Religion

• Re: Religion

Ok.
      I believe in God.
      That is really the only thing that has kept me going.
      When I feel like I'm backed into a corner and there is no way out I always pull through because I believe that god will pull me through.Sometimes that is my only motivation to push forward in life.
      So does this make me ignorant?
      Does that mean I'm some how less of a person?
      I don't ask anyone to share my beliefs.
      I TRY to never attack anyone else for believing different than me.
      (I have thrown some insults at Muslims only one time though and it was wrong)
      I don't think I'm superior or smarter for believing in god.
      I'm in no way perfect.
      I try to help people as much as I can.
      Not because I think I will get a reward for doing it but because I just feel good after helping somebody.
      I see no point in trying to convert somebody to my religion.
      Because for one each person interprets the bible different.
      So instead harassing you to accept Jesus.
      I try to encourage people (Mainly my friends)to help other people when they need it.
      So please don't label all Christians as the same.
      I know all about the Christians that do fucked up shit.
      I encounter allot of them.
      I cannot control their actions.
      I can only control mine.
      One more thing I don't scream that hell fire bullshit either.
      Whether or not you go to heaven is between you and god and its really none of my business how you choose to live your life.

Sorry for long paragraph I'll shut up now.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Religion, if examined objectively, based on historical facts and treated without presumptions, shows itself to be a false and duplicitous affair. Scripture and doctrine change with the times, gods are lost then recreated and any action can be justified with its use. It is used, even now, as a means of coercion and control, a false crutch, a conditioned dependence. Marx's opium of the masses, used to justify the suffering of society, the divisions of mankind, the wars the poverty, by stating that in an afterlife a benevolent creator will watch over the virtuous soul. Change in the physical world is rendered irrelevant, or so is the goal, the powers in charge remain, speaking forever of coming salvation.

The Norse religion created the three classes, the warriors the nobles and the peasants, to justify social stratification and the abuse that came with it. Eastern religions mention karma, the sin of "past lives" intangible, immaterial but shown by the state of your birth to have been good or bad, and deservedly so. The Judeo-Christian religions, with their original sins, all mankind condemmed to sin if not extracated by its virtue. And what is virtue? Everything which follows the rules set forth by clergy or by god, and these rules are anything but permanent. And they change only in accordance with the social state of the age, in a manner which would continue the opression.

Religion is in the end a tool to excercise control, what little good is said to be in it is nothing but a shadow of a promise, duplicity and opportunism at its best.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

Neal wrote:

Yea, The Guardian is somewhat of a disgrace to Christians.

How so?

Like Burn, we come in hundreds of different forms or likenesses. Yet, you seem to hate, bash, on me because I express me belief? Like you using the same freedom I was given.

Everyone, Neal, is different because you are different does not mean that you are a disgrace to anyone. Now can you give reason to this? Other than my opinion differs from yours causing confliction?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

The Guardian wrote:

How so?

Like Burn, we come in hundreds of different forms or likenesses. Yet, you seem to hate, bash, on me because I express me belief? Like you using the same freedom I was given.

Everyone, Neal, is different because you are different does not mean that you are a disgrace to anyone. Now can you give reason to this? Other than my opinion differs from yours causing confliction?

Like you said, that's his opinion so why does it matter to you? He can say that with no evidence if he wanted to, but he really doesn't need to give any evidence. I, and most others, would know quite well where his opinion stems from. If you don't even get it by now, then you won't get it when he even tells you why.

I don't think you're a disgrace to Christianity though; just to your academic institution.

The Guardian wrote:

Neal wrote:

Yea, The Guardian is somewhat of a disgrace to Christians.
      How so?

Because you admit that Christianity is a religion.

The Guardian wrote:

Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

The Guardian wrote:

And it is somehow wrong to do so? Or is Christianity not a religion, please, I want to see this stupidity.

When I go to the Christian forums, they do not say to me that Christianity is a "religion."

For them to say that Christianity is a religion, would be "downgrading."

Suppose you ask them "Does the world need religion?" They will agree with you. They will say "Yes, look at what Islam has done to the world." And all their criticisms towards extremist Muslim.

Now, if a Christian were to believe that Christianity is a religion, and you ask them if we as the human race need religion or whether or not religion is a good thing, then they have to weigh in the fact that they love Christianity and hate Islam. How can they do it? Simple, they don't.

It would be downgrading to them to say "Christianity is just a religion." They don't believe that.

And that's why I believe you are a disgrace to Christians.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

How can you be a Christian and believe "Christianity is just a religion, like Islam?"

I am not talking about you specifically, but a person in general.

Do Christians want Christianity to be "categorized" in the same lines and magnitute as Islam or Hinduism? That's really downgrading.

Neal wrote:

How can you be a Christian and believe "Christianity is just a religion, like Islam?"

I am not talking about you specifically, but a person in general.

Do Christians want Christianity to be "categorized" in the same lines and magnitute as Islam or Hinduism? That's really downgrading.

Do you really think, or believe that Christian or most anyone cares what others think of them? The United States And Iraqi jihadists are a great example, yet we care so much for each other, that they harm us we harm them. However for them it has gone beyond that to insufferable rage where everyone suffers.

Google it, and you will find a website that posts the videos sent from these sick twisted men, who behead these innocent people.

You are trying to combined the definition of Religion with the belief of the religion, of which though some are close, they no where near close enough.

Now what was the website, or forum you claimed to have found? Or shall I assume it is fake and your lying?
      [CENTER]We're the first to fight, the last to leave. We're your worst nightmare, and your greatest blessing. We are the US Marines!
      [/CENTER]

What Atheists do not comprehend is that Christianity is NOT a “religion”; it is a TRANSFORMED LIFESTYLE of a SEPARATED PEOPLE. And Atheists also do not understand that Christ did NOT come to establish a “religion”; He was AGAINST “religion”. And Atheists are oblivious to the fact that God and Christ are NOT the “Authors” of RELIGION, but rather the Transdimensional Adversarial Entity (Satan) is the “author” of RELIGION. Thus the so-called “Holy Wars” in the name of God are Satan’s divisive and tactical creations where God is MISREPRESENTED. The God of the Universe is NOT the Author of them.

And religious practioners, even those guised under the “Christian Banner,” i.e. Roman Catholicism, are UNAWARE and SKEWED in their ideologies of “Church”, for when Jesus told Peter (Pebble)… “Upon this rock I shall build My Church,” Christ was NOT referring to a gargantuan cathedral building or a behemoth orthodox “religious” world-strangling infrastructure, but instead He was referring to SEPARATING OUT OF THE WORLD “A PEOPLE” unto Himself, for the truest definition of “Church” is “A PEOPLE”, being the “Bride” of Christ, Who is the “Bridegroom”. This is why the Believer in Christ is said to be "IN THE WORLD, BUT NOT OF IT", for the world is "enemy territory" of the "god of this world" being the entity, Satan. Hence, TRUE CHRISTIANITY is a “relationship” or a “reciprocating communalism” with the Bridegroom, Christ Jesus the Creator, interconnecting the Believer with the Godhead, where as "religion" is diametrically antipodal to this notion serving to "separate" Humans from the Godhead and propagating idolatry and the worship of false gods and false prophets ultimately placating the Demonic Nature and the Adversary. Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, etc. have all keenly perfected these corruptions under the auspices of “religion”. Thus, “religion” is ANTI-CHRISTIAN.

Neal wrote:

When I go to the Christian forums, they do not say to me that Christianity is a "religion."

For them to say that Christianity is a religion, would be "downgrading."

Suppose you ask them "Does the world need religion?" They will agree with you. They will say "Yes, look at what Islam has done to the world." And all their criticisms towards extremist Muslim.

Now, if a Christian were to believe that Christianity is a religion, and you ask them if we as the human race need religion or whether or not religion is a good thing, then they have to weigh in the fact that they love Christianity and hate Islam. How can they do it? Simple, they don't.

It would be downgrading to them to say "Christianity is just a religion." They don't believe that.

And that's why I believe you are a disgrace to Christians.

I agree with this.
      christanity is more of life style than a religion.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

xXBURNXx wrote:

I agree with this.
      christanity is more of life style than a religion.

True, however it is a classification based on the dictionary, which there is nothing wrong with it.

Islam is a life style, just as every other "religion."
      [/CENTER]

Neal wrote:

What Atheists do not comprehend is that Christianity is NOT a “religion”; it is a TRANSFORMED LIFESTYLE of a SEPARATED PEOPLE. And Atheists also do not understand that Christ did NOT come to establish a “religion”; He was AGAINST “religion”. And Atheists are oblivious to the fact that God and Christ are NOT the “Authors” of RELIGION, but rather the Transdimensional Adversarial Entity (Satan) is the “author” of RELIGION. Thus the so-called “Holy Wars” in the name of God are Satan’s divisive and tactical creations where God is MISREPRESENTED. The God of the Universe is NOT the Author of them.

And religious practioners, even those guised under the “Christian Banner,” i.e. Roman Catholicism, are UNAWARE and SKEWED in their ideologies of “Church”, for when Jesus told Peter (Pebble)… “Upon this rock I shall build My Church,” Christ was NOT referring to a gargantuan cathedral building or a behemoth orthodox “religious” world-strangling infrastructure, but instead He was referring to SEPARATING OUT OF THE WORLD “A PEOPLE” unto Himself, for the truest definition of “Church” is “A PEOPLE”, being the “Bride” of Christ, Who is the “Bridegroom”. This is why the Believer in Christ is said to be "IN THE WORLD, BUT NOT OF IT", for the world is "enemy territory" of the "god of this world" being the entity, Satan. Hence, TRUE CHRISTIANITY is a “relationship” or a “reciprocating communalism” with the Bridegroom, Christ Jesus the Creator, interconnecting the Believer with the Godhead, where as "religion" is diametrically antipodal to this notion serving to "separate" Humans from the Godhead and propagating idolatry and the worship of false gods and false prophets ultimately placating the Demonic Nature and the Adversary. Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, etc. have all keenly perfected these corruptions under the auspices of “religion”. Thus, “religion” is ANTI-CHRISTIAN.

Religion is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs."

You seem here to confuse the ideas of religion, which is defined as a set of views, a lifestyle etc. regarding creation, and the idea of a church and clergy. One does not lead to the other, save for through historical observation. Christianity is a religion, in that there is a set of beliefs associated with it. Your idea, or understanding, of Christianity may differ from that of others, but it nevertheless remains religious. You have a set of ideas, a set of faith regarding the creation of the world, by a supernatural entity. This, in itself, does not make the requirement of a church, of a clergy or of orthodox dogma. Indeed, the latter is an entirely separate idea. A religion does not, by definition, require a church, a clergy, an orthodoxy, holy sites etc. It simply requires a set of beliefs, which you have.
      [SIZE=1]"Religious suffering is the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature... It is the opium of the people." ~Karl Marx [/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      “Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence”~ Engels[/SIZE]

I believe in God, but dont believe that he runs every aspect of our lives. I believe that God created us, then just gave us a little shove and let us be on our way, but will be there if we need a little help. He isnt there for us ALL the time.
      I also don't go all "GOD FORGIVE ME" when I do something that could be considered "unholy."
      "The only thing worse than losing my life would be to lose you." - Me
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Agnostic here.

Some of you might have read my post about religion, but here it is again.

Let's talk about God. What is he? Is he an actual physical deity? Is he an actual thing? Is he the creator of the world and shit? In my opinion, no, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. I think God is an embodiement of principals, moral laws, and good judgement. I think he is a representation of how to live a good life. He is a concept, and abstract figure, therefore is an "it." As the concept itself may be hard for people to grasp, the God figure was created to illustrate these concepts. Hence, there is God, just not what we think it is.

Heaven and hell. Are they true places, places where people go when they die? I believe they are, instead, incentives for following the concepts of life provided by God. If you live by the correct moral code, you supposedly go to heaven, and etc. I believe these places are places in your heart, where heaven is a sense of righteousness and self-achievement, and hell a sense of guilt. They aren't, in my opinion, physical locations. They are instead representations of right and wrong.

Hence, religion isn't worshipping a deity. I believe religion is a way of life, a guide to how to live a good life.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]