How to ignore negative comments??

• How to ignore negative comments??

I would like someone to help me here. I've been getting some bad comments from people I don't know in my school. They would throw words at me and stuff when I'm right in front of my friends and I get so embarrassed. I take on the comments so much until it makes me cry myself to sleep. Please please please, help me...I can't do anything to them because although they do me that I respect them. Please give me some advice on what to do the next time(which unfortunately might be every school day until August) they teases me or embarrasses me.

PS-Please don't tell me talk to them. They'll just embarrass me even more....
      [CENTER][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]
    • Re: How to ignore negative comments??

I don't think you should do anything. Retaliating will probably just make it worse and if you show them in any way how much it bothers you, they'll keep doing it. You have to just ignore them. Next time, just keep walking and don't even listen to them. You are the only person that can make yourself feel inferior, no one else. It's just up to you not letting it get to you. Now, I know that it's easier said than done and it will take time for you to develop a 'tougher skin', but it is possible. Remember, you don't even know these people, which probably means they don't even know you. So, their words should not and do not mean anything to you. Keep that in mind when you feel like it's starting to bother you. You have friends so, just try not to worry about it. Your friends are the ones who really know you, not these people.

I suggest you don't listen and don't think about what they're saying. Eventually, if you keep ignoring them, they'll get tired of it and move on. No one can really give you a tougher skin, it's just something you have to develop on your own. Forget what people are saying and focus on your friends and the other good things you have going. They're not worth your time or tears. If things start getting out of hand, seek help from a teacher or someone like that.

I hope this helped.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Ever heard the saying, 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me'?
      Try having that mentality; if you don't let them bother you then they will eventually get tired of trying and it will stop. What someone else thinks of you does not matter, it's only their opinion, especially if they don't really know you. Don't take what they say to heart, show them you're better than that, that you are above them by ignoring them. They are being immature and that's their problem, learn to block any hurtful comments they make. This is something that, unfortunately, will probably happen throughout your life. It's just one of those hurtles you have to get over, and if you learn to not let it bother you, more power to you. People put you down because they want to feel better about themselves. Often people act like that because their own life is so bad that they have to let their frustration out in some way or another. If they don't get a reaction out of you, it's not fun for them, and they will stop.

Hope this helps :) ~Brandon

supersonic92 wrote:

Ever heard the saying, 'sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me'?
      Try having that mentality; if you don't let them bother you then they will eventually get tired of trying and it will stop. What someone else thinks of you does not matter, it's only their opinion, especially if they don't really know you. Don't take what they say to heart, show them you're better than that, that you are above them by ignoring them. They are being immature and that's their problem, learn to block any hurtful comments they make. This is something that, unfortunately, will probably happen throughout your life. It's just one of those hurtles you have to get over, and if you learn to not let it bother you, more power to you. People put you down because they want to feel better about themselves. Often people act like that because their own life is so bad that they have to let their frustration out in some way or another. If they don't get a reaction out of you, it's not fun for them, and they will stop.

Hope this helps :) ~Brandon

Jasmine wrote:

I don't think you should do anything. Retaliating will probably just make it worse and if you show them in any way how much it bothers you, they'll keep doing it. You have to just ignore them. Next time, just keep walking and don't even listen to them. You are the only person that can make yourself feel inferior, no one else. It's just up to you not letting it get to you. Now, I know that it's easier said than done and it will take time for you to develop a 'tougher skin', but it is possible. Remember, you don't even know these people, which probably means they don't even know you. So, their words should not and do not mean anything to you. Keep that in mind when you feel like it's starting to bother you. You have friends so, just try not to worry about it. Your friends are the ones who really know you, not these people.

I suggest you don't listen and don't think about what they're saying. Eventually, if you keep ignoring them, they'll get tired of it and move on. No one can really give you a tougher skin, it's just something you have to develop on your own. Forget what people are saying and focus on your friends and the other good things you have going. They're not worth your time or tears. If things start getting out of hand, seek help from a teacher or someone like that.

I hope this helped.

Both of these are real good advice
      Another thing is that being called names and stuff is part of life. Nobody in the world is perfect and just because they call you names doesn't make them any better in anything. Being called name is just part of life that lots of people have to deal with and the best option is to ignore it.

He found out and now he treats you like that? I don't think that's right of anyone to do that to someone who likes them. Maybe he does that because everyone else does and he doesn't want to be seen being nice to you or something? Peer pressure can do a lot to someone, especially concerning high school crushes.

They're looking for a reaction. Simply, do not give them one. By doing so, you're letting them win. Just go about your business, and choose to rise above their negativity.
      [CENTER]we fucked our ears-we fucked our throats
      screaming for the sake of what we love most
      lose your voice and make it hurt

[/CENTER]

As you said, you don't know these people, so they don't know you. They obviously don't know anything about who you are or what you're like, they just get their kicks out of being nasty to people, so don't take anything personally. At the end of the day, know that you're better than them. They're being horrible to you for their own amusement, and that's just not fair in the slightest. As people have said, just ignore them. They'll eventually stop doing it and it won't be long before you never have to see them again. That's what I always thought when one guy was mean to me a couple of years ago. All the while I knew that I was better than him and that I would have a better life than him, and you know, it 's true. He's now left school and has a terrible job and he'll go nowhere with his life, but I have friends and my life is good, and I know I have good things ahead of me. When I say think you're better than them I don't mean it in an egotistical way, just in the way that you know you're a better person than them, and you'll likely go much further in life than they will. In the end you'll be the winner.

Lostandforgotten wrote:

I would like someone to help me here. I've been getting some bad comments from people I don't know in my school. They would throw words at me and stuff when I'm right in front of my friends and I get so embarrassed. I take on the comments so much until it makes me cry myself to sleep. Please please please, help me...I can't do anything to them because although they do me that I respect them. Please give me some advice on what to do the next time(which unfortunately might be every school day until August) they teases me or embarrasses me.

PS-Please don't tell me talk to them. They'll just embarrass me even more....

What Mean and hurtful things do they say princess? x

hmm this took me years to accomplish but what i would suggest is staying true to yourself don't change who u are to fit someone else form of normal thats not cool at all. be you. be yourself. your friends still love you regardless. just tell them stfu (if you jus really get fed up one day) and go about your life cuz think about it once yall graduate you won't see them again. just try and do you hun. i kno its gonna be hard i've been there and those lonely nights are not fun but just try and go about your business. everyone has haters in the world but its your haters taht make you famous lol :) i hope things get better sweetheart