Which college?

• Re: Which college?

ensy wrote:

i WANT to go to a fashion school.
      but my parents are still not sure about this.

if not, then maybe an art school. somewhere in Canada. i dunno yet because i haven't been there yet and i'm not familiar with schools there. so xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or if still not an art school, heck i'll study business.

Go to the Art Institute of Vancouver with me! We could become BFF's! :D

Do whatever you want. If your into fashion then go. Dont let anybody stop you. Its your life, not theres.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm in the UK and I finished school 2 days ago. I'm on study leave now, my first exam on Tuesday.
      I'm planning on coming back to sixth form, which is in school. You do A Levels and you don't have to wear uniform. Obvs the work will be harder than GCSE level but you only have to do 4 subjects and they're all of your own choice.
      In order for me to be able to get in to sixth form, I'll need to get at least 5 C's or above in my GCSEs.
      [SIZE=3]Just Be Yourself :thumbsup:

[/SIZE]

John0991 wrote:

a degree is a degree you will find that out sooner or later, i will be going to university of Miami, a private college which will cost a lot less then those big names like Harvard and Yale, im going to major in the medical area. :)

Yes, but if you had two people applying for a job with similar résumés... who would you hire? The Ivy League Grad or the private college grad? I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious. I am not trying to put down your school, I am just saying that it does matter.

Andrellis wrote:

Yes, but if you had two people applying for a job with similar résumés... who would you hire? The Ivy League Grad or the private college grad? I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious. I am not trying to put down your school, I am just saying that it does matter.

LOL, you don't even know what you're talking about. Ivy league schools are already private, and not ALL of them are prestigious. Remember, the Ivy League is a SPORTS conference created a long time ago. At the top of my head, I can tell you that out of the top 8 Ivy League, only 3 are in the top 10. The rest is a list consisting of Berkeley, CalTech, UofChicago, UCLA, USC, etc.

It also depends on what you do with your degree, who hires you, and how competent you truly are. U of M is AMAZING and has a 6yr joing B.S/M.D program that Yale doesn't have, nor do most Ivy League schools with the exception of Cornell. Shit, it's also expensive, as most private colleges are. Actually, there are other private universities that are way more expensive than Ivy League Schools...NYU, Sarah Lawrence, George Washington, Carnegie Mellon, Wesleyan....
      consumerist.com/5069146/25-mos…ve-colleges-for-2008+2009

And they're not just expensive for the sake of being expensive, most of these private universities outrank any of the Ivy League universities.

It matters to an extent, I suppose, but if I were going to an Ivy League school, I'd go on to professional studies, in which I may or may not have the advantage because grades matter and post-grad schools in business, medicine, or law do not make exceptions for Ivy League schools...or any school.

It's grades that matter. Suppose there's two pre-meds, one from Yale with a 3.0, and one from say, USC with a 3.8. Guess whos going to get into Medical School? USC.

Besides, if you were going to an Ivy League school, WHY would you want to quit after only 4 years of education? :confused: Nonetheless WORK for someone...?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Monster ().