Domain server name help..

• Domain server name help..

Ok, well basically every once in a while my connection is disconnecting me.
      It's not done this before. I pressed the diagnose and repair button and something came up saying about the name on the DNS. Can anyone tell me where i can find the DNS or whatever it is or how i can fix this problem? I dont understand DNS stuff, nor what the problem is, except there is obviously a problem with the name?
    • Re: Domain server name help..

Eh, I hate the DNS to be honest. To be honest, there's been times where I just sit it out due to my ISP being gay and it sorts its self out. If a Diag. & Repair doesn't fix it and no other system on your network can connect than wait it out, my only reason behind it is because it's your ISP, not you. I really have no other explaination to be honest, unless the TCP/IP settings have been altered.
    • Re: Domain server name help..

Eh, I recall you're on XP. Oh going back is hard when it's not in front of me...

If you have your computer sign enabled in the bottom right hand corner besides the clock, right click it and goto properties. From there you click properties. Then select "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" with that highlighted click properties...