Should I make out with my prom date?

• Should I make out with my prom date?

My name's Jason and I'm from Boston, but that's not really important. My senior prom is this coming Friday. I am in a 12-person (6 couples) prom limo. The other guys in my limo are planning to make out with their dates. Only 2 couples are going out, so the other 3 guys are planning to make out with their couples anyway. I'm wondering if I should make out with my date. I have known her for a few months, we've probably hung out around 5-7 times. We talk sometimes online, and our convos are usually pretty good. But I'm wondering if I should attempt to make out with her. IF she doesn't want to, I will feel like a complete moron. But if she did then it would be amazing. So what should I do? Any way of testing if she wants to? Help is appreciated, thanks
    • Re: Should I make out with my prom date?

That's stupid to "plan" on making out with someone.

But, I definitely wouldn't just grab her and start making out with her. Don't do it in the limo. That would be weird. And don't make out with her unless you like her because you might lead her on.

I wouldn't know how you could approach her about it. If I think of something, I'll let you know.

Well do you feel any connections when you hang out with her?

Kissing someone can bring your friendship with someone to another level, and it can also make things awkward afterwards between you and your date.

Personally, just go and enjoy yourself and if you feel a connection between you and your date/sexual frustration, kiss her and see where it goes. But don't go putting pressure on her to full-on make out with you. Maybe before you try to kiss her, kiss her on the cheek and compliment her when you see her (ex: "you look beautiful tonight.") and see how she reacts.

Sitting in a limo with other couples that are all making out with their dates can be awkward, so maybe you should make a pact with your buddies to keep the making out minimal in the limo if things for you and your date aren't going too well.

P.S. I love Boston, gorgeous city. :]
      It's ridiculous how late you guys get out of school though. Prom for my school was like the first Saturday in May.

hey there!

Well, making out would be the perfect way to sum up a good date, but you shouldn't PLAN to make out. i mean, making out is fun, but you shouldnt make a schedule to do so!! Just do it if the time is right, and do NOT force it. Do it if it's coming NATURALLY.

oh ive known people who are like, "Let's make out at 4:00!!"
      and i just think that making out shouldnt be quite like that.

oh and also make out only if you like her and stuff, not just because your friends are doing it.

****Having said that, i hope you and your date will have fun!!! ;) ******

It seems like you only want to make out with her because everyone else is going to make out with their prom date. I personally love how guys have egos. Like they brag about how many girls they have fucked. It's like they keep a list under their bed and as they are fucking someone they put a check.

You shouldn't push yourself to do something you aren't ready for. Because if you were in fact ready for it then you wouldn't be coming on a chatboard to ask a question that problaby a kindergarden kid could answer. And no, I'm not bashing you. I'm giving you the honest truth. I would smack you if I was talking and all of a sudden I felt wet lips pressed against mine as I'm still speaking. You need to take things slow if you want a relationship to form. Don't rush things. Take them slow. If you really want to be a nice guy then ask her if you can kiss her. If she says no then don't push it. Accept it and leave it alone.

Have fun at prom.