HELP. I like my teacher, and it's getting out of hand!

• HELP. I like my teacher, and it's getting out of hand!

I'm 15 years old and I go to an all-girls school because for some odd reason I am extremely awkward when it comes to socializing with the opposite sex. My social life and mental state was going so well until I was damned with a young, good-looking male teacher. At first I thought that my awkwardness and insecurities will go away after a couple of weeks..but I was wrong. It has been 5 months and up to now my self-esteem and confidence continues to sink. I absolutely HATE gym class (he's a gym teacher) I feel that I can't socialize or speak to anyone because I have a stupid fear that he is evaluating me in everything I do, and waiting for me to mess up. He's so cold to me, which makes hurts me even more. He barely notices me and I give him assignments which I basically go crazy on. I am so nervous around him that I don't even want to ask questions or go anywhere near him! ..I hate this. Whenever he does look at me, i'm in my most awkwardest state. I try to socialize with people in my gym class, but they alway leave me out of their conversations and ignore my opinions, so whats the use? Whenever he gives us free time to play basketball or other stuff, I do not look forward to it at all, because I always mess up infront of him when i'm actually pretty good at sports..it's like he has this force field that automatically makes me look stupid in front of him. When I thought this situation couldn't get any worse, I find out that I have him as a religion teacher next semester. Please, can somebody help me with my problem? I told my friends and family about it, and they feel that i'll just magically grow out of it.
    • Re: HELP. I like my teacher, and it's getting out of hand!

Trust me, they're right. You WILL grow out of it. As you are 15 your hormones are going crazy and going to an all-girls school doesn't help much in the fact that there aren't boys your age to have attractions towards. So your body makes do with an attractive male teacher.
      Most of us have felt this way some time or another towards a teacher or mentor. It's just something that happens when you're hormonal and around someone 'attractive' for a longer length of time.
      If the kids in your school aren't treating your contributions as something equally valueable, and you feel down about it, go to a teacher or administrator and voice what you feel. You're a student, so what you say really should be evaluated by peers and teachers in class so that you have a better experience with learning.
      My biggest piece of advice for someone who doesn't feel 'good enough' or feels 'stupid' at some point is to look in the mirror. Find something you really like about yourself and work around that. Keep telling yourself that you're awesome and eventually you'll believe it. I've done it before, and it really does well for confidence.
      You're an individual and as such your contribution can be great. Don't let anyone tell you any different. :)

If you'd like to meet other males your age to have a healthy friendship-relationship with, then join a local sport or other group? It's a great way to meet people and have fun at the same time.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]