Do i like him or am just lonely

• Do i like him or am just lonely

Ok so i meet this guy online about a month ago we meet through facebook, and we av been chatting, so last week he asked me out and i no and then later said yes, but this is the first person to ever ask me out, am 17 but i always thought my first boyfriend will be someone that will be were i am, i know if i know what i want then why did i say yes ok you can say am kinda desperate, it just that i really want a boyfriend and no one's ask me out yet and i dont have any friends to talk to either to take away the loneliness. i mean i dont even enjoy our conversation but i really want someone to talk to and at first i told him all i wanted was a friend but he didnt respond to that and i dont wanna drive him away.
      I just dont know what to do PLEASE help

• Re: Do i like him or am just lonely

Okay, in my honest opinion, there isn't any point in "dating" unless you a: know a person well, b: are able to meet the person on a regular basis, and c: there is a potential for a deeper relationship/marriage. my reasoning:

a: If you don't know the person well, then it is MUCH more likely that there won't be any commitment on their part, no matter how dedicated you personally are. Being in a relationship like this is just asking to get hurt. If a guy has only known you for a month, and asks you out, it shows that he is more likely than not, just a casual dater looking for fun. And I cant be sure so don't get mad at me or anything, but how do you know this guy is who he says he is? Many many people will talk to a girl for a month or so before proposing that they meet, and then bad things happen.Have you methim and are sure he is who he says?

b:From experience, long distance relationships suck, and are extremely hard to maintain, and even harder to survive. Instant messaging and sending emails makes up for a lot, but its still not companionship. Are you ready for this added stress?

c: Gewtting into short term relationships is fun, I'll admit. But the breakups are extremely painful, especially when you get emotionally attached. Add this to the possibility of him hot being as interested in you as you were with him, and it isn't pretty. Sure, you can get over it, but do you WANT to hurt yourself this way? Date people who show commitment and are serious, and you will save yourself a lot of heartache.

hope this helps, and good luck, whatever you do.

(p.s. I haven't dated in three years because of the above reasons. So I know how hard being single is, and how the lack of companionship sucks. But so far, waiting is worth it.)

It hurts me to say this, trust me...you're lonely. If you want to date someone, you have to have met them, share interests, know them, etc. If you want to talk to someone, screw him and find someone to talk to who isn't gonna turn away from you the moment you say know-find someone on here to talk to. If you don't enjoy the conversations, then the idea of you dating him is ridiculous.
      Head up, I feel lonely as hell at the moment but it will improve. If you want to talk to me my MSN is [email protected]. If not, which is understandable, find someone. As J.D said in Scrubs "People aren't meant to be alone."
      Messi
      X

You're just feeling lonely because of your fresh break-up. Don't cover it up with a cheap relationship. It's not worth it and it will never be. Take my advice, just don't do it. Talk to another friend, preferably a female. If you need advise, you can add me up in YM or FB or whatever. Visit my site, drop a line and read my articles about real love, real relationships if you have to.
      Simple answers to hard questions.h3sean.com I tackle topics like:
      "Why are we so competitive?" , "Did free will ever exist?" , "Did God create evil?"