Losing Friends

• Losing Friends

So i have a little boy who's 6 months old.
      However i'm only 16 myself. I got bullied at school, and most my friends turned two faced, talking about me behind my back.

I started college for a little while, but i was too scared to tell anyone about him. One girl i met asked about him as she saw a photo of him and i couldnt tell her. I told her i didnt want to talk about it. I hadn't known her for long and i didnt want her to look down on me as she was the only 'friend' i had at that college. I'm not ashamed of him or anything like that. I love him with all my heart and i would do anything for him. But i just couldnt go through that again.
      I've left now though and got a part time job in a shop with my aunt near where i live.

Now i have no friends so i'm stuck at home all the time. It just gets abit overwhelming. I need a break sometimes, but i also want Zak to meet new people.

Does anyone else with kids have the same problem? Or know a way around this without people thinking badly of you and looking down their nose at you?

x
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Zachary Jayden, My precious little [/SIZE][SIZE=3]man, I love you with all my heart ♥[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: Losing Friends

First off, your former "friends" were pathetic losers. A friend is someone that is trustworthy and will help you through the bad times or when you need all the help you can get. If someone is talking about you behind your back due to the fact that you had a baby at a young age, that shows that they weren't even meant to be associated with. A true friend will stay by you. As for your college friend, you should have told her. You said you are not ashamed of your baby boy but let everyone know that it might have been a mistake to have him but your love for him is undeniable and no one will lessen your love for him. Show everyone that you are proud of your son. Forget what other people say because you may know that yeah you might have had sex at a young age but what happened, happened. You can't go back and change the past.

There are great sites out there that help with young teenage mothers and you might find one that is in your area. Go out and have fun, go to a club once in awhile. Just because you are a mother doesn't mean you are in a jail cell 24 hours of the day. Do something fun, take a stroll in the park. Try meeting new people no matter where you are :) However, don't forget that you have a son at home because some mothers take the freedom a little over the max so just have some limits but still break your social barriers.

Best of luck,
      Bre
    • Re: Losing Friends

I'm sorry to hear that your friends turned their backs on you, especially when you needed their support the most. To be honest people are gonna talk either way, whether it's good or bad and it's a fact about life. You don't necessarily have to come out and announce that you have a baby since it's no ones business but your own and your decision to tell others about it. In my opinion if someone asks or brings up the topic then you can confirm what they ask or just say yeah you have a baby and see what they do from there. If they genuinely seem interested and aren't just asking to find out to pique their curiosity then you can let them know what happened and not have to go into full detail. A lot of girls lose friends when they realize they're gonna be a mom but it's not their fault and it isn't yours either, most girls shy away from the situation because it's how they were brought up or they have opinions of their own that unfortunate;y can't be changed by no one but themselves. Hope this helps ^^.