I Think I'm Anorexic.

• I Think I'm Anorexic.

Right now I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall, and I weigh 114lbs. approx. Normally during lunch at school, I scarcely eat. Same goes with other meals, although I snack throughout the day. Lately I've been eating full lunches at school, but I started thinking I might gain weight. To me, the prospect of gaining any sort of weight. I have pride in my certain 'flimsiness,' and I think skinny people have a certain beauty, but I feel comfortable around people with a bit of extra weight (I'm crushing on a guy like that). Thing is, I can't see myself being happy like that.

I'm thinking about cutting lunch out completely at school, but I have mixed feelings. I don't know what kind of help I need, but I know I need some.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: I Think I'm Anorexic.

Do not cut out lunch. Skinny people are ussually skinny because of there genes. If your parents were skinny chances are you will be skinny. Thats the deal for me and I eat a lot and I don't gain any wait at all I wish I would sometimes but i dont stress over it.

You need food for energy and to grow into the man that you will become in a few years. I honestly dont think you have to worry about your weight. If you end up gaining a few pounds that you dont like you can always lose those few pounds again by exersizing using the energy you received from your food.

Yeah most of that probably didnt make much sense but im typing faster than im thinking right now.

Good Luck!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been on this chapter in my health class for almost two weeks now.

The first thing you need to do is talk to someone about, anyone you feel comfortable talking about it to. Such as your parents for example, a trusted teacher, or a sibling.

The first step of recovering from the issue. When "anorexia nervosa" is in effect, the mind makes the individual think they are overweight when really they need to gain a little extra pounds to maintain a stable body structure. You may think you are overweight but also when anorexia nervosa is in effect the mind generally makes an "obsession" over staying skinny.

First you must recognize your problem, talk to someone about it such as your parents would probably be the best idea, and tell them you want help.

HELP IS NOT BAD!
      It is a good thing in the long run

Second, after reccognizing the issue you must decide an act.
      Talk to a nutritionist about healthy eating habits, three full meals a day is desired to maintain a stable homeostasis.
      Lack of nutrients can cause even more problems than you might think.

Anyways, I don't mean to be harsh but this is serious and if it isn't turned around as soon as possible it can be life threatening.

Its not a bad thing that you are skinny. But if you have the symptoms such as, eating less, looking in the mirror increasingly often, sense of being lightheaded, being full after a small meal, or confused thinking (because the brain needs energy to function properly), take my advice

You best bet after talking to someone about it is professional help.
      From what I have read, people sometimes refuse to do to the hospital saying they arent anorexic and they don't need help, but help is GOOD!

I hope this will help you and Im sorry if I am a little harsh but it is real and needs to be taken in a high account

God bless :)

Seriously? Textbook information doesn't make me feel any effing better. I don't think I'm overweight and I know I'm not. I'm not lacking nutrients, lightheadedness doesn't occur, and looking in the mirror more? I'm sorry but that just self-consciousness.

So yeah, I don't feel like that helped any.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

adamEcstacy wrote:

Right now I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall, and I weigh 114lbs. approx. Normally during lunch at school, I scarcely eat. Same goes with other meals, although I snack throughout the day. Lately I've been eating full lunches at school, but I started thinking I might gain weight. To me, the prospect of gaining any sort of weight. I have pride in my certain 'flimsiness,' and I think skinny people have a certain beauty, but I feel comfortable around people with a bit of extra weight (I'm crushing on a guy like that). Thing is, I can't see myself being happy like that.

I'm thinking about cutting lunch out completely at school, but I have mixed feelings. I don't know what kind of help I need, but I know I need some.

If you feel like you really need to cut out your one big meal of the day, the best way to go about it is eat a full breakfast, a moderate lunch, then a small dinner. That way, you'll have the whole day to burn off whatever you ate for breakfast.
      I don't know how your body works, but from what I can tell you look like the type to be naturally skinny. Don't worry so much about gaining weight. Weight is relative anyway, it changes depending your location.

In fact the best way to loose weight is not to cut out a meal (that actually pushes up your weight). But to eat the same amount in several smaller meals - it gives you body a chance to properly deal with all the food.

Btw, cutting out meals increases weight because after a long period without food, slows down your metabolism, which means when you do eat your body doesn't deal with the food propely.

Of course the best thing to do is excersise.

tinhead wrote:

In fact the best way to loose weight is not to cut out a meal (that actually pushes up your weight). But to eat the same amount in several smaller meals - it gives you body a chance to properly deal with all the food.

Btw, cutting out meals increases weight because after a long period without food, slows down your metabolism, which means when you do eat your body doesn't deal with the food propely.

Of course the best thing to do is excersise.

I snack throughout the day consistently. Cutting school lunch out might be safer. I had chicken nuggets today, and they actually looked depressing. And the fries I had make the roof of my mouth feel funny.

Ken: Schools give greens a bad name! Apples are supposed to be firm, not mushy. I swear the that stuff is weeks old...
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

If you can take your own meals to school, try taking some fruit salad or sandwiches. My work's cafe only sells unhealthy food so I always take my own. You can still eat a healthy amount food just change your diet if you want to be slim. Such as eating a low fat healthy cereal for breakfast, something for lunch, then a nurishing meal when you get home. If you're snaking throughout the day it's probably because you're not feeding your body enough. You need at least 2000 calories a day just to survive (on average, that is). If you constantly under-fuel your body you will risk your health and mental functions in the long run.

And I share a your feelings, albeit in the opposite way. I look at myself and no matter how muscular I get I feel puny and small. Maybe I have some sort of problem.
      [CENTER][CENTER]Taken: Shibuya, Toto-Super Space.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      "o-shaberi Benki-kun" - "Talkative convenience container"
      Only the Japanese would give a personality to a toilet.
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]