Addicted to Theft/Robbery?

• Addicted to Theft/Robbery?

For about a year now, things have been going alright. However, in reality things aren't quite as perfect as you'd think. I've pulled a couple of missions (slang for armed robbery) on some stores. I've also stole some things from my school. I haven't been caught yet, and (if.. or when...) I do, i'd be in some heavy shit.

I just want to know, is it possible to be addicted to theft/robbery? I find every time I do these things, the personal gain just feels good. And if so, is there anyway to actually treat this or prevent it. If you think about it in a sense, you always have to fill your urge. My urge is different from most (addiction to smoking etc...), my urge is basically to do crime. I really, really want to stop this before it takes me in the wrong path and before I get in some serious trouble.

I'm open to many people's opinions. :hugs:
    • Re: Addicted to Theft/Robbery?

You are the definition of a kleptomaniac. It is an addiction and it is surprisingly common. The only course of treatment is counseling and lots of work on impulse control. You don't need to steal and you can find that rush somewhere else, you just have to realize this and work on stopping yourself before you commit a crime.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"What we do in life echoes in ete[/SIZE][SIZE=3]rnity."[/SIZE]
      ~ Maximus from The Gladiator[/CENTER]

Maximus1991 wrote:

You are the definition of a kleptomaniac. It is an addiction and it is surprisingly common. The only course of treatment is counseling and lots of work on impulse control. You don't need to steal and you can find that rush somewhere else, you just have to realize this and work on stopping yourself before you commit a crime.

Are there certain levels of kleptomaniacs? More serious ones etc..?

Red Stripe wrote:

I have robbed some places before.. I did not feel good a couple days later, I felt sick to my stomach thinking I would get caught.

That's slightly similar to what I feel although when you have a high self confidence, it overshadows that sense of getting caught.

I find every time I do these things, the personal gain just feels good. And if so, is there anyway to actually treat this or prevent it. If you think about it in a sense, you always have to fill your urge. My urge is different from most (addiction to smoking etc...), my urge is basically to do crime. I really, really want to stop this before it takes me in the wrong path and before I get in some serious trouble.

Well, it is like an addiction. It's an adrenaline rush, and possibly other chemicals rushing through your body as well.

You can get this multiple ways. When I was playing capture the flag, and managed to get away and capture it, I got that rush.

Yeah, although I'm sure there still different feeling a bit.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]They see me trollin'...they hatin'... Moderatin'...Tryna catch me writin dirty.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]