Nigga... ok? or not?

• Re: Nigga... ok? or not?

It should be fine for anyone to say or, or nobody at all. Saying "I'm black so I can say it, you're white so you can't" is being racist. The word does have a negative background, so it would be better if nobody could say it, but then freedom of speech comes into play. You're not supposed to swear in public, yet tons of people do anyway.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ryno wrote:

It should be fine for anyone to say or, or nobody at all. Saying "I'm black so I can say it, you're white so you can't" is being racist. The word does have a negative background, so it would be better if nobody could say it, but then freedom of speech comes into play. You're not supposed to swear in public, yet tons of people do anyway.

What the fuck? Swearing is something you don't do in your grandparents house- who told you that you couldn't swear in public?

How old are you?
      I'm here, Karla. :]

Here's a thought,

don't say it.

my friends, my community, we say it, because its part of our culture.

the culture arises from the fact that the name was used in a derogatory term for us so long, that we took the word and made it our own.

Now you can say that's stupid, you can say we're ignorant for doing it, but its OUR culture, many black people don't use the word at all, many do. but don't call a culture stupid simply because you don't agree with its basis. you could call the Chinese culture stupid, and you'd get shot down in minutes by Chinese natives, the Chinese probably think our culture is stupid, proof is Capt. Kuvnutzic or whatever his name is, he has an INTENSE dislike for the American culture, but there's another prime example of not everyone is going to agree with all cultures.

Nigga is a term used within the black community and shouldn't be used outside of it. I'll be honest with you, I'll call my home boy a nigga, I'll call my family (my age) nigga, I'll talk to black people and use the term nigga, but if you are white, and your going to try and say nigga to me, I'll just ask you not to say it again, if you say it again, we'll have problems, and if you go as far to make it a thing where you say it all the time, thats just disrespecting me, and I can promise you your not going to have the same face when we're done.

don't be dumb, plain and simple, 1st, you shouldn't say it because its a sign of disrespect. some black people are fine with it, the VAST MAJORITY aren't, and if your dumb enough to try it with a black man you don't know, I hope you know how to defend yourself.

2nd, for your own safety, the majority of the time, guys that say nigga are either trying to emulate the "hood" culture, or have grown up into it. find a brother from the suburbs, odds are he doesn't say nigga, or even have the same type of mannerisms that a kid from my home city does. either way, if you think you can say the word openly, and you say it in front of a straight true-blood (doesn't mean a blood for y'all that don't know), you'd be lucky to get out of the situation without a bloody nose.

Why do you want to say the word in the first place? this is a stupid argument, a stupid idea, and one that shouldn't be talked about, its as easy as just don't fucking say it. you don't go up to a chinese person and call him a chinc, you don't walk up to a mexican and call him a beaner, you don't walk up to a cuban and say "What up Wet Back!"

The Gary Native wrote:

Here's a thought,

don't say it.

the culture arises from the fact that the name was used in a derogatory term for us so long, that we took the word and made it our own.

Now you can say that's stupid, you can say we're ignorant for doing it, but its OUR culture, many black people don't use the word at all, many do. but don't call a culture stupid simply because you don't agree with its basis. you could call the Chinese culture stupid, and you'd get shot down in minutes by Chinese natives, the Chinese probably think our culture is stupid, proof is Capt. Kuvnutzic or whatever his name is, he has an INTENSE dislike for the American culture, but there's another prime example of not everyone is going to agree with all cultures.

Nigga is a term used within the black community and shouldn't be used outside of it. I'll be honest with you, I'll call my home boy a nigga, I'll call my family (my age) nigga, I'll talk to black people and use the term nigga, but if you are white, and your going to try and say nigga to me, I'll just ask you not to say it again, if you say it again, we'll have problems, and if you go as far to make it a thing where you say it all the time, thats just disrespecting me, and I can promise you your not going to have the same face when we're done.

don't be dumb, plain and simple, 1st, you shouldn't say it because its a sign of disrespect. some black people are fine with it, the VAST MAJORITY aren't, and if your dumb enough to try it with a black man you don't know, I hope you know how to defend yourself.

2nd, for your own safety, the majority of the time, guys that say nigga are either trying to emulate the "hood" culture, or have grown up into it. find a brother from the suburbs, odds are he doesn't say nigga, or even have the same type of mannerisms that a kid from my home city does. either way, if you think you can say the word openly, and you say it in front of a straight true-blood (doesn't mean a blood for y'all that don't know), you'd be lucky to get out of the situation without a bloody nose.

Why do you want to say the word in the first place? this is a stupid argument, a stupid idea, and one that shouldn't be talked about, its as easy as just don't fucking say it. you don't go up to a chinese person and call him a chinc, you don't walk up to a mexican and call him a beaner, you don't walk up to a cuban and say "What up Wet Back!"

I just never understood why the black community started using the word in a positive way, I mean Mexicans don't go around calling each other wet-back or say" What's up my beaner," Chinese people don't call each other chinks, etc. I can understand calling another black person brother, but why call him by a negative term like nigga? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just don't get it.

The Gary Native wrote:

you could call the Chinese culture stupid, and you'd get shot down in minutes by Chinese natives, the Chinese probably think our culture is stupid,

And.

The Gary Native wrote:

you don't go up to a chinese person and call him a chinc,

Nothing will happen if you call a Chinese guy a chink.

He will probably wear glasses with his book and probably not have the balls or courage to fight you or whatever.

The Gary Native wrote:

proof is Capt. Kuvnutzic or whatever his name is, he has an INTENSE dislike for the American culture, but there's another prime example of not everyone is going to agree with all cultures.

Ah hah.
      Nice guys talk because they have something to say; pick-up artists talk because they have to say something.

The Gary Native wrote:

Here's a thought,

don't say it.

That's pretty damn hypocritical. Blacks can say nigga but whites can't? Blacks sure as hell call white people crackers, but white people can't call black people niggas? That's a big double standard there buddy, and you need to wake your hypocritical ass up.
      I'm Proud to be an American.
      Pro-Choice Before Conception, Pro-Life After.
      A person cannot help what they Feel, only what they Do.
      You will never find proof of a god... because it's Faith

I don't like the word used the way it has been used. If I, a white girl, can not say it, but a black guy or girl can, that's totally unfair. Either no one can say it or we all can.

I personally believe words are as powerful as you let them become. Who decided SHIT was a bad word, but CRAP wasn't? That's something I've always found strange.

asoiafdude wrote:

That's pretty damn hypocritical. Blacks can say nigga but whites can't? Blacks sure as hell call white people crackers, but white people can't call black people niggas? That's a big double standard there buddy, and you need to wake your hypocritical ass up.

cracker is a joke, even if you were in some kind of altercation with a black man and he called you a cracker, its no where near the level of you calling him a nigger, and you know it.

I said its culture, I don't want to hear you say it, because you have no right to say it. you can call it hypocritical, you can call it stupid, but that's just the way it is.

I don't see why white people want to say nigga anyway.
      [CENTER]Sometimes The truth hurts
      I still crack domes for fun though

[/CENTER]

There's a difference between 'I hate niggahs.' and 'WHATSUP NIGGAH?'

I toss around it, I don't do it to be offensive. (Infact, I sorta like blacks in my school more then whites, there are so much nicer and funnier xD. 2 periods ago this really funny kid next to me (who's black) was being his funny self and was calling me a niggah and stuff. It was funny xD)

I get called a cracker or a jewbag daily. You guys really need to be less sensitive. If I get called a jewbag, I laugh. I mean common. Jewbag. thats funny stuff.

Comon people =[

Phuck Buddy wrote:

Starting a new thread because it was interfering with another thread.

Is nigga ok to say? Does the context matter? Does it matter if you're white, african american, etc saying it to a white, african american, etc person?

"Nigger" is not a nice word, and should not be used in my opinion as it relates black people as being American slaves.
      [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]If you think i make a useful/good comment (very unlikely) plz + rep me :)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Sorry if my comments are a bit harsh/blunt, Reality hurts[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    • well it's something that can become a habit to people who use the word, so best not start!
      plus there's a lot better ways to adress/reffer to a person
      i'm not keen on the thing with some circles that gives a message like ohh we'll call each other niggers long as no white people say it to us i would preffer if it wasnt used anymore