Religion

• Re: Religion

this is different though... This focuses on the whole thing... I have seen many others, and I know they exsist, don't get me wrong. I just want to have a spot to debate the whole thing as a whole, and what people would suggest as a viable alternative if they don't agree

please don't take it wrong if I came off mean towards you, I am merely trying to explain how this isn't a carbon copy of all the others...

Sad face, just got negatie repp'd
      Very Original Signature!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Brad ().

the christian belief at its fundemental core is like any other religion preaching love, peace and harmony to the human race. but as time has moved on the church has added to it the predjudices which have corrupted it and given society today the church that ppl mock and in some cases hate. the church is also in love as it were with power which it has had for centuries and is shown to us by the churchs inquesitions in the middle ages. if u like the core values of the church but not its predjudices then u could become buhddist or live as a christian away from the church and just living ur life off his true teachings.

Pickles wrote:

Despite belonging to a religion, I seriously thing the world would be a MUCH better place without it..Religion does more harm than it does good and I feel faith and belief should be a personal thing and you should not be told what to believe :)

I'm not sure if I agree fully to that. I'm an atheist but I do believe that some religious people do good in the name of their lord. IMO they should do good in the name of humanity, but God is their vice, so whatever.

panicmayarise wrote:

I'm not sure if I agree fully to that. I'm an atheist but I do believe that some religious people do good in the name of their lord. IMO they should do good in the name of humanity, but God is their vice, so whatever.

I am not denying that certain people do good..but alot of the time they are living a delusion. In fact i would say I am agnostic..well..I think there is a God..but not a God in the sense that normal people think of God.

I just don't like the idea of millions of people believing the exact same thing because an old book told them too. Believing in God is perfectly fine as long as it is on a personal level. Even though your relationship with God in many religions is a personal thing..you are still living your life the same way as all other believers in the same religion..living with the same restrictions and adopting the same values. That is why there would be much more individuality without religion because people would have to think for themselves. Religion really is a crutch for humanity..removing that crutch will show the extent to which we have been dependent on a constant belief and a sense of significance.

I believe in God and I am a practicing Christian, BUT even though I go to a church and am quite involved I have my own beliefs and if that church tries to do something that I don't feel is right, I just won't do it. The thing is power corrupts and most religons started out as something good, but turned into things people HATE because normal people were given the responsiblility of running them, and took to much of what they wanted. It's a fact, because people come in and want to do things a certain way, which isn't always good. I've seen it happen several times

PS post 200
      Very Original Signature!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brad: 200 posts! ().

ok all of this is very true that religion in the modern scheme is mainly a burden to the mass who follow it but if we look at the types of religion we have today we see they are all monotheistic. no one who looks deeply enough into religion can deny that polytheistic religions had much more succes in that they didn't have just one all powerful being but many gods in which ppl could call upon to help in their every day work. this seems more useful if you want a belief that provides you with help from the gods instead of worshoping a being that does nothing for you that you recognise as help. iam just putting this forward because every human needs to believe in somthing even athiests believe that the laws of science are what makes eveything work.

Religion is based on faith of believing something you cannot know

I see religion now, as something that has been started for a good cause, but with all these denominations, it is kinda ruined because people try to get certain things. I practice Salvationism with the Salvation Army, and I see it as the best way to go. Now there are a few things I don't agree with, but I know where every penny I give goes, and I know everything I want. I have a belief that is based off what I see as right, and unlike some people, I don't focus on things so stupid that have nothing to do with one's salvation such as, oh no your hair is dyed, and silly things like that.

Most religions now have strayed away from the roots of where they began
      Very Original Signature!