I have a problem...

• I have a problem...

OK, this may be a little long, but it needs to be to explain everything I have to say.

There is this great girl who I like a lot(name is Debbie so I can use that name instead of "this girl) and she went away to college this year. Now me, I am a high school senior this year, and I am also planning on going to the same college as she is going to. With about 3 weeks left in the previous school year, I told her that I liked her. She told me that she had to think about it a little bit, and that she would get back to me on the next day. So I left it to God, and said that whatever happens, happens. The next day, she called me into a discreet place in the band room(yes, we are band kids, not geeks though. We both play two sports a year and are very good at out respective sports) an told me that she was really flattered but there just wasnt enough time left togeth to pursure a relationship. Anyway, I took this as her kinda leaving the door open to when we are together in college.

Now my question is, should I wait until I am in college to pursue her, or just give her up and move on?

And, just for reference, I have never dated before in my life, and probably the first person I date will be my future wife. I am 17 years old, and she turns 19 this year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    • Re: I have a problem...

give up and move on. worry about next year next year. she already has in her mind that you don't have a chance with her this year, so you have to wait it out...but better to move on.

dodgersphreak wrote:

And, just for reference, I have never dated before in my life, and probably the first person I date will be my future wife. I am 17 years old, and she turns 19 this year. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

If you say something :gay: like that ever again...I will bitch slap you. I hope you don't actually go around telling people that IRL.

Honestly, her saying that seems to me to be just an excuse to let you down easy, meaning she doesn't actually have feelings for you, but she didn't want to upset you by telling you that flat out. So you should really move on. Not to mention, so much will change in that year until you go to college. You both will probably be 2 very different people by then. And I kinda agree with Marcus on the whole "the next person I date will be my future wife" thing. Are you serious? Do you honestly think that you can just date one person and have it turn out to be love? A lot of the time you have to date many people before you find the right one.
      +Laura+

I don't know that for a fact. it is just a hunch. I'm not exactly Mr. Hot Shot at school, and I've never dated before, so it is just a hunch. I'm not the kind of guy that goes around looking for sex, I'm a christian with christian morals(no drinking, no smoking, not premarital sex) and I abide by that. Again, I don't know that the first person I will date will become my spouse, I just have a hunch. Dates have been very hard to come by for me(meaning nonexistent). So yeah. And don't flame me to bad because of my morals. I know that it is not normal, but then again, neither am I.

dodgersphreak wrote:

I'm a christian with christian morals(no drinking, no smoking, not premarital sex) and I abide by that.

:lol:....sorry, I needed to get that out of my system.

Whatever the case, Debbie doesn't seem interested. Work your mojo over on another girl you are interested in that is interested with you. Debbie may happen in the future, but don't hold your breath.

Phuck Buddy wrote:

:lol:....sorry, I needed to get that out of my system.

Whatever the case, Debbie doesn't seem interested. Work your mojo over on another girl you are interested in that is interested with you. Debbie may happen in the future, but don't hold your breath.

I'm not holding it, but it seems pretty hard to let go. I am looking into other possibilities, but none of them even come close to what I see in Debbie. I guess life is just one big waiting game.

They do if it's methodist otherwise no they don't mention it.^^

But it sounds like an easy way to let you down and you need to forget her and move on. Everyone won't be as good as Debbie in your eyes but maybe you should give the others a chance cause it ain't going to happen with her.
      And as marcus said before i really hope you don't tell people irl that your first girlfriend will be your wife because coming from a girl that will just scare us away. I mean we want commitment but not that much.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

x-mercedes-x wrote:

They do if it's methodist otherwise no they don't mention it.^^

But it sounds like an easy way to let you down and you need to forget her and move on. Everyone won't be as good as Debbie in your eyes but maybe you should give the others a chance cause it ain't going to happen with her.
      And as marcus said before i really hope you don't tell people irl that your first girlfriend will be your wife because coming from a girl that will just scare us away. I mean we want commitment but not that much.

No, I don't go aorund telling people that, its just a feeling for me, that I have told no one else about, as I stated in earlier posts. Dates are not exactly easy to come by for me.

And about alcohol, it is just a general belief that it is bad. I personally find it distasteful to drink it, considering that I have no control over my body once under the influence. Also, since I am underage, that is another excuse. It also smells horrible, and if it smells that bad, it must taste even worse. I have heard that it is an acquired taste, one that I will never acquire. So it is my personal choice to stay away from alcohol.

dodgersphreak wrote:

OK, this may be a little long, but it needs to be to explain everything I have to say.

There is this great girl who I like a lot(name is Debbie so I can use that name instead of "this girl) and she went away to college this year. Now me, I am a high school senior this year, and I am also planning on going to the same college as she is going to. With about 3 weeks left in the previous school year, I told her that I liked her. She told me that she had to think about it a little bit, and that she would get back to me on the next day. So I left it to God, and said that whatever happens, happens. The next day, she called me into a discreet place in the band room(yes, we are band kids, not geeks though. We both play two sports a year and are very good at out respective sports) an told me that she was really flattered but there just wasnt enough time left togeth to pursure a relationship. Anyway, I took this as her kinda leaving the door open to when we are together in college.

Now my question is, should I wait until I am in college to pursue her, or just give her up and move on?

Okay well, though I would like to help, this has to be YOUR decision. Is she worth waiting for? Yes? or No? If so, then wait until you get to college to be with her.

If you think she isn't worth it, sure move on.

Dude, your 17 If the 1st person u date is yur "future Wife" then that SUCKS. you need to have a couple of relationships under your belt before u can even THINK about marrige.

If i ever hear u say something homosexual like that again i will personaly bring a rainbow shirt and bandana and a 1 way ticket to Drop Soap Ally.

Dont be gay, go get laid.
      Foxtrot Unifom Charlie Kilo

Tumbl3wEEd wrote:

Dude, your 17 If the 1st person u date is yur "future Wife" then that SUCKS. you need to have a couple of relationships under your belt before u can even THINK about marrige.

If i ever hear u say something homosexual like that again i will personaly bring a rainbow shirt and bandana and a 1 way ticket to Drop Soap Ally.

Dont be gay, go get laid.

dude... that was awesome, but one critique. when you say "gay"...you can't just say "gay". you have to do it with flair! like :gay:

see how much better that was? here's what you type

Source Code

1. :gay: