop of blood or some skin cells) to fully equivalent to an adult human at the microsecond of conception, which makes abortion equivalent to murder, which is of course, complete utter nonsense.

Why is it nonsense? The value of how much nonsense it is - is the same thing as "it's okay to have sex with a 18.00 year old girl, but not a 17.99 year old girl." That is, waiting for the clock to strike midnight of when the girl legally turned 18 in some jurisdictions made all the legal difference - from an automatic rape to the legality of consent.

If aborting a fetus is morally equivalent to killing a born child, then refusing to fertilize an egg and causing it to die is morally equivalent to aborting a fetus.

Things are what they are, not what they will be.

Many state laws draw the line at 6 weeks. That is, before 6 weeks, it is not murder.

Remember, things are what they are, not what they will be. You know that zygotes are not full grown babies. You can also research into the age at which they're capable of feeling physical pain - weeks later.

A hot girl is going to be an old ugly lady at age 80 or 90 some day. Such a hot girl is going to die someday. Should I refuse to have sex with her because "oh she's going to be old and ugly someday?" Can I make that argument?

The "zygotes are human beings" argument is about the same as "hot girls are old ladies/deceased corpses" argument. Things are what they are, not what they will be.
    Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

I'm pro-choice. I don't believe that everyone who has sex has intentions on getting pregnant. Girls get raped and if they don't want the baby then they shouldn't have to have the baby. Some people are poor and can't afford children. You have to have a child at the right time. You may be financially stable but not mentally stable. You may be mentally stable but not financially stable. A child is a lot of work. We are all individuals and we own ourselves. We should be able to do whatever we choose with our bodies. You have to do what you have to do, regardless of who or what thinks of it. It's your life and you have to do what's best for you.
    [CENTER][SIZE=6][SIZE=5][/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]