????

• well about 3wks ago i found out i was pregnant and i have been with my boyfriend for almost a year and a half and well my mom and his mom are starting to clash at each other and basically its tearin me and him apart i haven't seen him in 3 days and my mom took away my cell phone and all phone privileges because me and her got into a big fight and i shouldn't have said the things i did and i tried apologizing but it seems its not working and his mom made everything worse i'm just confused.....
    • You mom is probably not happy about your pregnancy and it's her anger making her do? Maybe his mom isnt too happy too and your mom maybe is blaming him and his mom for this incident....I think you need to talk to your mom and he should talk to his mom and explain stuff that you both love each other and stuff to sort out things....:rolleyes:
    • I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?

Unplanned pregnancy in your mom's eyes seems like you did something stupid, and honestly, can you blame her?. Taking risks when having sex isn't something you should joke with, because of the high amount of teen pregnancy around the world, and the STD's/STI's that can come along with it if you don't use protection. I agree that if I was a parent, I would choose to let my teenage children have sex if they want to, but they just have to do it the right way. But the way your mother wanted it was different, she may or may have not seriously discussed sex if you make the choice to have sex, she would have rather you not have sex at all.

Right now I don't think any of the people involved has dealt with the issue very well. What you want right now is to have your mother on your side and help you through this, not having an argument about it. My advice is that you tell her that. Go up to her and explain to her that you know that you didn't plan on getting pregnant, and you are sorry it isn't something she wants to hear, but you need her support right now, not the arguments.
      Since your BF is the father, he and you should be the ones talking to each other about your futures the most. Your mother is the main person stopping you from contacting him, and that isn't fair to either of you.
      Your mother must have freaked out if she confiscated your phone, but it isn't going to solve anything unlike if you broke a window or crashed the car. Also she isn't being very understanding. This can't be fixed by punishing you, the pregnancy is punishment enough.
      Maybe you would like to go to a place like family planning, or a counselor... someone who can help you, your family, his family, and him sort this out.

If you found out about this within 72 hours of conception, you might be able to take emergency contraception. Beyond that, and you are heading into pro-choice and pro-creation territory. Abortion is a possibility. But pro-creation people would like to say that you can't kill a child all because of the mistakes you made, and it doesn't sound like that child would be better off not living than being brought up by you and all that support you.
    • just give your mum some time, she is probobly just trying to come to terms with the pregnancy thing, im sure they will work it out, you and your bf just need to sit down with them, and explain that you cant handle it anymore. just explain that you love each other and for the sake of your child they should just putt heir differences aside. as for the pregnancy, it may be a real shock right now, but it will get better. are you keeping the baby? i should have asked that before. but if you are then you will need him to be there for you. and you need to evaluate if you can actually do it, and sort out what you are going to do. i.e, job wise, living arangements. good luck, but yeah just give it time.
    • Jay_JWLH wrote:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?

Unplanned pregnancy in your mom's eyes seems like you did something stupid, and honestly, can you blame her?. Taking risks when having sex isn't something you should joke with, because of the high amount of teen pregnancy around the world, and the STD's/STI's that can come along with it if you don't use protection. I agree that if I was a parent, I would choose to let my teenage children have sex if they want to, but they just have to do it the right way. But the way your mother wanted it was different, she may or may have not seriously discussed sex if you make the choice to have sex, she would have rather you not have sex at all.

Right now I don't think any of the people involved has dealt with the issue very well. What you want right now is to have your mother on your side and help you through this, not having an argument about it. My advice is that you tell her that. Go up to her and explain to her that you know that you didn't plan on getting pregnant, and you are sorry it isn't something she wants to hear, but you need her support right now, not the arguments.
      Since your BF is the father, he and you should be the ones talking to each other about your futures the most. Your mother is the main person stopping you from contacting him, and that isn't fair to either of you.
      Your mother must have freaked out if she confiscated your phone, but it isn't going to solve anything unlike if you broke a window or crashed the car. Also she isn't being very understanding. This can't be fixed by punishing you, the pregnancy is punishment enough.
      Maybe you would like to go to a place like family planning, or a counselor... someone who can help you, your family, his family, and him sort this out.

If you found out about this within 72 hours of conception, you might be able to take emergency contraception. Beyond that, and you are heading into pro-choice and pro-creation territory. Abortion is a possibility. But pro-creation people would like to say that you can't kill a child all because of the mistakes you made, and it doesn't sound like that child would be better off not living than being brought up by you and all that support you.

Word.

You need to figure out what you're going to do with the child before you can do anything to prepare. You need to talk to your mom, and your boyfriend, and HIS family.