Nigga... ok? or not?

• Re: Nigga... ok? or not?

Phuck Buddy wrote:

what controversy? You were the only one bitchin about adept saying it? You stirred up the controversy. I'm sure rorei or judecca would agree with you just to make more controversy so I don't care what they say regarding this matter...

I'm sorry. When I read this thread I thought you were meaning in general and not just this site. When I said that I was meaning in the US. It stirs up too much controversy. I'm sure even you would agree with that.
      I'm here, Karla. :]

J.Walker wrote:

Its all about context. Friendly or not. But also the person too. Cause I know people (e.g my mom lol) who don't even like to hear it from other blacks. So yeah. I can't really think of much context for a white person to be honest. Like...its generally hood talk for one thing. Not to mention that in an intellectual discussion its just weird...like, it's not a 'proper' term.

I understand what you are saying here.
      I'm here, Karla. :]

deno70 wrote:

but the point is, a black calls each other nigga all the time, and a wight person would probably be able to call a black person nigga if they are friends with them, once again it is a word that didnt have a racist meaning but because it comes from the blacks being slaves wight people arnt aloude to call them niggas but black people seem to be able to do it without a problem to each other.

right, well being a black person i cant stand it wen i hear the word,what makes it even worse is that black people actually say it to one another in rap songs etc.In Britain however it isnt nearly as prevalent as it is in the US or where ever but still can be an issue.Also like you say it is a word black people were labeled with during slavery so why the hell call each other it now,maybe its just me but the n word is the worst word in the language
      is it just me or are ac.milan the best team in the world?...

African American: Hey Nigga
      African American 2: Hey Nigga
      White dude: What's up mah niggas?
      African American 2: Do you think we black peoplez suffered through 100s of years of slavery to be called a nigga by you people?

Isn't that prejudice in-and-of itself to say it is alright for two African Americans to say it to each other but horrible if a white guy says it?

Explan plz.

Phuck Buddy wrote:

Is nigga ok to say?

no never ever ever. its a hateful word.
      and so is cracker.
      people think im crazy when i say that but they dont know what it really means.
      cracker = crack of a whip.

on the other hand, i think when you're surrounded by friends, and if you know theyre comfortable with the word, then id say its alright.
      but i reeeeeeeeeeally need to know someone before i'll let those words come out of my mouth.
      [CENTER]
      I <3 YOU!
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]www.myspace.com/lucystheman[/CENTER]

chado_52 wrote:

i dont think its ok. its sorta gay how if a white person calls a black person a nigger its rasicts, yet when a black person calls another black person a nigger it's alright. and when a black person calls a white person a cracker or w/e its not rasict.

What!? No one ever said calling white people crackers isn't racist. That's the whole reason the word was invented...a retort for being called nigga. Reverse racism in the most basic. Heard that. Reverse racism. It is racist.

Torn wrote:

African American: Hey Nigga
      African American 2: Hey Nigga
      White dude: What's up mah niggas?
      African American 2: Do you think we black peoplez suffered through 100s of years of slavery to be called a nigga by you people?

Isn't that prejudice in-and-of itself to say it is alright for two African Americans to say it to each other but horrible if a white guy says it?

Explan plz.

Ok. Nigga here iz getting used as a term of familiarity/fraternity/punctions(think man, "dawg", "dude", "you know?"). Now a black man calls another black man nigga. Alright. We're both niggas. We're on the same platform, in the same world and we're talking. See. The white man rolls in and calls the black man nigga(no racism intented0 thatc onnection doesn't exist.

Black guys can't call him nigga back. The familiar link isn't achieved. I know this is really deep and complicated, but it's pretty simple and instinctive in real life situations. like...it happens faster than it takes for me to explain. I'm just disecting, here.

J.Walker wrote:

Ok. Nigga here iz getting used as a term of familiarity/fraternity/punctions(think man, "dawg", "dude", "you know?"). Now a black man calls another black man nigga. Alright. We're both niggas. We're on the same platform, in the same world and we're talking. See. The white man rolls in and calls the black man nigga(no racism intented0 thatc onnection doesn't exist.

Black guys can't call him nigga back. The familiar link isn't achieved. I know this is really deep and complicated, but it's pretty simple and instinctive in real life situations. like...it happens faster than it takes for me to explain. I'm just disecting, here.

Not true. I've found that a lot of black people use 'nigga' as like a term for dude, independent of race. So it all really boils down to the person.

But I think it's bullshit to gang up on a white person for using it (unoffensively). That is racism to me. It's just adding another division line within itself.

chado_52 wrote:

i dont think its ok. its sorta gay how if a white person calls a black person a nigger its rasicts, yet when a black person calls another black person a nigger it's alright. and when a black person calls a white person a cracker or w/e its not rasict.

Saying something is gay could be offensive, because that is saying that being gay is bad, so yeah.

and I have never ever heard a black kid call another black kid "nigger", I've heard "nigga", but not "nigger". That's what the white raceist pieces of shit call black people.
      "I don't give a fuck, God sent me to piss the world off!"
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      langkawi.dk/Smileys-sex.htm
      bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Mattilicious wrote:

Not true. I've found that a lot of black people use 'nigga' as like a term for dude, independent of race. So it all really boils down to the person.

But I think it's bullshit to gang up on a white person for using it (unoffensively). That is racism to me. It's just adding another division line within itself.

That's what i mean when i say punctuation.
      Agreed. It's tough to avoid the akward silences though, especially considering the tention.