My head is in an odd place right now.

• My head is in an odd place right now.

I really dont get what is going on with me at the moment, every time i see a pregnant woman on the street i get all jealous, my hand falls to my uterus and i feel empty. I am only 18 still at college and I plan on going to London for the next 2 years to do an amazing course, which will lead to a career that i will not be able to have with a child, i will barely be able to support myself never mind a baby but somehow i feel desperate.
      I thought it was under control and i could handle it, but then this weekend every time i slept with my boyfriend I was praying that by some strange coincidence both the condom and the pill would fail and he would impregnate me.
      My logic and common sense tells me i do NOT want a baby, but every other part of me feels like i need one.
      I do not understand it, on saturday my bf and i watched "knocked up" before we went to bed, i went all gushy and was like, "ahh films like this make me wanna have a baby", his response was "errr Han no thank you not for at least another 5 or 6 years thank you very much." (he is also 4 years older than me) It was a totally rational response but as soon as we were in bed and the lights were out i started crying.
      Is it just me going crazy or do other girls feel like this also? If so how do you make it stop??
    • Re: My head is in an odd place right now.

Sometimes we go through phases, you know, where we want something terribly or yurn to be someone different. And plans change as well. You're 18 - which is young - you may think you have your life planned out but it's really all smoke and mirrors when it comes to the future.

My mom swore she'd never have children, she thought they were disgusting, she wanted to be a model. But then my brother happened and she fell in love with him.

So really, I know you're absolutely set on your future but right now you can't really be sure. You might be going through a phase or a point in your life where your future plans will be rearranged.
      [CENTER]
      [09:55] Arthur.: Hehehe, well im not gonna pretend i didnt miss you, i was starting to cry.... y'know, being apat for so long
      [/CENTER]

I went through a big 'I want a baby' phase. Like, everything made me want to have a baby. 4 of the girls I worked with were pregnant, and I really envied them. It took me a couple months, and I thought everything out, and decided now just isnt the time for me. It will pass, don't worry.

You are not alone.
      I have been feeling the same way myself recently. I am only nineteen and not even out of high school yet.. but all the same I still want a baby.
      Just tell yourself it would be better for you right now if you did not get pregnant. Think of how complicated your life would be if you became pregnant and had a baby.

well i am almost 17 and i want to become a father badly but not right now.I already have chosen names for them and i want the 1st one to be a male!
      I live in greece (i am half greek half italian) and everyone in my school thinks i am crazy cause i know what i want to do with my life!

Ignore it. It'll pass. Even if your desire for a baby never passes, you don't wanna have that kid at 18. The kids always end up fucked up because of a bad childhood, due to a mother that didn't really want him. For your potential childs sake, at the very least, don't have him yet. You will regret it, and so will he.

mynameisHANNAH wrote:

I really dont get what is going on with me at the moment, every time i see a pregnant woman on the street i get all jealous, my hand falls to my uterus and i feel empty. I am only 18 still at college and I plan on going to London for the next 2 years to do an amazing course, which will lead to a career that i will not be able to have with a child, i will barely be able to support myself never mind a baby but somehow i feel desperate.
      I thought it was under control and i could handle it, but then this weekend every time i slept with my boyfriend I was praying that by some strange coincidence both the condom and the pill would fail and he would impregnate me.
      My logic and common sense tells me i do NOT want a baby, but every other part of me feels like i need one.
      I do not understand it, on saturday my bf and i watched "knocked up" before we went to bed, i went all gushy and was like, "ahh films like this make me wanna have a baby", his response was "errr Han no thank you not for at least another 5 or 6 years thank you very much." (he is also 4 years older than me) It was a totally rational response but as soon as we were in bed and the lights were out i started crying.
      Is it just me going crazy or do other girls feel like this also? If so how do you make it stop??

Dont Worry about it I am 14 and I feel the same. Its werid and crazy, but I guess you cant stop it until you have a kid for your self
      ....x