Spice Girls: Reunite, make a new cd & tour!

• Spice Girls: Reunite, make a new cd & tour!

The Spice Girls are preparing for a Christmas reunion tour, sources close to the band tell PEOPLE.

"It should be happening in December," a source tells PEOPLE. "Geri [Halliwell, a.k.a. Ginger Spice] and Emma ['Baby Spice' Bunton] have been in the studio writing new material and they want to do a worldwide tour."

Rumors have circulated recently that the band would reunite for the Princess Diana
      memorial concert that is to be held on Diana's birthday, July 1, to mark the 10th anniversary of her death.

"They definitely won't be performing at the Diana show. It is too soon and
      Emma is pregnant," says another band insider. "But plans are afoot for later in the year. It all depends on Simon Fuller. He is the mastermind."

Fuller, 47, was the Svengali manager who turned the five-woman group into the most successful female act of the 1990s and later went on to create American Idol.

The group plans to release a greatest hits album that will include several new songs, sources tell PEOPLE. "They have a couple of new songs and one in particular is fantastic," says one recording-studio source. "It's hard to get something as pop-laden as their first hit, 'Wannabe,' but one of the new songs is heading that way and it has far more funk in it than the ballads before the band split."

Until recently, it seemed there was no hope for a reunion. "There are no plans for it at all with or without me," Melanie "Sporty Spice" Chisholm, 33,
      told PEOPLE in March.

The band insider confirms that Chisholm was reluctant at first. "It's been a long time coming and the negotiations have been going on for a while," says the source. "Mel C. was the last one to come onboard as she has been pushing her solo career."

The first hint of a possible reunion came on April 22 at the
      baptism service for 34-year-old Halliwell's 11-month-old daughter, Bluebell Madonna. Only L.A.-based Melanie "Scary Spice" Brown, 32, who welcomed a daughter of her own on April 3, was absent.

Sources tell PEOPLE Fuller returned to London from Los Angeles earlier this week and is expected to craft an announcement of the reunion. Meanwhile,
      Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham has returned to California to finalize her family's move.

Beckham has commissioned interior designer Kelly Hoppen, who is the stepmother of
      Sienna Miller, to furnish the family's six-bedroom Beverly Hills home prior to their mid-July move. Beckham is also expected to continue filming her NBC show during the trip.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20041905,00.html
      [LEFT] [/LEFT]
    • Re: Spice Girls: Reunite, make a new cd & tour!

omfgidc wrote:

Aha, I'd love for them to get back together.
      Although a tour is probably best for them, I doubt they'd sell as many singles this time around.

I think they will sell-
      not because they aregood songs,
      but because they are reuniting.
      It's exciting.

I really don't think posh will come back though lol
      [LEFT] [/LEFT]

Hmmm, I know what you mean.
      It's possible.

But, they never were outstanding singers, and the lyrics never really meant anything other than "let's have fun! yay!"

I just think that now they're older, their fans are older, they'd need to be more mature to keep those fans, and I don't see that happening.
      Like Take That, then.

We'll see, though. I could be wrong.

omfgidc wrote:

Hmmm, I know what you mean.
      It's possible.

But, they never were outstanding singers, and the lyrics never really meant anything other than "let's have fun! yay!"

I just think that now they're older, their fans are older, they'd need to be more mature to keep those fans, and I don't see that happening.
      Like Take That, then.

We'll see, though. I could be wrong.

They were beyond outstanding.
      They were really popular in the 90s.
      Just because they didn't have meaningful songs lol-
      people liked them.
      even if they were to ashamed to admit it
      [LEFT] [/LEFT]

pretty wrote:

They were beyond outstanding.
      They were really popular in the 90s.
      Just because they didn't have meaningful songs lol-
      people liked them.
      even if they were to ashamed to admit it

I'm not disputing that fact, at all.
      I was one of those people, and I've never been ashamed to admit it.

All I'm saying is, they're older now.
      Generally speaking, their songs should be more mature, and they should really be focusing on singing, rather than jumping around, if they want to shock people and make a bigger impact than just going back to being the same group that were out 10 years ago.
      That isn't going to happen for them.
      They're not amazing singers, and thus, couldn't pull off 'mature' or very meaningful material.

I think you missed my point. I wasn't saying they were never huge, or amazing as a band.

im not arguing, I quoted to because the post below you were off topic as to what I was referring to.
      no beef just love

No, your post did not go over my head-
      But obviously mine did.
      I never said YOU were off topic-
      I said the posts BELOW you were off topic regaurding what I was referring to,
      therefore I quoted you.
      I didn't quote you to necessarily call you out.
      [LEFT] [/LEFT]

pretty wrote:

No, your post did not go over my head-
      But obviously mine did.
      I never said YOU were off topic-
      I said the posts BELOW you were off topic regaurding what I was referring to,
      therefore I quoted you.
      I didn't quote you to necessarily call you out.

Obviously it did go over your head if you tried 'correcting' me that the spice girls were outstanding.
      ...why quote me if you're aiming what you're saying @ someone else?
      idgi.

omfgidc wrote:

Obviously it did go over your head if you tried 'correcting' me that the spice girls were outstanding.
      ...why quote me if you're aiming what you're saying @ someone else?
      idgi.

How do you correct an opinion?
      Nothing went over my head, I understood everything you meant.
      I was adding on if you must.

gahhh drama.
      Over somethime so silly like the spice girls.
      [LEFT] [/LEFT]