Would you class this as a performance piece?

• Would you class this as a performance piece?

Do you believe that the 9/11 attacks could be classed as a piece of Theatre? 0
        Yes, I believe the 9/11 attacks could be classed as a peformance piece (0) 0%
        No, I don't believe the 9/11 attacks could be classed as a performance piece (0) 0%
        I am offended by the fact that you would call the death of thousands of people a performance (0) 0%
      In keeping with Theatre stuff and looking into what a performance is and what people think one is, I ask you this question.

In your opinion could the terrorist attacks that took place on the 11th of September 2001 be classed as a Performance piece?

If you could vote in the poll and leave your reasons for choosing that answer in the thread it would be most useful. I plan to write an essay to do with this idea of violence being a performance and to give you a heads up I will be arguing that the terrorist attacks do class as a performance piece.

There are several things which I feel show this:

• The actions held a message, portrayed an opinion and effected our view on life
      • There was an audience. Many of the audience was involved in the attacks all of whom did so against their free will. Certain theatrical performances i.e Panto, focus on making the audience feel uncomfortable and force them to join in.
      • There was a setting. This was a site specific performance; spread across several positions.