Juggling Performance: Stage Fright Help!

• Juggling Performance: Stage Fright Help!

Uh oh!

I juggle and I'll be performing next week at an open stage at school.
      But, my problem is, I've got stage fright. ><
      I participated in the open stage last year, too, with my band.
      I was so nervous I dropped my guitar on my toes on stage during the soundcheck. xD
      [We had a few gigs afterwards which went a lot better, though.]

And I'll be participating in the open stage with three acts this year; playing guitar with a band, playing bass with another band, and a juggling performance with a pianist, who's a close friend.

I just received the programme for the open stage and fortunately, the juggling act will be my last of the three.
      So I'll be already warmed up and stuff.

But, still!
      I KNOW I'll drop. A lot.
      I'm pretty sure juggling is pretty hard when your arms are all shaky and stuff. xD

So, the question is, what's the best thing to do to control my stage fright?
      I heard it should help to count backwards just before you get on stage because it stimulates a particular part of the brain.

But, any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance!:D
      I will post a video with the performance when it's over. :P
    • Re: Juggling Performance: Stage Fright Help!

I got a suggestion, put a mascot somewhere in front of you when you juggle at home, and juggle with the same balls as you do on stage.
      if you go to stage, place the mascot somewhere you can see it clearly, you may not want to show it to the public.. and then, concentrate on the same balls, and the same mascot you juggle with at home, just dont look into the croud's eyes:P
      There has been research on this subject this, and it really works;) cause it is more familiar;)

be cool:P
    • Re: Juggling Performance: Stage Fright Help!

i know this is too late, but whatever, for the future?

i have experience on stage at a decent sized venue where u had to "connect" with the audience, and this is what i picked up.
      about 2 minutes before youre due on stage, do your circles, just walk in a 4-6 foot radius circle, and find your focus. Then 20-30 seconds before your on, take deep breaths to calm ur breathing. this keeps you at a normal pace!
      [SIZE="2"]like what i said?
      +1 rep![/SIZE]:)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]umm... yaaaa?? Thx for playin!