Apple Store resume assistance needed!

• Apple Store resume assistance needed!

hi :)

so im looking to apply to my local Apple Store, and i was hoping i could get a few opinions on what to put on my resume, and how to format it.

about me: I turn 18 in 8 days. I have almost 2 years of retail experience at my local Ace Hardware, but thats all. I know that for my age, that says a lot, being able to hold the same job for that duration, but i feel as if i should include more in the "experience" section.
      I use macs every day in my video class at my high school, and because of this, i switched from a pc. I have also convinced family and friends to switch. i have great experience using Apple's products (im one of the chill nerds, aight?), and although i would consider that to be impressive & highly relevant towards the job, i dont know if thats the appropriate place to talk about that type of experience, because i believe theyre looking for more "professional" experience....

but its too important to put in a seperate section at the bottom that the manager wont care to look at, cuz important stuff never is at the bottom...

One more thing! At my current job, i do more than just the register, such as aid customers on the floor (i have fairly good knowledge of all departments, and right now i can tell u where almost every item in that store is ex: zipties, halfway down aisle 7 on the left hand side), do the zeros, hot sheets, and other integral responsibilities (i get to make paint!! woo!). Oh, and i also have experience with Symbol products, the company that makes products that handle inventory, barcode scanner things that look like guns. apple uses them as EasyPay for on the floor transactions.

im so lost on what to do!
      thx!

(BTW: if anyone works for apple & can help without violating NDA, would be much appreciated)
      [SIZE="2"]like what i said?
      +1 rep![/SIZE]:)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]umm... yaaaa?? Thx for playin!
    • Re: Apple Store resume assistance needed!

oh i know!
      im actually great in english, i placed straight into 1A from high school, i just get casual on the internet.
      and i am meticulous about editing, especially in serious applications, such as a job or school.

also, dude, i wrote that in 10 minutes at 2:30 last night (morning??). im not expecting it to be perfect. i would handle the situation accordingly, and for this site, what i wrote is more than enough.

i have a fetish for punctuation and using unconventional words. ill admit its weird, but satisfying.

anyone wanna actually help? :)
      [SIZE="2"]like what i said?
      +1 rep![/SIZE]:)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]umm... yaaaa?? Thx for playin!

The post was edited 2 times, last by kloppenator ().

• Re: Apple Store resume assistance needed!

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offense.

I was simply pointing something out which would need sorting if you were handing in a job application.
      So to be honest, I was trying to help and I believe (personally) that it is a valid point.

If you did write that in 10 minutes, that is pretty impressive and it is obvious that you are adequate when it comes to English.

Anyway, good luck with your application.