4.0 scale

• Re: 4.0 scale

Advanced placement classes. I don't know if it's at all schools, but AP classes are weighted for a semester.
      Okay, I had AP World Civ all year. 1st semester I got an 88%. 2nd semester I got a 93%. The 2nd semester grade is weighted, which means I really got a 103%. Some people do incredibly well in AP classes, so go figure.
      :p

Also, not all schools go by the 4.0 grade scale.
      [CENTER][CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by asin ().

asin wrote:

Advanced placement classes. I don't know if it's at all schools, but AP classes are weighted for a semester.

^^Very true.

It's impossible to receive more than a 4.0 on an unweighted GPA, but when your talking about a weighted GPA, the harder the class, the more it's worth towards your GPA. Honors, AP, International Baccalaureate, etc. all contribute to a 4.0+ GPA.
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

Yea, the classes are weighted. When I was in high school, regents classes were weighted %.03, honors were %.04, most APs were %.06 and BC Calc was %.08.
      So potentially, the highest grade one could earn was a 108.

I've had a few 101s, a couple 102s and a 103. But the 103 was for the first semester, I barely passed the 2nd semester with a 67.... what a difference.
      :o
      11/4/08 - National Epic Fail Day

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]