Abortion: let's get a real debate going

• Re: Abortion: let's get a real debate going

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

1) The child wouldn't suffer if aborted. That's half the point.
      2) The child very well may suffer if raised by two idiot teenagers or if give up for adoption.

In fact, if you're concerned with the suffering of the child, abortion is unequivocally the way to go.

~Maggot

um no.not exactly.
      if a kid is aborted then he would have never even had a chance to live life..although it is not a child yet it is still a human being and shouldn't be aborted.it is murder no matter what courts may say.

and I don't consider a couple of teenagers idiotic if they have the responsibility to have the kid and they will learn from their mistakes..and some teenagers are more then capable to raise a child if they choose to..

and some adopting kids have the best lifes.although yes there is always exceptions but. many kids live happy lives in adopted families.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

ah.I just went back on what I said, kind of..

I mean that if a responsible teenage couple that wants a kid/family.then w/e.you can't change their mind..

but a chick that just wants a one night stand and shit like that then she should suffer the consequences and have the kid..maybe that clarified myself? idk.o well

i'm am aganist abortion EXCEPT when rape or incest is involved or when the mother is in danger. IF abortion were to become legal i think there should be a limit on how many fetuses (idk if thats right) could be aborted. ex: After 2 abortions you cannot have an abortion unless rape/incest/danger to the mother is involved. This would prevent women who are constanly getting knocked up from abusing the system.

hann<3 wrote:

i'm am aganist abortion EXCEPT when rape or incest is involved or when the mother is in danger. IF abortion were to become legal i think there should be a limit on how many fetuses (idk if thats right) could be aborted. ex: After 2 abortions you cannot have an abortion unless rape/incest/danger to the mother is involved. This would prevent women who are constanly getting knocked up from abusing the system.

As I understand it, abortions aren't too cheap. I mean, not exactly multi-thousand dollar procedure, but costs enough that you have to seriously consider it on the financial end. The types of women likely to abuse abortions in the manner you suggest are also likely to not make much money. that in itself, is a deterrent. Further, there is still a social stigma surrounding abortions. I mean, very few people have sex intending to get pregnant and abort. More often than not, people find it cheaper and less detrimental to their lives to abort than to take it full term and care for the baby or put it up for adoption.
      Love it when you call me Legs
      In the morning, buy me eggs

southernchick wrote:

um no.not exactly.
      if a kid is aborted then he would have never even had a chance to live life..although it is not a child yet it is still a human being and shouldn't be aborted.it is murder no matter what courts may say.
      Whatever your opinion about it being murder or whatever else, that doesn't change the fact that the "child" would never suffer if aborted. End of.

southernchick wrote:

and I don't consider a couple of teenagers idiotic if they have the responsibility to have the kid and they will learn from their mistakes..and some teenagers are more then capable to raise a child if they choose to..
      Teenagers aren't emotionally or mentally mature enough to raise children of their own 99.999999% of the time. There are a few exceptions, but they're so rare that it's just as easy to say they don't exist.

southernchick wrote:

and some adopting kids have the best lifes.although yes there is always exceptions but. many kids live happy lives in adopted families.
      That is, of course, assuming they get adopted. And then you must assume they go to good families. And then you must also assume that nothing happens that will fuck with that.

southernchick wrote:

but a chick that just wants a one night stand and shit like that then she should suffer the consequences and have the kid..maybe that clarified myself? idk.o well
      I love how the person who says the child is too valuable to abort is using it as punishment. Does it matter about its or the mother's quality of life? No. Does it matter that abortion is a serious medical procedure with serious health risks that costs a lot of money and has a huge social stigma on it, therefore probably making it more of a punishment than raising a child? No.

BECAUSE LOLZ ABORSHUN IZ MURDERZ.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

true, the child won't suffer cuz he would have never been born.BUT that child could have grown up and make a difference in someone's life. I see the teenagers being unfit to raise a child as a ridiculous thing only because I know many teenagers who have kids..and they are extremely happy.one is not and is struggling but 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
      very true.many just move from foster home to foster home and others are adopted.I say it's worth the risk to save the kid and hopefuly he will be in good hands, if not, well it's life..

don't agree at all..abortion is like erasing your mistakes.yes I realize it sounds bad saying the child is a punishment but it makes the mom(the one stupid enough to have sex) realize her mistake and take ownership of her mistake..I mean if she has sex she knows she could have a kid so she shouldn't be like o well I knew what I was doing but I don't want the kid..there is sooooooo many parents in this world that can't have kids because of infertility and things like that.and for a woman just to throw that "gift from God" in the garbage it makes me feel so bad for the opportunities the girl couldve had and the opportunities the kid could have.

southernchick wrote:

true, the child won't suffer cuz he would have never been born.BUT that child could have grown up and make a difference in someone's life. I see the teenagers being unfit to raise a child as a ridiculous thing only because I know many teenagers who have kids..and they are extremely happy.one is not and is struggling but 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
      I didn't say anything about whether they'd be happy or not. I said if they were unfit. Just because they're happy, that doesn't mean they're fit to be parents.

southernchick wrote:

very true.many just move from foster home to foster home and others are adopted.I say it's worth the risk to save the kid and hopefuly he will be in good hands, if not, well it's life..
      HAHAHA. Hypocrisy is FUNNY.

southernchick wrote:

don't agree at all..abortion is like erasing your mistakes.
      Did you completely miss the whole thing about the risks and problems regarding abortion? It's not like women just walk in and go, "Hey, I don't want this thing," and they pull it out and send her home. Just because you're brainwashed enough to think that, that doesn't mean it's true.

southernchick wrote:

yes I realize it sounds bad saying the child is a punishment but it makes the mom(the one stupid enough to have sex) realize her mistake and take ownership of her mistake..I mean if she has sex she knows she could have a kid so she shouldn't be like o well I knew what I was doing but I don't want the kid..there is sooooooo many parents in this world that can't have kids because of infertility and things like that.and for a woman just to throw that "gift from God" in the garbage it makes me feel so bad for the opportunities the girl couldve had and the opportunities the kid could have.

Wow. You know, I try not to be judgmental based on where people originate, but Jesus Christ, your username really doesn't disappoint at all.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Yes the teenagers are happy.And yes many I know are HAPPY and also are supporting the kid..so yes you are wrong about ALL teenagers being unfit..some are very capable of being a parent.

I have said nothing that proves I am a hypocrit.

Abortion is not that big of a risk.. I mean yes they can have damage and things happen but that is unlikely to happen.I'm not a dumbass brainwashed bitch that doesn't know what the fuck I'm saying..But abortion is just an escape route from your problems.IN MY OPINION!

And what the fuck, Just cuz I'm from the South doesn't mean my opinion is stupid..it's just that.my opinion. and wow.yall yankies think yall know everything when all you know is o your from the South so you are wrong..I may be some southern girl but I know a hella lot more then some dumbass cocky yankIe shit

southernchick wrote:

Yes the teenagers are happy.And yes many I know are HAPPY and also are supporting the kid..so yes you are wrong about ALL teenagers being unfit..some are very capable of being a parent.

I have said nothing that proves I am a hypocrit.

Abortion is not that big of a risk.. I mean yes they can have damage and things happen but that is unlikely to happen.I'm not a dumbass brainwashed bitch that doesn't know what the fuck I'm saying..But abortion is just an escape route from your problems.IN MY OPINION!

And what the fuck, Just cuz I'm from the South doesn't mean my opinion is stupid..it's just that.my opinion. and wow.yall yankies think yall know everything when all you know is o your from the South so you are wrong..I may be some southern girl but I know a hella lot more then some dumbass cocky yankIe shit

Actually, I was pointing out that Southerners tend to me more right-wing and religious, therefore their opinions are based more on that than anything else. And when you're talking about an issue like abortion, that's just not a very good logical basis. Especially when you're trying to debate it, and all you're spouting is "murder," "child," "baby," "gift from God," etc.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

no I'm not saying that teenagers should only have sex when they want a kid..I am saying that if the teenager is that stupid to not use protection/contraception then they know they consequences..

Laura:
      I actually feel neither one of us are right..we have our opinions but we don't have facts..noone can say taking a life is right or wrong anyways..And you should have clarified yourself more on the origin shit..

Yes I am religious. So what does that matter? o I get it. I believe it's wrong because it's in the Bible that abortion is wrong..yah, I judge my whole opinion on personal experiences not from listening to people who are determined they are right..

southernchick wrote:

um no.not exactly.

I think we have well-established that it is not a human being.
      [CENTER].::ANIME is DOPAMINE to me::.

[/CENTER]

Pro-choice.
      Because I would use contraception.
      But I also don't want kids or childbirth.
      Therefore, abortion, ftw.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

For people suggesting that abortion is only acceptable if the fetus is a result of rape, how do you intend to prove that a rape has occurred? You could easily have someone say they were raped and have a fetus aborted, or turn away someone who was raped for lack of proof.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

DamnImGood wrote:

A police report would be a pretty convincing piece of evidence. I suppose there's always the off-chance of a rape victim not reporting the crime, but how often would that happen, and still go in for the abortion?

I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't report rapes to the police. Some people would see it as embarrassing, especially in a somewhat public manner of a police report. Not to mention the police aren't really going to be any better and judging proper rape than the doctors. After about 72 hours, there's pretty much no chance of determining rape. Even then, there's no real concrete evidence that shows the difference between rape and simple consensual sex.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

LOLFag wrote:

haha.and how old are you? I don't think you can say for a fact that it is not a human being if you are not a doctor.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

DamnImGood wrote:

I have no idea, but can police really deny filing a police report if a victim reports it?

I'm pretty sure they can't..If a person comes up to them and says iv been raped it is the cop's responsibility to investigate it and if she wishes to file a report he
      must..or at least I think that is what happens..not extremely sure though.

DamnImGood wrote:

What about those couples who use condoms, spermicide, the pill, etc.? Are they eligible for abortion if something should go wrong, since none of those methods of contraception are 100%? And, if your answer is yes, how do you plan on enforcing it? How do you propose to prove or disprove a couple used a condom or a diaphragm?

So instead of restricting or abolishing abortion because people may abuse it, allow it for everyone. There are people abusing all kinds of services, but we're not banning them, are we? And, as already pointed out, getting an abortion isn't a risk-free event (or free). I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that the couples who have unprotected sex thinking, "I can just get an abortion!" are the minority. And, speaking from experience, many women I know don't even want the risk of getting pregnant period, so they wouldn't be reckless.

Should paramedics treat car accident victims who don't wear their seatbelts?

you know what.I really don't care what you think. You have your opinion an I have mine.

but it is murder because it killing a human being.so it should be against the law.in my opinion.

you can't say I'm wrong..just because you think your answer/opinions are right doesn't mean they are hun..

and that is a completely different situation..accidents happen.BUT if you know what your doing is wrong then you should try to prevent it, if you can't,suffer the consequences.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

LOLFag wrote:

yes.the fetus in the mother's body is a human being..A fetus is a mulitcellular organism.which is alive. Even unicellular organisms are alive..It consists of human DNA.which is of a human nature.The nature is what makes a human not because it has hands,feet,eyes,or legs.Although it is not fully developed, it is human by nature..

As I have heard before, "Its the mother's property; she can do whatever she likes with it,she owns it.". But if it has human DNA/nature then it is a person and can NOT be owned.

I found this question researching on the Internet for all of you who believe in abortion..

Is it okay, to take a fertilized egg between a man and a woman and place it in the womb of a dog?

southernchick wrote:

yes.the fetus in the mother's body is a human being..A fetus is a mulitcellular organism.which is alive. Even unicellular organisms are alive..It consists of human DNA.which is of a human nature.The nature is what makes a human not because it has hands,feet,eyes,or legs.Although it is not fully developed, it is human by nature..

As I have heard before, "Its the mother's property; she can do whatever she likes with it,she owns it.". But if it has human DNA/nature then it is a person and can NOT be owned.
      To be considered "alive," it must meet six qualifications:

1) Cell structure and function
      2) Stability and homeostasis
      3) Reproduction and inheritance
      4) Evolution
      5) Interdependence of organisms
      6) Matter, energy, and oraganisation

A fetus obviously doesn't meet these requirements, therefore it's not living.

southernchick wrote:

I found this question researching on the Internet for all of you who believe in abortion..

Is it okay, to take a fertilized egg between a man and a woman and place it in the womb of a dog?
      No because that'd be a danger to the dog.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

To be considered "alive," it must meet six qualifications:

1) Cell structure and function
      2) Stability and homeostasis
      3) Reproduction and inheritance
      4) Evolution
      5) Interdependence of organisms
      6) Matter, energy, and oraganisation
      And you just proved that a fetus is alive.

A fetus obviously doesn't meet these requirements, therefore it's not living.
      No because that'd be a danger to the dog.

So, it endangers the mother when she has an abortion. What's the difference?