Bisexual ex-boyfriend to fall in love with me again

• Bisexual ex-boyfriend to fall in love with me again

My boyfriend of 7 months recently broke up with me, but I kind of saw it coming. I didn't want our relationship to end at all, however. For a while, he seemed totally distant and acted like a jerk every time I tried being closer to him and talking to him. He revealed to me that he's been confused because he think he's bisexual. He says he likes this one guy. Apparently his feelings for the guy has escalated in the span of 2-3 weeks, and his feelings for me sort of slowly died off.

Two close friends of mine told me they think he's just downright gay. But he said to me that he was confused still. So maybe he isn't fully bisexual yet. I've known him for sooooo long, yet he's known this one guy for about a month. He was in a whole 'depression' kind of mood, and pushed me away. And well, he's attracted to happy people who are constantly there for him. So in comes at the right moment this one cheery friendly guy, who ends up being there for him better than I was since he wouldn't let me into his life anymore. They're also really similar in style, and possibly personality too. Exactly like me and him.

It leads me to believe that it's because of how friendly the guy was and how similar they were, that makes him question his sexuality. He fell in love with me when I was the one who was constantly there for him about a year ago. So maybe that's why he thinks he's falling for this guy. AND, the guy confessed to him that he was bisexual, and that he'd totally date him if he were gay.

He means a lot to me, and I really don't want to lose him to a guy, or anyone else for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I have NOTHING against gays, bisexuals, etc. It's just, we've been through so much together, but he just up and leaves me for another guy. Is there anyway I could pull the odds in my favor and make him fall in love with me again?
    • Re: Bisexual ex-boyfriend to fall in love with me again

marshmallowteddy wrote:

My boyfriend of 7 months recently broke up with me, but I kind of saw it coming. I didn't want our relationship to end at all, however. For a while, he seemed totally distant and acted like a jerk every time I tried being closer to him and talking to him. He revealed to me that he's been confused because he think he's bisexual. He says he likes this one guy. Apparently his feelings for the guy has escalated in the span of 2-3 weeks, and his feelings for me sort of slowly died off.

Two close friends of mine told me they think he's just downright gay. But he said to me that he was confused still. So maybe he isn't fully bisexual yet. I've known him for sooooo long, yet he's known this one guy for about a month. He was in a whole 'depression' kind of mood, and pushed me away. And well, he's attracted to happy people who are constantly there for him. So in comes at the right moment this one cheery friendly guy, who ends up being there for him better than I was since he wouldn't let me into his life anymore. They're also really similar in style, and possibly personality too. Exactly like me and him.

It leads me to believe that it's because of how friendly the guy was and how similar they were, that makes him question his sexuality. He fell in love with me when I was the one who was constantly there for him about a year ago. So maybe that's why he thinks he's falling for this guy. AND, the guy confessed to him that he was bisexual, and that he'd totally date him if he were gay.

He means a lot to me, and I really don't want to lose him to a guy, or anyone else for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I have NOTHING against gays, bisexuals, etc. It's just, we've been through so much together, but he just up and leaves me for another guy. Is there anyway I could pull the odds in my favor and make him fall in love with me again?

Well... This is kind of an interesting situation.
      From experiance, after he finds out his sexualty, stuff will fall into place.
      When I was younger, I really liked this girl, kind of puppy love, and she realy liked me, but yeah, I broke up with her...
      I guess I'm considered gay, I've always disliked the titles though, there is still a slight attraction to girls, but dominantly guys.
      I could easily go back to her, on a romantic level it would be perfect but sexually and physically, it would crash and burn...

I guess my point is, as much as I could love her, it would not change my sexuality. My attraction is one of the most concrete things about me, and alot of people too.
      If he's confused about his sexual preferance, getting in his face about it atall will probably drive him away.
      If he's attracted to girls more than guys, he will probably go back to you if he felt the same way you feel about him. If not, and he's attracted to guys more, well, he won't..

But I don't know the situation, I don't know him nor you, so I could be way off. Your the one who's closest to him out of everyone here, just take a step back and try viewing the situation as a unbiased 3rd party, and ask what's best for him, and your relationship with him.

It's rather hard to express my opinion in such a small quote, Ifcyou want me to elaborate on anything, I'll be glad to :P

good luck!
    • Re: Bisexual ex-boyfriend to fall in love with me again

Well, we decided we'd continue to be best friends and all right now. He hasn't said anything about wanting to get back into a relationship, but he told me that he still had some feelings left for me after the break up. And he also told a friend of mine that he didn't know if he wanted to break things off, but instead continue the relationship and try to make me happy. But my friend advised him that "Break up with her while she's still hurting, and explain to her your problem. Or break up with her when she's happy with you."

So I know that he still really cares about me. I'm actually pretty sure he wouldn't mind talking to me about his issues, but just as long as I don't do anything that will drive him away I guess. But in the meantime, what could I do? I want to be with him, but he's probably still trying to figure himself out.