Advice Needed

• Advice Needed

I have a strange problem. I want to offer to help my friend clean up her house, but I don't want it to be taken the wrong way :o You see, I have just been to collect some money she owed me, and there was no problem, but I was quite amazed when I went in. She lives with her dad, and their cat. And I know it's not easy keeping on top of everything, especially as her dad works long hours, but they have let everything slip, and I mean badly

As you walk into the house, you sort of go into the kitchen, and they have the cat food and litter tray on the DINING TABLE. On the far right side. They eat on the left side. I mean, surely that can't be hygenic. Then, there's cat food all over the floor, and they are useless as doing dishes, and they build up, today they were towering out of the sink.

She wanted to show me her new bed, which is nice, but there is so much rubbish in her bedroom, you can hardly walk around it. I counted about 10 mugs, 10 glasses, goodness knows how many plates, some with green fur mould bits of old food on, on the floor and on the windowsill. Clothes everywhere.

I didn't see her dad's room, but I saw through the crack in the door and it looked just as bad.

I thought I could help them maybe get on top of it, a big clean one weekend. Or do you think they'd just go back to how they are now? I don't want to sound like I am being judgemental, I just am worried about their health and the cat's health, but if I offer, could it be taken the wrong way?

I need some advice :)
      [SIZE=2]Aaron - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Support Leader[/SIZE] :kiss:
      [LEFT]
      [RIGHT]-

Saradactyl;2086538 wrote:

Haha, Aaron. I wuv youuuu.
      [/RIGHT]
      [/LEFT]
    • Re: Advice Needed

Well as above but you know her better than any of us and if you think she'll be upset theres a few tactful ways you could go about it, you could suggest a clear out of things she could sell etc make out you saw on some programme how people have several hundred pounds worth of stuff they dont use (I saw it on a programme hehe) Or suggest she redecorates to go with the new bed or something and you'll help. That way you can sneakily tidy up around her. theres loads of excuses when you think about it, I had to do it to my aunt lol love her but her house used to be awful. My mum and me used to offer to babysit just so we could tidy n clean the place while she was out lmao
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Advice Needed

Well by the way you are describing her she's one of your best friends. If you do indeed offer to help, she would most likely accept the help. I highly doubt that she would be judgemental of this. Do it if you honestly want to help pitch in a lot, nothing will go wrong. It is completly understandable that your worried about her families health.