Hard Situation. Please Help.

• Hard Situation. Please Help.

Hi...I know I'm new here, and I will probably sound like a noob, but please, just listen to what I have to say.

I'm a typical middle school guy with hobbies such as trading card games, jamming with friends, etc. I enjoy musical theatre alot, I like the art of music, math, and so on. I care for my friends, I enjoy hanging out with them, and for the record, I'm actually pretty darn smart. (not to brag, you'll see why this is a problem.)

So there's this girl in my Musical Theatre class that I'm attracted to. We've known each-other for about 3 years, done shows together, but we're only really semi friends. Sure, we chat from time to time, but she generally talks with other people.

Then, there's also the fact that as a result of my smartness (is that even a word?), I'll be going to a different school next five years (Sep 2010 - May 2016), and in a matter of two months, I'll probably never see her again.

The thing is, I want to say to her that I like her, but the burden is wearing off on me, sometimes making me unable to go to sleep. But even if I tell her that I like her, and she for some reason likes me back, then I really can't do anything about it, because of the fact that I can't see her. And as a humane person, I don't want her to feel sadness, so I'm sorta compelled to keep it quiet. But then I still have the burden issue, etc.

So what should I do? I'm trying to figure out a way to make it so that both of us can be happy, but I can't figure it out...

Thank you for spending your time listening to my story, and thanks in advance for helping me with this. I trust you all; you seem like a reasonable community.

-Flufferball

---

Additional Detail:

Distance from the school where she would be going to where I would be going: 12.9 miles

Distance from houses: 52.7 miles

And I do not drive.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flufferball: Added additional information ().

• Re: Hard Situation. Please Help.

I'll be able to help more once I know, how far away is the school you'll be going to next year away from your current school?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

This is just a "if I were in your shoes" opinion, and obviously you should do whatever you think feels right.

If I were you, I would let her know that you like her. I know from experience theres nothing worse then letting your feelings go without expression. If you don't tell her how you feel, you may never get the chance to. I know that living with that, the thoughts of what could of/should of/would of happened, are impossible to get out of your head. If everything works out for the best, you guys would still have 4-5 months together. It may be short, but it'll be well lived.

I know it may seem impossible, but you guys could still see each other after you go to a new school. Maybe not as often as you used to (everyday) but things are possible.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Honestly, thank you so much for your reply. It means a lot to me.

As for the suggestion, I will definitely consider it.

Reminds me of something she once said, actually. "Don't worry if the outcome is good or bad, just make sure that you don't regret anything."

But that's getting off-topic, really.

Anyway, thanks you!

-Flufferball

You're welcome :) I really hope everything works out. Keep me up to date please? I'd love to know what you end up doing, and if you do choose to tell her, how things end up going with that. I'm always here if you want to PM me or just talk.

-J.K. Rowling