Do You think long distance relationships work?

• Do You think long distance relationships work?

Does Long distance relationships work? 33
        Yes (17) 52%
        No (9) 27%
        Well.. (7) 21%
      My boyfriend is going to College in September 2009.
      We will be 400 miles apart, as i live on an island north of Scotland.

Do you think it will work? Does long distance relationships work?

Comment.

Sorry, didnt really add much information here..

Well he'll be back at Christmas time/New Year.
      I'll be going down for our 1 year anniversary at October Break.
      It will be just at like, holiday time that i wil be able to see him cause we have to get the 14 hour ferry then bus for 3 hours. So i don't know what you mean by regularly. Its not like it will be once a week. Every couple of months.

And its not like an online situation, he lives here, he's just moving away.
      And i might be going to University in Glasgow next year or the following year.

The post was edited 1 time, last by breastnut--x ().

• Re: Do You think long distance relationships work?

It depends how much / how often you see each other. Sometimes distances can really put a strain on a relationship unless you have some way to go back and forth to see each other. We can't really see the future, and tell you if it's going to last or not but you should try and make sure keep contact ; Physically, Emails, Phone calls txt. Etc.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Depends on what type of person you and him are. If you see another boy, would you try to talk to him (knowing that your bf might never find out)? Do you think he'll do the same with a girl? I'd rather just break up, and if she comes back and we still have the same feelings start it back. If you love someone you gotta let them go, right?

The post was edited 1 time, last by E-Weezie ().

Well, it depends.
      I've been in a long distance relationship, but I found the whole thing difficult because of trust. I didnt know what he was doing and all that.
      Trust is important in any relationship but I think more so in long distance relationships.
      It can put strain on the relationship, with not being able to seeing each other as often as you'de like. It all depends on weather you can cope with the changes of being in a long distance relationship or a short one.

DomGTR wrote:

Yeah, end up bumping into Mr Bear who just found out Goldilox had eaten his porridge and slept in his bed wouldn't end well.

[CENTER] Teenhut makes me smile :)[/CENTER]

I dont think so. "out of sight out of mind"
      You never know what the other person could be up to,
      no matter how much you trust them, they're going to get bored eventually and cheat,
      or break up with you because they've found someone closer to home.

Also I think that the point of a relationship is for two people to grow together and change together,
      if you're apart you cant really do that..so you'll eventually grow apart =/
      [SIZE="4"]
      youtube.com/afriendlyarab[/SIZE]

Yes.

However, I feel it could collapse more easily.

Imagine if a hot person courted you. And you have to make the "Sorry, I have an Intarweb genderfriend" argument.

So it works so as long as nobody courts you.

Imo, friendship is all you need on the Internet, in the absence of any jealousy (assuming you never met in real life).
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. But then again, the same can be said for normal relationships, so there's little difference.

It's going to depend on trust, honesty and communication. Get prepared for it. If he's going to be 400 mile away, how are you going to keep in touch? What deals can you do to enable you to talk cheaply, or free? If you both have laptops, or pc's, you can get on Skype and talk for free. So that would be handy for you. Make sure you can both text as much as you want to. And have a focus. Something you're both working towards, it makes it easy.

Try and meet as often as you can. And look forward to those dates. Write each other emails, letters and anything that keeps the communication going.

Jealousy is the killer, usually, so you need to be prepared that he's going to meet new people, and make new friends. He will be hanging out with new fellow students, and some of them might be female, but it doesn't mean he's cheating on you.

If you're both committed to it, then it will work
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]

tinhead wrote:

Will he be coming back regulary?

Sorry, didnt really add much information here..

Well he'll be back at Christmas time/New Year.
      I'll be going down for our 1 year anniversary at October Break.
      It will be just at like, holiday time that i wil be able to see him cause we have to get the 14 hour ferry then bus for 3 hours. So i don't know what you mean by regularly. Its not like it will be once a week. Every couple of months.

And its not like an online situation, he lives here, he's just moving away.
      And i might be going to University in Glasgow next year or the following year.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Neal wrote:

Yes.

However, I feel it could collapse more easily.

Imagine if a hot person courted you. And you have to make the "Sorry, I have an Intarweb genderfriend" argument.

So it works so as long as nobody courts you.

Imo, friendship is all you need on the Internet, in the absence of any jealousy (assuming you never met in real life).

But it isn't a Intarweb genderfriend. He lives here atm. Until he moves to Glasgow. We've been going out for 7 months, in real life. Not on the internet.

my girlfriend is movin to lincolnsire at the end of the summer coz her family is all there, thats a 2 and a half hour drive for me, we both intend to keep the relationship going, so im guessin thats not too far but we'll have to see, im used to seeing her every day and its gonna be hard only seeing her every other weekend, howver i have another option, she asked me to move with her but arrg, ill be leavin friends and ill have to turn down a really good job offer. tbh at the moment im thinkin of going, theres always another job and theres not another her :o