The Twilight Saga

• Re: The Twilight Saga

I prefer the novels, the most I like is Edward ;)
      But seriously, i like so much more the books cause are more detailed than movies.
      About rate them:
      Twilight: 10
      New Moon: 8
      Eclipse: 9
      Breaking Dawn: 10
      Rating from 1 to 10
      :lolz:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mariela: i forgot raiting ().

TheFreedomFighter wrote:

I prefer the cardboard cutouts at Burger King. That is as close as i will get to the twilight series. Because i can't resist rodeo burgers and hershey's pies.

clavicle wrote:

horrible plot. horrible movies. horrible genre.

i dun kno y u guyz hate twilight so much....well its ur choice bt according 2 me novels r d bst......movies stand no where

MangaHut.com wrote:

They are making a manga for it.

Sigh... fail.

Again with the Twilight thing. *Copies and pastes old twilight arguments*
      Stephenie Meyer knows nothing about literature.
      Predictable.
      She cant portray characters at ALL.
      Uses the words ''perfect'', ''flawless'', ''sweet'' too much.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

what i dislike most about the series, is the fact that so many hate on it without having read them
      if you've read the series, and don't like it, then fair enough.
      however, that doesn't give you the right to wonder around telling everyone it's shit, and that the author is an idiot with no clue, etc..
      i found them quite interesting to read, and i've read a LOT of books.
      ~Kiwi

I'm actually a pretty huge fan of Twilight, I even have t-shirts of the characters, but I mostly like Edward. I enjoyed the movie more, basically I'm not really a fan of reading. The movie was a really romantic, and me not really being a huge fan of romantic movies,this one really stand out to me. The storyline was pretty amazing, had some sad and dramatic parts,but overall I think the movie was really great. I can't wait till eclipse releases in theaters.
      [CENTER][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Freddie354 wrote:

.I don't get why they didn't get someone hotter to play her in the movie though. Entertain all the guys that get dragged along to see it..
      Because Bella is supposed to be a very average person.

I read the books, and have been dragged to the movies by my hair. All in all, I wasn't very impressed. It's not utterly horrible, but I also hate when every movie in a series has a different director. Consistency is key to a good movie set. The books are obviously alot better than the movies, but they drag on, and sometimes the hidden meanings behind words are lost to a more clueless reader. But overall I'd give the series in all its entirely a 2/5.

It's entertaining, but only to a point.

I'd also like to add that I am disappointed that the Eragon movies never picked up much...THAT book series is good imo. if they got a good director on-board, then the movies would be awesome.

The post was edited 1 time, last by GregW ().

kiwinall wrote:

what i dislike most about the series, is the fact that so many hate on it without having read them
      if you've read the series, and don't like it, then fair enough.
      however, that doesn't give you the right to wonder around telling everyone it's shit, and that the author is an idiot with no clue, etc..
      i found them quite interesting to read, and i've read a LOT of books.

100% agreed.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]rawwr.[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]apple pie.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]*om nom nom*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
      fields where nothing grew but weeds; i found a flower at my feet.

I have not read the books (nor do I think I want to), but I'm more on-the-fence with the Twilight series. I will admit I will mock it once in a while, but that is just purely for fun. I neither like nor hate the Twilight saga. I admit it is an interesting and original story, but flawed in the sense that the characters lack weakness. Edward's only weakness is Bella, which is pathetic because he is in no other way vulnerable, he is just too perfect. Bella's only weakness, apart from being human, is Edward. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

In terms of the books, well, I can't say much because I have not read them (only the page or two which I read at a bookshop). But according to my friend BattleForTheSun, Stephanie Meyer tends to use too many of the same adjectives (and he is right, she does). I'm half her age, and I have better writing skills.
      But it is understandable, considering the fact she has never had any writing experience prior to Twilight.

I just think there is too much hype surrounding the series for its own good. Sure it is an original and interesting story, I just do not understand how this series had this sudden following of teenage girls in a short span of time. But in a sense I am being hypocritical, considering the fact I am a fan of The Da Vinci Code, which is one of the most popular and controversial books ever written (and Dan Brown too has been criticized for bad writing).

But film-wise, I enjoyed Twilight and New Moon, even though I felt they were a bit fake.