--- Guide for girls on what to wear to impress a boy ---

• Re: --- Guide for girls on what to wear to impress a boy ---

Arthur wrote:

Hahaha, dude this thread is sooo misleading, the title being "Guide for girls on what to wear to impress a boy"

More like " What to wear to impress me"

Alot of these factors are specific to each individual, youve merely listed what you would like.

Exactly. This thread is a giant load of selfish bollocks in all fairness...

Giggity wrote:

And you must be a really picky boy. Who the fuck cares if she is wearing a scarf? If she is interested in me, that's all I need to know. I really couldn't give a shit what she looked like, or wore.

I like this. :)

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

Every guy is different.

/useless thread

~Maggot

^ I agree w/ this.

Ipawnu wrote:

This is a terrible community, all you get is a bunch of spamming people.

And umm, no.
      It's not.

People just disagree with what you said.
      I think it's dumb (and wrong) that if I want guys to like me I need to wear skirts and skinny jeans, no long sleeve shirts, no AFFORDABLE t-shirts, etc. And I have to wear heels 24/7?! That's ridiculous. And untrue.

If someone's really THAT picky and shallow, i wouldn't date them anyways.
      :o

Ipawnu wrote:

Well, this is a guide for girls on what to wear to impress a boy. If I need to add anything, just post a reply and I'll review that piece of clothing. If it is a pecific piece of clothing/or an outfit, I will review it as well and post it.

Also: THIS IS WHAT I THINK, DO NOT FLAME ME FOR WHAT I THINK

Hats?

Mostly No - It is pretty simple, no hats unless you can pull off the ganster-hat look.

If I forget anything, please post.

Anything here is subject to change.

I am just wondering whether I can get away with it.... The hat I mean!! :)

Did your dad never teach you that your not allowed to have the slightest clue what looks good. This is how the world of male fashion work's:

1) you ask a girl what would look good on you, but only if you care, if not, then whatever is comfortable, option b is 100x more manly.

2) you cant possibly know why girls look good and what makes them look better, all you should know is whether they look good or not overall.

nah you reli wana just wear what ever your comfortable in, so you can be yourself,
      lads likes girls who are different, so dont be a sheep and dress because this may impress lads because some one who reli likes you will like you no matter what you wear
      you walk away, when i need you to stay.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girls, the poster of this article appears to be shallow and superficial thinking that when "getting guys" fashion is the most important thing (HINT: It isn't). It's all his personal opinion. I disagreed with at least 75% of what he wrote. There is no set of rules that will impress a guy. Every guy's perception of what makes a girl pretty is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. This post is propaganda. Let me show you how different perspectives of different guys can be from another guy's perspective.

Hats?

Mostly No - It is pretty simple, no hats unless you can pull off the ganster-hat look.
      Wrong. Unless you're a wanna-be rapper or have a Jessica Alba fetish, most guys hate gangster-style girls. Girls look great with trucker-hats paired with a unique hair style, braids, and unique clothing. Berets (those French-style hats) can also foster a unique bohemian look. Stay away from wide-brimmed hats that conceal your facial features.

Ear-rings?

Yes/No - Well, if you are under the age of 20, do not wear big fat ear rings or the loopy ear rings. The only ear rings that look good to boys are the little ones.
      Younger guys prefer studs, small rings, and bars. The big loopy thing is more popular with mature women, unless you want to look mature. So I agree with this.

Scarfs?

No - Never, under ANY circumstance wear a scarf.
      Wrong. Scarves can be awesome and add an unexpected flourish to an outfit. Prep-style-girls make these look pretty great in winter, and I've seen bohemian/hippie/rocker chicks make these look awesome too. Not limited to one fashion trend. Do not wear a scarf unless you're thin though or it will probably make you look thicker by obscuring your neck.

Glasses?

Yes/No - These are kind of a toss-up, I prefer contacts along with most boys, but it really doesn't make a difference.
      The sexy nerd and hot academic look will always tantalize men. We applaud girls who aren't afraid to wear glasses and give off that "I don't give a fuck" mentality. It shows us they are confident enough in their self image that wearing glasses doesn't detract, but rather compliments their look. Plus it makes a girl look smart too, which, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, is still a plus for guys, even in today's society where stupidity is commonly championed.

Un-Strapped Shirts?

Yes/No - It get really annoying to watch a girl keep pulling up there shirt every minute because the shirt is made to NOT fall down. But, if you don't pull up your shirt every minute, I think they look really nice.
      Most guys aren't really a fan of these. It looks to us like you've just got a big bandage wrapped around your torso.

Strapped Sleeveless shirt?

YES! - Ok, if you really want to impress a boy, this is the way to go! the shirt doesn't have to "expose" you, I just find these so attractive. If A girl walks up to me with a strapped sleeveless shirt, I will be all over her.
      These are awesome, especially with a t-shirt or blouse underneath the strapless. Guys like layers because it reflects the fact that there are also layers of your personality, and of course, when it comes time to have sex, it's fun to unwrap you like a present and work through the layers slowly.

Long-Sleeve Shirt?
      No - I do not like long-sleeve shirts. It looks much better if you wear a blouse with a shirt underneith it.
      Notice the "I do not like" preface, thus validating my earlier statement that this entire article is the OP's personal opinion. Furthermore, I disagree. Long-sleeved shirts can make girls look elegant, demure and refined. In the autumn or winter, turtlenecks with vests can look sexy for the more conservative dresser. Punk/rock girls always manage to pull off long-sleeved shirts without a hitch. You can also consider wearing a short-sleeved shirt over a long-sleeved shirt to create an interesting layered effect.

Blouse?
      Yes - This is yet, another shirt-type I adore. When I say blouse, I mean a blouse with a shirt underneith. When I say a shirt underneith, I mean one of those blouses that covers your arms and is like a long sleeve shirt, accept the chest area and sometimes middle/belly is exposed, so you wear a normal t-shirt/sleeveless strapped t-shirt to cover it up.
      If this segment was posted in English I might be able to respond to it. OP comes from a planet where spelling and grammar are non-existent.

T-Shirt?
      Yes/No - Girls can only pull off the t-shirt look, if they can afford clothing like Ambercrombie, American Eagle, Holister, and ext..
      Oh man did I laugh at this. The Abercrombie Era ended about 5-10 years ago and has steadily declined since then. The "prep" look has fallen from grace and among many is no longer to be consider kitsch. Girls of any fashion sense can enjoy t-shirts because it reflects the fact that they are comfortable. This effusive level of comfort makes guys in turn feel comfortable. We love girls that make us feel relaxed, and dressing up in a t-shirt does exactly that. While it may not be the thing to wear to a party or a club, wearing it around the house/apartment/dorm will never turn a guy off.

Belts?
      NO! - I never like to see a belt on a girl, and I hate the shirts with the belt on them. Please, no big clunky belts. Belts are for boys(even if they are pink =D).
      I like seeing belts on girls but only if they are the kind you see the punk/emo/rock type of girl wearing (i.e. studded belts, leather, black/white checkerboard, etc). Those absurdly thick belts, the belts with lots of jewels that make you look 8 years old or 80 years old, those belt-shirt combos--all turn-offs like the OP wrote. Stay away from obtrusive belts.

Jeans?
      Yes - You can never go wrong with jeans. But only skinny jeans, I hate it when girls try to wear baggy jeans, they are for boys only.
      No argument here. Guys especially love girls with ripped jeans. Common techniques are the zigzag rips down the whole pair of jeans, large tears in the knees, hand-sewn patches, or if you're bold, tears along the ass of the jeans that offers a peek at something underneath.

Jean skirt?
      Yes/No - This is very contreversial, I personnally prefer no jean skirt because I just don't like them.
      Not really a fan of these either unless you're wearing something beneath the skirt, i.e. tights or another pair of tight fitting pants of some kind.

Short Jean shorts?

YES! - YES, YES, and YES! I guarentee, this is what to wear to impress a boy. All boys love girls in jean shorts. You can NEVER go long with them. Accept if you wear them down to your knees, then you don't look so good :(.
      Since the dawn of denim guys have loved cut-off jeans. But make sure they dont go any lower than the middle of your thighs. Your legs are one of your best features.

Yoga's? (he means tights/spandex)
      YES! - Another YES, YES, and YES! You can never go wrong with Yoga's! When I say Yoga's, I mean the tight black elasticish pants. Boys love these too.
      Only good if coupled with something else, i.e. a skirt, cut-off jeans, shorts, etc. By themselves absolutely hideous.

Tube Socks)?

NEVER - Never wear those long colorful socks. They look ugly as shit. I'm sorry, but it is true.
      Op should be sorry, because it's not true. There are few guys who find thigh-highs and kneesocks distasteful, ESPECIALLY when you're wearing high-cut shirts, a mini-skirt, or something that shows the tops of your thighs. It's absolutely tantalizing.

Tennis Shoes?

No - No tennis shoes, no matter how compfortable they are. NEVER.
      I agree. Gross.

Sandels?

Yes/No - No to sandels that do not have toe piece between big toe. If it has a divider thing between the big toe, then yes, love the sandels then!
      Unless the guy has a foot fetish, he probably wont be staring at your feet for any length of time. Sandals of any kind are totally acceptable.

High-Heels?

Yes - Yes to these, but don't over do this. A little heel is fine but like a 6 inch heel is not..

Personally I really don't like them. But that's just my opinion. If you're going to wear heels, make sure it doesn't make you look too tall; guys prefer girls shorter than them otherwise it feels intimidating. Try to keep the heels not very flashy; golden or shimmering heels are an eyesore to many guys.

Also, OP didn't mention them, but sneakers on a girl is totally awesome.

What you should have learned here is that every guy's opinion is completely different and there is no set of rules you should follow. Be confident in yourself and wear what you think looks good, not what you think someone else will like. This way, when someone does like what you're wearing, you'll find yourself with someone who appreciates your sense of style as much as you do. Be true to yourself. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable with your body image and the hell with whatever anybody else thinks. You may ask what kind of clothes your boyfriend/girlfriend likes the most on you and surprise them by wearing their favorite articles of clothing periodically, but don't be a slave to fashion. Clothes don't make a woman, a woman makes the clothes.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.