gap year?

• I always thought I'd go straight to college, but lately? I don't know.

I'm going to be 17 when I graduate, and I know that's young, not to mention I love traveling around the world, I always have.

What really made me think was my summer trip to Africa last year. I got to work with some amazing people, and I would love to be able to to the hands on volunteer work that I did when I was there.

So if any one else out there is taking a gap year or thinking about it, i wanna hear why you want to do it or why you decided to take an extra year, and if you would suggest it.

thanks
    • Re: gap year?

I'm planning on taking a gap year for my first or second year of college.
      I don't know what I want to do or achieve in life yet, so might as well go travel the world and help people in need. :)
      I am thinking of this program. It wouldn't be an "extra" year, it'll be in place of that year.
      What about you? what programs have you looked at?

Rubyz wrote:

I'm planning on taking a gap year for my first or second year of college.
      I don't know what I want to do or achieve in life yet, so might as well go travel the world and help people in need. :)
      I am thinking of this program. It wouldn't be an "extra" year, it'll be in place of that year.
      What about you? what programs have you looked at?

Oh wow, that looks really interesting and neat. I'll have to check that out, even though I have 2 more years to go.

im not really interested in travelling. so yeah i guess i will just go straight to uni.

RiderzFan wrote:

There is nothing wrong with taking a year or two off
      before school. You deserve it, you just made it through 12 years of school. No harm in taking some time off.
      Im definitely taking at least a year off even if I dont travel or anything.

personally, i think that is VERY lazy and will look terrible on your CV (i took a year off just for the sake of it)