"best friend" problem

• "best friend" problem

right now this may be a little complicated, so please read it all. ive had this fraind. in school, we were very very close. she has led me on and used my trust a couple of times
      however, about a year ago, we started to drift apart, as her new boyfriend was manipulating her and turned her against me. she finally trusted me 6 months ago and told me she had been beating her.
      so i got pissed of and sent a text to her boyfriend telling him to stop or i would go to the police. i also told my best friend she had a week to tell someone or i would.
      during that week, however her boyfriend started to place mistrust between me and her mum, so that when the week was up and i told my best mates mum about my best mates boyfreind beating her. but she didnt trust me, and belived that i had a vendetta against him.she threatened to report me to the police for harrasment.
      so 2 weeks after that my best mate said that she came clean and admitted it all and i asked her to get her mum to phone my sister to assure us both that i wouldnt be arrested for speaking to her. there was no phone call, but she turned up to my 18th(5 months after everything). i didnt invite her but i was glad she was there. that night someone claimed that she was still going out with the boyfriend who beat her. before i got a chance to confront her about it, the boyfriend comitted suicide. ive seen my friends and it is so obvious that they were still going out. she still hasnt put an effort to try and restore our friendship, and i dont know what to do anymore. she lied to me for 6 monts when i tried to help her. and she went to huge lengs to hide it from me. and she allowed it to get to a point where her mother was threataning to get me arrested. everyone is saying i need to just break off from her, but i dont want to,and im worried that she will need me, and i always said i would be there for her, no mater what.yet i know i cant trust her anymore. what do i do?
    • Re: "best friend" problem

If you believe that you can be there for her whenever she needs you, then take it to heart and follow through, to the best of your ability. If she has no desire to rekindle whatever friendship you had then you're somewhat stuck for the moment, but time changes things, it may not be healing, but things definitely change. I would recommend telling her how you feel, and if she reacts negatively like she doesn't want anything to do with you, just be tolerant of the fact she's pissed and back off for a little while, you know what I'm sayin'? Always be there for her, whether she knows it or not.
    • Re: "best friend" problem

I agree with dave, i would stick around and be her mate, just try not to impose friendship upon her if she doesnt want it. You guys have been best mates once, and even if your not now, that will mean something to her.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER]

prettygirl0725;2048435 wrote:

Just remember, things fall apart, so that better things can fall together.
      [/CENTER]