What is an ideal job?

• What is an ideal job?

Since I went for an interview yesterday, I would like to bring up this question:

What do you think is an ideal job in the current economic situation? "ideal" in terms of career prospects, job satisfactions, level of income, or to gain popularity ...

Do you mind sharing a bit of how you want to start your working life or how you expect your first employer to be like?
    • Re: What is an ideal job?

Erm... My ideal job transcends the first, third and fourth factors you stipulated. As long as I'm satisfied with what I'm doing, I'll consider my job ideal, or at least not worth leaving any time soon.

I'd like to share a bit on my expectations and wants for getting into work, but I think if I wrote them down it would feel too much like a pipe dream to me, so I'll sit quiet.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

An ideal job is something you enjoy doing. You could be getting paid £350 a week for a job you destest, whereas you could be getting paid about £250 a week doing something you love. I know which one I'd prefer. :)

Enjoying your job is the hardest part about starting a career. Because to enjoy your career, you have to be a 100% sure it's what you want to do. Sat doing a 9-5 job that you don't like, isn't an ideal career. Of course there is always going to be something you have to do in your job that you don't paticulary enjoy, but that's life.

For example, I work in the NHS in the Administration part. I love it. Do I have parts that I don't particulary enjoy doing? Of course I do, but the good out-weighs the bad! Just remember, money is important, because It's needed in order to survive, but it's not everything. Like I said before, earning £100 less a week for something I enjoy doing when compared to something I would hate - I wouldn't mind.

I agree - if I am able to enjoy what I do for a living, then that would be totally ideal for me. I want to be passionate in what I do .. and if I am, then I don't think I would mind how much I am making. Because optimistically thinking, if I love my job, I will succeed in what I do, thus making more money :x

An ideal job is always going to be something you enjoy doing, because if you enjoy what you're doing you will do your very best at it. However, due to poor economics the ideal job for anyone would be to have a job period. Any job that pays decent giving you the ability to pay your bills is a winner at this point. If there is anyone here that is looking for a regarding job that pays weekly let me know. I'm looking to hire a minimum of 16 individuals across the US. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who likes going to social gatherings, malls, football games, etc. Get paid while you're having a good time!!! You can contact me at Y messenger jobsnow81