Depressed

• First off, I'm not looking for attention, I'm looking for help.
      About a month ago I asked the girl that I've liked for the past four years to prom. Last Monday she dumped me without any warning at all, saying that we were having problems and it wasn't working out. I had no idea that any of this was going to happen. I already had my tux paid for to match her dress. It completely shocked me. Then she started spreading lies and rumors around the school about me of how I was a liar and only wanted her for her body and other things. I feel like the last four years of my life were wasted just to have someone break my heart and spread malicious rumors. If I knew it was going to end like that I never would have wasted my time. I've been depressed this last week, and now I just learned that my friend (who is bi) met someone his age that goes to his school that is bi too. This wouldn't bother me so much but I'm bi myself and I've spent the last five years of my life looking for someone that lives close to me who is also bi that I could be friends with. He is 13 and he finds someone while I'm 17 and can't get anyone at all. I can't relate who I really am in real life to someone without the fear of being rejected and losing friends. I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from with this. Now the girl who I want to ask to prom instead is ignoring me and she isn't even going with anyone at all. I can never cut a break and be happy with someone in my life. I've never felt this way before and I don't like the way I'm feeling, but I'm extremely depressed and feel like I'm not cut out for this life. It wasn't meant for me. Everyone else is happy while I have to smile and nod and pretend everything is ok when it really isn't. I feel like I shouldn't be here...I wasn't meant to be in this world.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=3]óÓÒò[/SIZE][SIZE=3] PROUD FURRY[/SIZE][SIZE=3] óÓÒò[/SIZE]

• Re: Depressed

Suicide Season wrote:

First off, I'm not looking for attention, I'm looking for help.
      About a month ago I asked the girl that I've liked for the past four years to prom. Last Monday she dumped me without any warning at all, saying that we were having problems and it wasn't working out. I had no idea that any of this was going to happen. I already had my tux paid for to match her dress. It completely shocked me. Then she started spreading lies and rumors around the school about me of how I was a liar and only wanted her for her body and other things. I feel like the last four years of my life were wasted just to have someone break my heart and spread malicious rumors. If I knew it was going to end like that I never would have wasted my time. I've been depressed this last week, and now I just learned that my friend (who is bi) met someone his age that goes to his school that is bi too. This wouldn't bother me so much but I'm bi myself and I've spent the last five years of my life looking for someone that lives close to me who is also bi that I could be friends with. He is 13 and he finds someone while I'm 17 and can't get anyone at all. I can't relate who I really am in real life to someone without the fear of being rejected and losing friends. I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from with this. Now the girl who I want to ask to prom instead is ignoring me and she isn't even going with anyone at all. I can never cut a break and be happy with someone in my life. I've never felt this way before and I don't like the way I'm feeling, but I'm extremely depressed and feel like I'm not cut out for this life. It wasn't meant for me.

I can understand your frustration and disappointment. This, believe it or not is part of the human experience of living. Of course if you knew that this was going to happen you would had not been part of it. But the reality is that no one will ever know when they start a relationship that it will not work out.
      That's just not how it works.

Relax, you are young. Instead of thinking that this was a total failure think of it as a learning experience. I hear people say that 'what is not to be is for a good reason'. I know you dont want to hear that because you are very hurt and angry and depressed but its not the end of the world even if you think it is. And believe me you are NOT the only one in the world that has been trough this..

Suicide Season wrote:

Everyone else is happy while I have to smile and nod and pretend everything is ok when it really isn't. I feel like I shouldn't be here...I wasn't meant to be in this world.

Are you kidding me? Saying 'everyone else is happy' is a huge over-generalization that only makes you feel worse. I will be choked to find that 15% of the worlds population is "Happy." No one feels happy all the time and we all have problems to deal with every day

Don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself the opportunity to both lose and win. Although in the end you will see that the real winner will be you.

Dont fall in the trap of the 'what could had been', "what will not be." That will only fuel your depressive feelings.

This too will pass if you don't give in to it.

Be patient with yourself and allow yourself to experience these feelings. If you need to talk or express yourself do so with as many people you trust that you know will help you. It always feels good to be heard and understood.

The post was edited 3 times, last by PhillyStorm: Adding info ().

There are no right or wrong reason to be depressed Amando. You can't tell someone what they should feel. Depression can effect everyone for the smallest of reasons.

I second what PhillyStorm said. Don't be so hard on yourself. There will always be things like this that happen and it happens to a lot of people. You'll always have to deal with people who drop and back-stab you for no reason, but I guess it's a part of growing up.

Is there absolutely nobody you can talk to like parents? Talking about thing always help and it's good that you posted here, it's a start :)
      Basically... it's hard to go through life without having rumors spread about you and without being played around by other people but at the end of the day they want to see you hurt by it. You can't show that. The least you can do is put on a brave face. Relationships can be tricky and there will be a lot of successes and failures before you're happy but you just gotta learn from the experiences.

Take care.
      xox

The post was edited 1 time, last by superhuman ().

amando96 wrote:

Okay, those are not really reasons to be ''depressed'', is everything ok at home? if you're depressed just from those, you're not depressed, simply sad, and slightly disappointed with that girl.
      which is perfectly understandable, she did something quite bad, and bitchy.

Yeah umm, nothing has to be going on at home for someone to be depressed. He feels what he feels, and you can't say what is and what isn't for someone else. And besides, from what he says, someone could likely get depressed from this situation.

Anyway, like others have said, there still the rest of your life. Now your friend just got a lucky break. You'll get yours too. My friend is your age, and he's bi too. He has yet to make a friend who is bi as well.
      I know it may be hard, but take your friend's luck as hope for yourself. If they can find someone else their age, then you will too. I know you will, because you're young, and you have the rest of your life.

As for the prom, that does suck. I say talk to the girl. Ask why she did that. Tell her that you really liked her, and that she's wrong about you. And for those who believe her, they don't really know you.
      For the other girl you may want to as to the prom, perhaps you can get her alone, and explain what happened. Say that you have no clue why she would say something like that, it's not true, and that I'd really like to go with you. I want you to get to know me and see that I'm not the guy she says I am. It may work, give it a try. Point out she's not going with anyone and say it's worth a shot for the both of you.

As for everyone being happy, I can assure you, more than half the people you see are doing the exact same thing. Putting on that fake smile for their friends, and just trying to get through the day. Everyone has days, weeks, or even months like that.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]