Families..are they all like this..

• Families..are they all like this..

I dont know if this is just me and my family, or all families in general. Someone help me out. So in my family, i only consider it as me and parent's. I do have aunt's, uncle's, cousin's.. etc.. etc... But the main thing is, how they arent really 'family'. Yes all my uncle and aunts are blood related to mom on her side of the family, and to my dad on his side. But what kills is me is how all my aunt's, my uncles, and my parents all gossip about each other and constantly talk behind each other's bacc.

Its like on some day's i see my mom gossiping on the phone about one of my aunt's, just to hang up..then call the aunt she was just gossiping about and talk shit about the one she was just on the phone with.(I know its confusing, but read it over and try to bare with me.)

I also know all my aunts and uncles in addition to gossiping and talking behind each other's bacc's.. they also gossip and talk behind my parents bacc's with each other. The worst part is how they smile and look friendly and put on a nice act just after they finished gossiping about the same person.

Its like whenever i do something wrong, if i get fired from a job, get arrested, get suspended from school etc.. etc.. Its like my parents first course of action is making sure the rest of the family doesnt find out.

Most of the time, my uncles and aunts will call our house bragging about their kids. its usually about how their kids get great grades, or how they got a scholorship, sometimes about sport's. My parents either have to lie or change the subject. Afterward's they yell at me and compare me to every cousin i have, then worst of all compare me to my sisters.

The real part that kills me though, is how this isnt a family. Its just a group of blood related people who have family gatherings just so they can gossip about each other. They act very nice and friendly to each other, but the second the door shuts they are always talking about somebody.

Im starting to think the reason im kind amessed up is because of this shitty family and how none of my extended family ever gave me support, or how i could never go to them for love, or help or advice...because they would just pretend to listen and tell someone the second i leave....
    • Re: Families..are they all like this..

Not all families are like that, at least I don't think. My family is too though. You're not your sisters, and you're not your cousins. You're you, and you're doing whatever you can to be where you want to be. It's not realy a family when all they did is smile pretty and talk shit...Just a group of people. The only way I got over that was creating a family for myself out of my friends.
      If you wanna talk, message me. I know where you're coming from and it's a Hell hole.
      XOXO
      [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Mine is the completely opposite, almost.

When I do something wrong my mom makes a point to blow it way out of proportion and to tell everyone in the fucking family. I hate it, because everyone sees me as this perfect kid, that does nothing wrong, gets good grades, blah blah blah.

But Im not, I have never been that kid and never will.

Im 17 and my aunts and uncles still wont cuss in front of me.
      They are like "oops, sorry sweetie I forgot you were in the room."

I wonder what they would do if they found out I say fuck on a regular basis.

I can relate to everything you said, basically.

I have a pretty huge family. I have about 29 cousins and it's fucking crazy. There is so much drama between one family and they bring it to the table everytime we see them. And it's sad, really.

Like one cousin will talk about the other all rude and then call that cousin up and act so sweet like they didn't say shit. It really pisses me off but I'm told to keep my mouth shut about it all. Sometimes I get angry and just tell them all off.

About the bragging, yes I deal with that. It's like the other kid is better and someone else does the same thing they do. I completely understand.

Haha, this is perfect for this thread. My mom just frickin GROUNDED me for having bigger boobs than her.
      'You're a fucking anorexic Kat, or you're supossed to be. Why are you wasting all my fucking money on therapy when you obviously need it for clothes since you're gaining weight and none of your old clothes are gonna fit anymore.'
      Now she's going to go and tell my therapist how hard she's working to make me feel better about myself and my body. I hope she's chokes on her words.
      XOXO
      [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

I hate how they think they know everything about you.

"You, you would never cut. I just don't think of you as the cutting person. You have a good life. A roof that keeps out the rain when it storms. Food in your belly to keep you alive. And it just surprises me."
      "Maybe because you don't know yourself less than you know me"

Criminal Mastermind wrote:

The real part that kills me though, is how this isnt a family. Its just a group of blood related people who have family gatherings just so they can gossip about each other. They act very nice and friendly to each other, but the second the door shuts they are always talking about somebody.

That's life. From Middle School until death.

notice that now and you'll be a lot better off.

Kenna&Katherine wrote:

I honestly didn't mean that in a bad way, I'm having issues with my Dad's side of the family.

I just realized today that really, someone's going to hate you no matter what. Why try to impress everyone when it won't work either way.

Morbid.

But ah, ain't it true.
      [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Back me down from backing up
      Hold your breath, now, it's s t a c k i n g up!
      Etched with marks, but I can deal
      And you're the p r o b l e m, and you can't feel.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

a lot of families bitch, but if they didnt, they wouldnt be families.

there are so many family secrets i want to find out just so i can understand why people dont talk to each other or see each other. the secrets i know are horrible and disgusting and make me sick, but the rest cant be as bad. its just that theyre to do with the oldest generation, so its gonna take a lot of coercing.

Alot of my friend's families are like that. They think my family are weird, well my dads side anyway but as my mums side lives in another country and i never see them i don't count them(my mum isnt counted either shes a whore). We all always get along and no matter how bad something is that happens, everyone will go round to support them. Overall theres only 10 of us me, dad, sister, aunty, 2 uncles, 2 cousins, nan & grandad so that might have something to do with it. But if anything happens everyones support is there. Even if my mum and sister are total cows who don't deserve it (im not bitching i tell them) they get support and theres no secrets at all I'd hate it any other way but i'm told most families ain't like mine.
      Much love.
      Xxx.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]