Abortion: let's get a real debate going

• Re: Abortion: let's get a real debate going

I'm so torn on this...
      God says that abortion is wrong, at least that what I believe. It is stated in my religion that abortion is the destruction of a human life and is strictly forbidden.
      So if I was faced with the decision of whether or not I was to get an abortion I would not.
      So I guess that means I'm pro-choice. ?
      I'm still not firm in my decision but, If abortions were made illegal, then that would cause back alley abortions, and women doing dangerous things to their body to get rid of their baby...:confused:
      [SIZE=2]“We, verily, have made music as a ladder for your souls…” –Abdu’l-Baha[/SIZE]

Good thing its legal, or else the number of deaths due to unsafe abortions would be higher than the number of anti-abortionists it takes to change a light bulb.
      Unfortunately my producer Azamat Bagatov could not make entry to your country because of sex crime problem. But it has been resolved now, because the horse was above the age of consent.

I think it depends on the situation. If the baby was a poor choice on the parents part, then they need to do their best to raise it as well as they can.

If it was due to rape or such, then I think the woman should have the choice.

Either way, its sticky subject (no pun intended).

LOLFag wrote:

Very correct. Except fetuses aren't human beings.

Human being implies organism. Organism implies capable of homeostasis. Homeostasis implies individual survival. Remove the fetus from the mother, and it dies. It needs the mother for survival. It's part of the mother. It's not a human being.

Depending on the situation abortion is ok. And a fetus is an organism, look up the definition of what an organism is. Better yet I'll give to you.

or·gan·ism (ôrg-nzm)
      n.
      1. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus; a body made up of organs, organelles, or other parts that work together to carry on the various processes of life.
      2. A system regarded as analogous in its structure or functions to a living body: the social organism.

organism [ˈɔːgəˌnɪzəm]
      n
      1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) any living biological entity, such as an animal, plant, fungus, or bacterium
      2. anything resembling a living creature in structure, behaviour, etc.
      organismal , organismic adj
      organismally adv

organism (ôrg-nzm)
      An individual form of life that is capable of growing, metabolizing nutrients, and usually reproducing. Organisms can be unicellular or multicellular. They are scientifically divided into five different groups (called kingdoms) that include prokaryotes, protists, fungi, plants, and animals, and that are further subdivided based on common ancestry and homology of anatomic and molecular structures.

organism
      any animal or plant.

any living thing or anything that resembles a living thing in complexity of structure or function.

Noun 1. organism - a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
      being
      animate thing, living thing - a living (or once living) entity
      benthos - organisms (plants and animals) that live at or near the bottom of a sea
      dwarf - a plant or animal that is atypically small
      heterotroph - an organism that depends on complex organic substances for nutrition
      parent - an organism (plant or animal) from which younger ones are obtained
      cell - (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms; they may exist as independent units of life (as in monads) or may form colonies or tissues as in higher plants and animals
      individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
      animal, animate being, beast, creature, fauna, brute - a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
      plant life, flora, plant - (botany) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
      native - indigenous plants and animals
      recombinant - a cell or organism in which genetic recombination has occurred
      conspecific - an organism belonging to the same species as another organism
      carrier - (genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring
      denizen - a plant or animal naturalized in a region; "denizens of field and forest"; "denizens of the deep"
      amphidiploid - (genetics) an organism or cell having a diploid set of chromosomes from each parent
      diploid - (genetics) an organism or cell having the normal amount of DNA per cell; i.e., two sets of chromosomes or twice the haploid number
      haploid - (genetics) an organism or cell having only one complete set of chromosomes
      heteroploid - (genetics) an organism or cell having a chromosome number that is not an even multiple of the haploid chromosome number for that species
      polyploid - (genetics) an organism or cell having more than twice the haploid number of chromosomes
      animalcule, animalculum - microscopic organism such as an amoeba or paramecium
      micro-organism, microorganism - any organism of microscopic size
      aerobe - an organism (especially a bacterium) that requires air or free oxygen for life
      anaerobe - an organism (especially a bacterium) that does not require air or free oxygen to live
      crossbreed, hybrid, cross - (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species; "a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
      polymorph - an organism that can assume more than one adult form as in the castes of ants or termites
      congenator, congeneric, relative, congener - an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus)
      plankton - the aggregate of small plant and animal organisms that float or drift in great numbers in fresh or salt water
      nekton - the aggregate of actively swimming animals in a body of water ranging from microscopic organisms to whales
      parasite - an animal or plant that lives in or on a host (another animal or plant); it obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host
      host - an animal or plant that nourishes and supports a parasite; it does not benefit and is often harmed by the association
      commensal - either of two different animal or plant species living in close association but not interdependent
      myrmecophile - an organism such as an insect that habitually shares the nest of a species of ant
      eucaryote, eukaryote - an organism with cells characteristic of all life forms except primitive microorganisms such as bacteria; i.e. an organism with `good' or membrane-bound nuclei in its cells
      procaryote, prokaryote - a unicellular organism having cells lacking membrane-bound nuclei; bacteria are the prime example but also included are blue-green algae and actinomycetes and mycoplasma
      zooid - one of the distinct individuals forming a colonial animal such as a bryozoan or hydrozoan
      body part - any part of an organism such as an organ or extremity
      tissue - part of an organism consisting of an aggregate of cells having a similar structure and function
      2. organism - a system considered analogous in structure or function to a living body; "the social organism"

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Need I say more?
      This was taken from an online dictionary.
      Check out my Album.
      :)Max:)

max123987 wrote:

lots of things stating and restating the same basic idea

Keep in mind that almost every definition has one key word: individual.

Biologically, an individual organism has to be capable of individual survival. It has to be able to survive in an environment through homeostasis.

A fetus cannot. Remove it from the mother, and it's dead. Many people claim, oh but PARASITES are the same. Well, no, because a parasite can leech off different, individual hosts. A fetus, once removed from the mother, is dead. That's it.

A fetus does not have independent, individual life.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

DamnImGood wrote:

Yeah, you do, because all you did was just copy and paste a bunch of shit you don't understand.

Actually I understand every part of what I posted. I take advanced biology. Farther more my mom is a doctor ( has her PhD) why the hell do you think I'm home-schooled instead of in a shitty public school? And to go passed that her sister is a biologist. I listen to both of them and I perfectly understand what I posted. So you don't really have any reason to say that I don't understand it.
      Check out my Album.
      :)Max:)

max123987 wrote:

Actually I understand every part of what I posted. I take advanced biology. Farther more my mom is a doctor ( has her PhD) why the hell do you think I'm home-schooled instead of in a shitty public school? And to go passed that her sister is a biologist. I listen to both of them and I perfectly understand what I posted. So you don't really have any reason to say that I don't understand it.
      And yet you don't know the difference between "farther" and "further"? Yeah, you sound damn educated. :rolleyes:

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

terriandrea wrote:

So, what are everyones views on it? Because this is a topic I have a strong view on. I'm not a racist, or a atheist, or a theist, agnostic, communists, none of those things. I believe I am my own person, and I go by my own beliefs and teachings. So I'd love somone to try and convince me that Abortion is 'wrong'. Because fact is, it is not. I believe Abortion is probably one of the best technologys man kind has created. And God, or what I believe to be God, the Universe's energy source, has given us this gift. So,, why are people against it? What's your view if you are against it? I'm open to anyones opinion...So hit me with it :)

I mean, I'm against abortion yet if someone were to be raped or had a really bad relationship (i.e. beaten by boyfriend, abused, etc.) I won't say it was all right but I would respect them for their choice because I would probably do the same thing if I were in their shoes. This topic, for me, gets complicated P:
      [LEFT][SIZE=1]Everyone is arrogant, everyone has lows, everyone has highs, everyone lies, cries, laughs, smiles, is a hypocrite, etc and overall we all have some emotional thing in our life that cripples our mentality....But at the end of the day we look in our mirror, take a deep breath and...We move on with such burdens.[/SIZE]
      [/LEFT]

Emma1 wrote:

I do not agree with abortion, unless of course it was rape...but that is my opinion of it

I agree. Or if giving birth would put the mother's life in danger either- if the situation were either the baby dies or the mom does, then abortions are okay too.
      "Don't let what you can't do, stop you from doing what you can do.

abortion is a wrong choice to make. the only time that I will ever agree with abortion is when it is rape or like the person above me said when it puts the mothers life at risk..but if your a stupid teenager having sex with your boyfriend because "you're in love" then I think the girl should own up to her mistakes and have the child..no child should suffer because of her mother making wrong decisions..

although, I have known girls who have been raped and they ha the kid and they live a happy and full life at the moment..so it definitely depends on who the girl is, as to whether she should keep the kid or abort it.cuz there is always adoption..so as you can see my mind has mixed views on the matter..

but when it comes down to it abortion is ethically wrong and should try to be avoided.

southernchick wrote:

abortion is a wrong choice to make. the only time that I will ever agree with abortion is when it is rape or like the person above me said when it puts the mothers life at risk..but if your a stupid teenager having sex with your boyfriend because "you're in love" then I think the girl should own up to her mistakes and have the child..no child should suffer because of her mother making wrong decisions..
      1) The child wouldn't suffer if aborted. That's half the point.
      2) The child very well may suffer if raised by two idiot teenagers or if give up for adoption.

In fact, if you're concerned with the suffering of the child, abortion is unequivocally the way to go.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]