SATANISM - Read the satanic bible for free here. Humanity at its best.

• Re: SATANISM - Read the satanic bible for free here. Humanity at its best.

I've read most of this book (my former closest companion was a Laveyan Satanist) and it is quite an interesting read. I was turned off by the selfishness, but I understood the points they were making. It was reasonable, to say the least.

Zen wrote:

I've read most of this book (my former closest companion was a Laveyan Satanist) and it is quite an interesting read. I was turned off by the selfishness, but I understood the points they were making. It was reasonable, to say the least.

Someone who actually read the book. Yay!

I have a friend is involved with Satanism (I say "involved" because I'm not sure how in to it she is) and I have to say that the ideas presented by this are intriguing. I believe that one of the best ways to prove your solid belief in a religion or system of beliefs is to study others. However, I also believe that it is inappropriate to insult or demean others based on generalizations.
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

Assaultrifle wrote:

I say bullshit. I've only read a few pages and I don't plan to read any more, but although he may not see satan as god he still believes satan exists and he still believes that people can have magical powers, which is pure bullshit.
      Wow. You obviously didn't read it. Way to go. X)

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Wow. You obviously didn't read it. Way to go. X)

A quote from page 16-

"White magic is supposedly utilized only for good or unselfish purposes, and black magic, we are told, is used only for selfish or “evil” reasons. Satanism draws no such dividing line Magic is magic, be it used to help or hinder.The Satanist, being the magician, should have the ability to decide what is just, and then apply the powers of magic to attain his goals.."

Sounds like he believes in magic to me, lol.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

I'm new and don't have the time to be reading a derailed thread about satanism so I'll target the OP. In what relation does Satanism have with Christianity? If any, in your opinion?

I ask this because your answer will decide whether or not I look into the thread. I'm always willing to read into new perspectives.

Assaultrifle wrote:

A quote from page 16-

"White magic is supposedly utilized only for good or unselfish purposes, and black magic, we are told, is used only for selfish or “evil” reasons. Satanism draws no such dividing line Magic is magic, be it used to help or hinder.The Satanist, being the magician, should have the ability to decide what is just, and then apply the powers of magic to attain his goals.."

Assualtrifle i know your not retarded stop trying to be funny. It's a metaphor it's like me saying knives are good because i use them to cut my meat. I could easily say knives are bad because they kill people. Knives are knives they don't have a mind nor can they control what they do. It's the person who controls it. He's saying as long as what your doing is furthering you closer to your goal who cares what it is. He used magic because it's something we have all heard before.
      White Magic=good
      Black magic=bad
      If you have good intentions something associated with evil could become a force good. Please drop the BS.
      [SIZE=4]

Jesus Christ;1624368 wrote:

Dresden, You want to prove that you are better than a non white person? Get the fuck out of your mom's basement, go outside, get a job and make your life worth something.
      [/SIZE]

Aunt Jemima wrote:

Which is why there is a need for a name change.
      Let's just call ourselves laveysts.

I mean. I really like our name as Satanists. The reason it is called that is because Satan represents self-indulgence and the natural instinct of man.. so it is quite suitable.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Assaultrifle wrote:

A quote from page 16-

Don't be silly. Almost half of the shit in there is symbolism.. magic in the Satanist religion is referring to will power and the will to make something happen.. not actual magic.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Don't be silly. Almost half of the shit in there is symbolism.. magic in the Satanist religion is referring to will power and the will to make something happen.. not actual magic.
      Assualtrifle i know your not retarded stop trying to be funny. It's a metaphor it's like me saying knives are good because i use them to cut my meat. I could easily say knives are bad because they kill people. Knives are knives they don't have a mind nor can they control what they do. It's the person who controls it. He's saying as long as what your doing is furthering you closer to your goal who cares what it is. He used magic because it's something we have all heard before.
      White Magic=good
      Black magic=bad
      If you have good intentions something associated with evil could become a force good. Please drop the BS.
      A quote from page 42:

In every successful situation, one of the most important ingredients is the proper timing. In the performance of a magical ritual, timing can mean success or failure to an even greater extent. The best time to cast your spell or charm, hex or curse, is when your target is at his most receptive state.
      Stop kidding yourselves. There may be some symbolism in there but there is no doubt that this guy believes in actual magical rituals and spell-casting.

He later goes on to describe in detail some BS weird rituals that are supposed to actually have some effect on themselves and others in real life. He even describes how to cast a curse to "destroy your enemy". This guy's more full of baloney than a meat processing plant.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Assaultrifle ().

Assaultrifle wrote:

A quote from page 42:

Stop kidding yourselves. There may be some symbolism in there but there is no doubt that this guy believes in actual magical rituals and spell-casting.

How much have you read of the Satanic bible? I've read the entire thing and have written multiple college reports on the subject, so don't get all cocky just because you've read a couple of pages and think you know better than those who actually practice it.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Assaultrifle wrote:

A quote from page 42:

He later goes on to describe in detail some BS weird rituals that are supposed to actually have some effect on themselves and others in real life. This guy's more full of baloney than a meat processing plant.

In every successful situation, one of the most important ingredients is the proper timing. In the performance well timed attack, timing can mean success or failure to an even greater extent. The best time to get your revenge , is when your target is at his most receptive state.

Fix'd so you understand
      [SIZE=4]

Jesus Christ;1624368 wrote:

Dresden, You want to prove that you are better than a non white person? Get the fuck out of your mom's basement, go outside, get a job and make your life worth something.
      [/SIZE]

even though i consider myself a unitarian universalist, i still don't really believe that any people should strictly or even moderately follow any kind of scripture laid out by people whose main intention is to convince it's "followers" that these are the rules you should abide by.

i also find it incredibly ironic that satanism, of all 'religions' would have a bible.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." [/CENTER]

Oh, and Assaultrifle: You are absolutely wrong about Satanists believing in Satan.. that goes against everything they believe in.. in fact devil worshipers are looked down upon even more than christians in Lavey's eyes.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

In every successful situation, one of the most important ingredients is the proper timing. In the performance well timed attack, timing can mean success or failure to an even greater extent. The best time to get your revenge , is when your target is at his most receptive state.

Fix'd so you understand

I do see where you're coming from, however there is really nothing in that passage that suggests that he is using a metaphor. Also, if he is really talking about simply how to get revenge on someone rather than an actual curse, then he would not go on to carefully describe rituals with specific steps that need to be completed in order for the curse to take effect.

Hi :)
      The Satanic Bible, created by Lavey, is a bible
      for Satanists describing their way of living and
      how it is the truth rather than Christianity and
      other religions that pull the wool over out eyes.
      Satanism is not as evil as people make out, and
      it encourages love and prohibits the sacrifice of
      innocent people, small children and animals. It
      is a Bible that believe in neither Satan nor God,
      because it is a bible for the religion of man,
      believing that there is no afterlife, but only
      this mortal life, and that mankind should live it
      to the full. The so called seven deadly sins were
      carefully picked by Christians so that not one
      person on earth can live without "sinning".
      Satanism is not evil. It is neither good nor bad.
      It is a way of living for people who understand
      that Satanism is not a group of people, like
      normal religions, that follow a false god, but it
      is a religion that shows us just how we should
      live, just how other religions hold us back with
      their ignorance and hypocrisy, and how the true
      nature of mankind is an animal, existing only
      for the carnal desires that give them the buzz of
      their life.
      That's my take on it anyway.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]

I am satanist and don't believe in the satanist bible.

the way i see it there are 2 types of satanism: theist and athiest.

Theist satanism is the belief that both God and satan exist, but instead of following God, you follow Satan and do his dirty work.

Athiest satanism is more complicated. It is, in short, the belief in sin. According to the bible, Satan is basically the most sinful of sinners. So, take this into the real world. basically, you embrace sin. Say, if you feel lustful or greedy, instead of shirking it off and trying to forget these thoughts, you embrace them and do your best to feel the way you want to feel.

I am the latter.
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." - Dr. Seuss[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Satanism is a religion of the flesh' rather than of the spirit; therefore, an altar of flesh is used in Satanic ceremonies. The purpose of an alt ar is to serve as a focal point towards which all attention is focused during a ceremony. A nude woman is used as the altar in Satanic rituals because woman is the natural passive receptor, and represents the earth mother.

interesting.

As Exitosus states, there are two kinds
      of Satanist - atheist and theist. I think
      that the true existence of Satan and God
      are only to be taken as metaphors, theories
      and symbolic meanings. None of it is
      literally true.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]My mind turns to metal, its gears are turning,[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]And my sanity withers and dies.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]This world all around me, it's bitter and twisted;[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Reality, madness or lies?[/SIZE][/LEFT]