Need help with LG Vu!

• Need help with LG Vu!

I've been trying to find a program that can send ringtones from my Mac to my LG Vu.
      Does anyone know of any I can download for free?
      I've already tried BitPim but It doesn't work for the Vu I guess.
      And I would use the bluetooth that's already on my mac, but for some reason it just doesnt work. =/
      Any help is appreciated :]
      [CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'd like to make myself believe, that planet earth turns slowly.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"]:][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: Need help with LG Vu!

free-the-unicorns wrote:

I've been trying to find a program that can send ringtones from my Mac to my LG Vu.
      Does anyone know of any I can download for free?
      I've already tried BitPim but It doesn't work for the Vu I guess.
      And I would use the bluetooth that's already on my mac, but for some reason it just doesnt work. =/
      Any help is appreciated :]

When you say the Bluetooth doesn't work, do you mean you're getting an error that says something like "Connection failed" or "Transfer failed"? This is probably the most annoying error evar. :mad:

Anyways, if you can at least pair the phone successfully with your computer, try this: Click the Bluetooth icon, select "Browse Device" from the menu. When it finds your phone, select it and click "Browse." It will ask you to enter the passkey, I just use "0000". Then go to the Bluetooth menu again and select your phone from the "Devices" list, and click "Browse." You'll then see a list of all the folders on your phone, usually "Pictures", "Music", "Videos" etc. Hold down Command (⌘) and select all the ringtones you want, and click "Get". It will then send the files to your computer one by one. (I hope)

I hope that works. If you get an error that says "This device does not have the necessary services" then it's your phone being ghey. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by xyz123456 ().

Sehnsucht wrote:

When you say the Bluetooth doesn't work, do you mean you're getting an error that says something like "Connection failed" or "Transfer failed"? This is probably the most annoying error evar. :mad:

Anyways, if you can at least pair the phone successfully with your computer, try this: Click the Bluetooth icon, select "Browse Device" from the menu. When it finds your phone, select it and click "Browse." It will ask you to enter the passkey, I just use "0000". Then go to the Bluetooth menu again and select your phone from the "Devices" list, and click "Browse." You'll then see a list of all the folders on your phone, usually "Pictures", "Music", "Videos" etc. Hold down Command (⌘) and select all the ringtones you want, and click "Get". It will then send the files to your computer one by one. (I hope)

I hope that works. If you get an error that says "This device does not have the necessary services" then it's your phone being ghey. ;)

thanks, but it didn't work =[
      I've paired my phone to the computer before, and I can send anything from my phone to my mac but not the other way around. When I click "Browse device" absolutely nothing happens, I don't even get an error =/
      [CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'd like to make myself believe, that planet earth turns slowly.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"]:][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

free-the-unicorns wrote:

thanks, but it didn't work =[
      I've paired my phone to the computer before, and I can send anything from my phone to my mac but not the other way around. When I click 'Browse device' absolutely nothing happens, I don't even get an error =/

Shit. I'm assuming this is the LG Vu from AT&T? Does this happen with EVERY type of file, or just ringtones? I think a lot of the greedy ass carriers cripple the Bluetooth so customers will be forced to buy ringtones from them for $2.50 a pop. :rolleyes: I've never really used a Vu before but this crap from AT&T and Verizon doesn't surprise me.

Sehnsucht wrote:

Shit. I'm assuming this is the LG Vu from AT&T? Does this happen with EVERY type of file, or just ringtones? I think a lot of the greedy ass carriers cripple the Bluetooth so customers will be forced to buy ringtones from them for $2.50 a pop. :rolleyes: I've never really used a Vu before but this crap from AT&T and Verizon doesn't surprise me.

That must be what it is, because mine is AT&T >:O
      dang, well I won't give in to $2.50 thats ridiculous!
      well I do have a program that works for my phone, but I can only use it on my friend's computer, because like many other things, it doesn't work with my mac.
      maybe electronics just hate me.

free-the-unicorns wrote:

That must be what it is, because mine is AT&T >:O
      dang, well I won't give in to $2.50 thats ridiculous!
      well I do have a program that works for my phone, but I can only use it on my friend's computer, because like many other things, it doesn't work with my mac.
      maybe electronics just hate me.

Steve Jobs hates you. :p

Anyway there are several phone-syncing utilities for Mac, give me one moment while I research this...:wink:

Ah ha...found this tidbit from a tech review of the Vu on another site:

The LG Vu CU920 and CU915 have built-in music players that support MP3, WMA and AAC/AAC+ files, though we had trouble getting the phone to play nicely with unprotected iTunes AAC files. You can put songs on a microSD card (high capacity SDHC cards over 2 gigs capacity are supported) using a card reader or LG USB cable, and the phone can sync to Windows Media Player. Sorry Mac folks, there's no iTunes syncing support nor much of any other kind of Mac support. Use a card reader to copy songs and Bluetooth to send your contacts to the phone.

Looks like LG half-assed it. The only other option I can think of would be to make sure you enable USB mass storage on your phone, (if your phone came with an LG USB cable) then your Mac should see it as an external drive. This should work, I'm almost positive. I've found that mass storage mode works with pretty much EVERYTHING since it's not platform-specific.

The post was edited 2 times, last by xyz123456 ().

Sehnsucht wrote:

Steve Jobs hates you. :p

Anyway there are several phone-syncing utilities for Mac, give me one moment while I research this...:wink:

Ah ha...found this tidbit from a tech review of the Vu on another site:

Looks like LG half-assed it. The only other option I can think of would be to make sure you enable USB mass storage on your phone, (if your phone came with an LG USB cable) then your Mac should see it as an external drive. This should work, I'm almost positive.

ahhh, I just tried that and it says I need to 'insert a memory card' or something...?
      and by the way, my phone never came with a USB cord, I had to buy it separately. *figures*

Sehnsucht wrote:

Yep there has to be a memory card in it :P Get one and I'm sure this will work.

ok I'll try that eventually lol I've had enough messing around with my phone for the day.
      and thanks for the help :]