Red hair dye

• Red hair dye

Hey guys!

I really want to dye my hair a deep red colour. Decided to have a go at dying it today; bought myself 'Garnier Nutrisse Cream-Deep Red'. However, my hair isn't red at all! It's just an even darker brown than usual.

This is the kind've colour I'm aiming for, possibly slightly darker..
      My friends have recommended using Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL but I think that's just too bright; I don't want it ending up pink! I've tried various cheap red hair dyes years ago and was never happy with the result. I can't afford to get my hair done at the hairdressers either. I'm planning on taking a trip to 'Sally's' to get some advice and maybe choose a coloured dye from there. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

:)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]YOU just squeezed the cream out my face
    • Re: Red hair dye

Feria. Clairol Herbal Esseances. You could even try special effects dyes. Like the kind they make blue and pinks out of but just in red. I have Splat rebellious colors in Luscious Raspberries. Comes with bleach but you dont have to use it. Its deff red too.

this is the splat
      images.buzzillions.com/images_…it_reviews_576737_raw.jpg
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      “Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.”

Honestly schwarzkopf live products are excellent for box dyes. If your hair is dark brown it should turn out as close to that shade in your picture as possible. It will NOT turn pink. I could swear by these guys.
      The only way you will stand the risk of going lighter than that picture is if you bleached your hair and put in a vibrant semi permanent colour. :)

Honestly schwarzkopf live products are excellent for box dyes. If your hair is dark brown it should turn out as close to that shade in your picture as possible. It will NOT turn pink. I could swear by these guys.
      The only way you will stand the risk of going lighter than that picture is if you bleached your hair and put in a vibrant semi permanent colour. :)

edit: If you go to sally's you'll end up paying through your nose for a colourant. But on the other hand they do give good advice and hopefully they would be so kind to tell you about products outside their shop aswell.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lelouch ().

Lelouch wrote:

edit: If you go to sally's you'll end up paying through your nose for a colourant. But on the other hand they do give good advice and hopefully they would be so kind to tell you about products outside their shop aswell.

Thanks for the advice! I went to Sally's yesterday; I've ended up buying £15 of stuff that I actually have no idea how to use.. =S The girl working there had no clue what she was talking about, I don't know why I trusted her! I've bought some bottles and a tube- the girl said I had to mix them. She then began talking about percentages of peroxide and stuff..that confused me! My mum's been dying her hair since she was young so when she get's back from Paris I'll ask for her help!
      I may just end up buying some Schwarzkopf Live stuff instead! :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]YOU just squeezed the cream out my face