-prom-

• ok so this has nothing to do abt dating or anything but it fit better here..

so our school prom is coming up. about a month ago I asked my bestfriend to go with me and he said yes. he acted the same (I.e. txting me and talking to me) then one of his friends which is kinda my friend found out we were goin together an she was mad. so abt two wks ago he quit txting me.unless I txt him first. which I wont do anymore. so idk wat his problem is.. I do NOT like him as any more than a friend.I admit.if he wants to be more maybe I will consider it (strongly) cuz I mean he's a great guy. but now his friend tht was mad at me told me abt three wks ago then the same thing today tht he thinks I like him. but I don't!! so is he acting differently cuz of tht or do u think that other girl said something to him? ughh..I'm at the point where I don't even want to go to prom anymore! there's so much dayum drama for just one night!! so wat should I do? act like it doesn't even bother me? and we won't have corsages and stuf cuz he said just don't worry about flowers.. so yea.I just had to rant cuz iv had a bad day.
      if anyone would like to give me advice pleassssse do!! thanks in advance!!!
    • prom is definitely so much more trouble than its worth. what is even the point? i went to two proms and honestly now i wish i hadnt and wouldve just saved my money and stayed home. i have more fun on any given normal night than i did at either prom. anyways, im sure you really care about that. lol. just ask him if he still wants to even go and see what he says.if its just gonna be a bunch of drama then id just forget the whole thing.
    • lol. any I don't care hearing prom stories.lol.. and I did ask him if he stil wanted to go with me but that was abt 4 wks ago.I said Ive heard rumors u don't want to go with me cuz thts wat his/my friend said. obiviously she isn't much of a friend but he said no I want to go with you. so idk..

and now! I forgot to mention.the same girl I hav been talking about said to me.. he(my date) is gona walk you(me) out for senior callouts then he's gonna walk me(the friend) out too.. not asking if I was ok with it..telling me! ugh.tht made me livid! lol..

anyways thanks for the advice!!
    • I think maybe the other girl had something to with it but you should talk to him and be like bitch whats ur problem lol jk ne-ways seriously find out whats wrong and maybe things will get better
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      I'll be waiting wen u get back .♥Semper♥.♥Fidelis♥.
    • well we used to talk all the time but two weeks ago he quit texting me.he only talks to me at school now. =[

since he is driving pretty far to come get me I told him we can do wat he wants to do before and after. he told me today he wanted to go to a friends(jill) house to change then go to hooters. I was like ok but if I kill her and her friend(Erin) I'm sorry.he was like why would you and I said jus cuz they r drama queens and one of them don't like me. so he didn't reply. and I was like ok whatever. so i'm jus like idk anymore

and I'm not having a corsage cuz he said jus don't worry about them =[

so I'm just starting to regret even asking him.but he such a good guy! but I think I have made a mistake.

and this girl Erin liked him!!!! I finally figured it out!! lol

so anyone else wana give me some more advice? =] plz and thank u!
    • You say that, your "friend" told You, he thinks You like him? Well if that is the case, and your not really into him in that sort of way, and you enjoy just being friends more. Then it sounds to me like you just need to get that across to this guy. He might be, being quiet since he's worried he has given you incorrect signals to make you think he likes You.

So yeah, I would just slot into the conversation, how apparently you've heard from someone that he thinks You like him, but what nonsence that is and how you would much rather just be friends. That's why you asked him to Prom! So just set him straight. Hopefully he will come around and realise that this other girl, (who is not much of a friend to you,) is lying.

Although there might be an issue if he has feelings for you, he would be gutted to hear he's stuck in the friend-zone ;)

So you can ask for all the advice in the world, and even hope it sorts itself out. But until you actually tell him everything and how you feel, things will continue to be awkward. I'm sure he will understand everything once you have explained, especially since he's such a good guy.
    • ugh! so hard! I have already thought about telling him I like being friends and want to stay that way but if there is even a slight chance he likes me(highly doubted,sadly) then I ruin that. so I'm stuck!

I asked tht girl tht I think likes him if she did tonite and boy did she get on the offensive side.I really think she does cuz when people ask me if I like somebody I laugh it off not send a five page text explaining themselves! lmao.. that amused me..

I'm not sure if I should just lev things alone and see how things go tht nite.cuz we will have the car ride to the prom then the car ride home to talk. o and ugh. I have no clue why but I get nervous sometimes talking to him! I don't understand myself it's like I'm contradicting everything I say and I don't mean to. but what is some things I could talk about while driving to prom and to restuarant to eat? on the way home I can think of stuff by then.lol.

I am hoping this works out. we have been friends for almost two years now. and I don't want to ruin that but I think it has already been ruined by some lil bitches.lol

thanks guys for your help! I need it.lol
    • southernchick wrote:

wow! those pictures are awesome!! yea our prom can't compare.lol

but guys! help me! what is some conversation starters guys wouldn't think is wierd..??..

thats hard for me.. because i'm a weird guy, well I can talk about random shit with people. Just listen to them talk to others and try to talk about that topic if you know anything about it.. also ask questions about it..especially if they are really into it.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • This is very simple. Just talk to him in person about the situation. It is that easy. If he truly cares for you as a friend, he'll listen. If not, forget him and move on.

Prom isn't really that big of a deal. You pretty much get nothing out of it besides memories? Well, since your a girl I'm pretty sure prom is a big deal.

But yes, just confront him about your problem and he should listen.

I wish you the best of luck.
    • last night was wow..... AMAZING!! me and my date had so much fun! im so glad I went with him. the girl that kept causing drama barely talked to me at least!! afterwards we did not go to hooters we drove around looking for somewheres to eat. his car was the best part! it was awesome!!!! so I just thought I'd let you know I went and I'm glad I did!! he looked beyond handsome! I swear any girl would be lucky to date him!

thanks guys for allll your help!