southernchick wrote:

To be considered "alive," it must meet six qualifications:

1) Cell structure and function
      2) Stability and homeostasis
      3) Reproduction and inheritance
      4) Evolution
      5) Interdependence of organisms
      6) Matter, energy, and oraganisation
      Huh? A fetus doesn't have stability and homeostasis, can't reproduce, and have no capacity to evolve. Not. Alive. Kinda like your brain, hun. ;)

southernchick wrote:

So, it endangers the mother when she has an abortion. What's the difference?
      A woman can make the choice for herself. You can't compare forcing a dog to carry around something that's way bigger than it should and a woman choosing to take the risk to remove a fetus from her body. You can't say no medical procedures with any risks.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]
    • Re: Abortion: let's get a real debate going

I'm gonna side with Goddess of Judecca because A.) She's smart and B.) If anyone tries to counter argue her they'll lose so I'm safe :cool:
      [CENTER]
      [09:55] Arthur.: Hehehe, well im not gonna pretend i didnt miss you, i was starting to cry.... y'know, being apat for so long
      [/CENTER]

Huh? A fetus doesn't have stability and homeostasis, can't reproduce, and have no capacity to evolve. Not. Alive. Kinda like your brain, hun. ;)
      A woman can make the choice for herself. You can't compare forcing a dog to carry around something that's way bigger than it should and a woman choosing to take the risk to remove a fetus from her body. You can't say no medical procedures with any risks.
      Yes they have homeostasis.They adjust to the temperature of the mother's body.If they dont they can either freeze or burn up.No they can't reproduce until they have reproductive organs.Can't evolve? hmm..well they get bigger and get new organs everyday..Your definition must be completely different than mine. haha..wow.insulting me? ha..yeah and why would I give a fuck wat you think about me since you don't even know me.

You just said that the dog will be carrying something way bigger then it should..so you say it is a growing it..because it will grow into a human..

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

S3CR3T wrote:

I'm gonna side with Goddess of Judecca because A.) She's smart and B.) If anyone tries to counter argue her they'll lose so I'm safe :cool:

a)Just cuz she seems smart doesn't mean she is..

b) maybe the only reason she always win is cuz noone wants to argue with a bigheaded teenager that thinks she knows everything..luckily, I will argue with her and I won't just give up cuz she thinks she is always right.

S3CR3T wrote:

Just by reading a few of her posts in this thread, that does not seem to be the case with the argument she is making.
      11/4/08 - National Epic Fail Day

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

S3CR3T wrote:

She is quite intelligent. You might not agree with her - but she's rarely confused or stupid, like I am about 90% of the time.

I am not against abortion in the first trimester.
      But the 6 points she made about when a mass is determined to be alive is quite silly.
      Lets take points 1 and 3.
      A fetus has cell structure and function.

Now, I can say several things about reproduction here. A fetus certainly reproduces but does not procreate, neither does a 1 day old or a 9 month old or a even a 10 year old in almost all cases. That is a serious flaw in her argument.
      11/4/08 - National Epic Fail Day

[/CENTER]

dandaitalianman wrote:

But the 6 points she made about when a mass is determined to be alive is quite silly.

Now, I can say several things about reproduction here. A fetus certainly reproduces but does not procreate, neither does a 1 day old or a 9 month old or a even a 10 year old in almost all cases. That is a serious flaw in her argument.

She didn't say that a fetus did all of those.
      She was making a point that they DON'T do all of them.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

southernchick wrote:

Yes they have homeostasis.They adjust to the temperature of the mother's body.If they dont they can either freeze or burn up.
      LOLFag has already pointed out how a fetus doesn't possess homeostasis.

southernchick wrote:

No they can't reproduce until they have reproductive organs.
      Exactly. Even though children cannot reproduce, as dantaisoufsiaofjl said, they still have the structure necessary to do so. A genderless fetus that can't reproduce sexually or asexually cannot reproduce.

southernchick wrote:

Can't evolve? hmm..well they get bigger and get new organs everyday..
      That's development, not evolution. Evolution is being able to adjust to one's surroundings to allow greater likelihood of survival. A fetus will not adapt and evolve to its surroundings like human beings will.

southernchick wrote:

Your definition must be completely different than mine.
      Seeing as yours is incorrect scientifically, yes, it's very different.

southernchick wrote:

haha..wow.insulting me? ha..yeah and why would I give a fuck wat you think about me since you don't even know me.
      I never said you would.

southernchick wrote:

You just said that the dog will be carrying something way bigger then it should..so you say it is a growing it..because it will grow into a human..
      Of course it's growing. Never said it wasn't.

dandaitalianman wrote:

The six characteristics necessary to be considered "alive" is basic biology.

southernchick wrote:

a)Just cuz she seems smart doesn't mean she is..
      MY MOMMY SAYS I'M SMART. :(

EDIT: In case y'all missed it, an organism must possess ALL of those six characteristics to be considered alive, not just some of them.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goddess of Judecca ().

I have not seen where fag has said that a fetus doesn't posses homeostasis.. it does.. a fetus adjust to it's surroundings(womb)..which IS homeostasis..hmm..a fetus absorbs food and nutrients from the mother which is also a characteristic of life.the ability to gather food(heterotrophic).

then why would you insult me if noone will care.just to show your a bitch? well, you succeeded.congrats!

to be alive:

Living things are made up of cells.

southernchick wrote:

I have not seen where fag has said that a fetus doesn't posses homeostasis.. it does.. a fetus adjust to it's surroundings(womb)..which IS homeostasis..hmm..a fetus absorbs food and nutrients from the mother which is also a characteristic of life.the ability to gather food(heterotrophic).

then why would you insult me if noone will care.just to show your a bitch? well, you succeeded.congrats!

to be alive:

Living things are made up of cells.

Maybe it was someone else. I forget. But several posts were made on the issue on the previous page, and I'm not going to repeat whomever it was.
      EDIT: In case y'all missed it, an organism must possess ALL of those six characteristics to be considered alive, not just some of them.
      Just because a fetus possesses some of the characteristics - which I entirely agree with - that doesn't mean it's alive.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

S3CR3T wrote:

southern - I never neg repped you? :S I don't really neg rep anyone besides Coolguy7.

well I'm sorry I came to conclusions.

haha..yeah he deserves his neg reps.lol

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

Why would she assume you did it? It'd make more sense to assume it was me.

~Maggot

yes but I figured if you hadn't neg rep me yet you probably wasn't going to..I guess I came to the wrong conclusion.

southernchick wrote:

yes but I figured if you hadn't neg rep me yet you probably wasn't going to..I guess I came to the wrong conclusion.
      I said it'd make more sense to assume I did it than she; I didn't say I actually did. That was a test of your reasoning skills. CONGRATS, YOU FAILED. =D

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

I said it'd make more sense to assume I did it than she; I didn't say I actually did. That was a test of your reasoning skills. CONGRATS, YOU FAILED. =D

~Maggot

Um and I didn't say you did it..I said I came to the wrong conclusion..not you did it.that just shows your lack of analyzing things.and I don't care who neg rep me cuz it
      doesn't mean the same anymore sense you can now buy rep points.so wow..one neg.woohoo! haha.I finally have a red dot!

How i see it is well, if the mom really doesn't want the child and may not raise it to the full, then is it not best for the baby to be aborted? I'd say yes, considering it would have to live it's life with that. At the end of the day it's too young to know any different, and under the circumstances there are with many women today, abortions can be very sensible decisions sometimes.