Scammers hit Yahoo email addresses

• Scammers hit Yahoo email addresses

If you get similar to this in your Yahoo inbox, do not respond to it.

Notification of a change to your Disposable Email address...
      To:

You may have been receiving emails to your Disposable Email Address with other Yahoo! domains, even though your email address ends with @yahoo.co.uk. In order to improve the accuracy of emails received by you in your right accounts, you will no longer be receiving emails to any other domain that you did not sign up with. You will only receive emails to your Disposable Email Address: strippergurl2000-[keyword]@yahoo.co.uk.

Please make sure you provide the right Disposable Email Addresses so you continue to receive emails.

To confirm your existing Disposable Email Address:
      1. In Yahoo! Mail, go to “Options,” then “More Options”
      2. From the menu on the left, click “Disposable Email Address.” If you don't see this option, click “Spam” and “Set up a disposable address”.

Thank you,
      Yahoo! Mail Team

This is a scam. It came from yahoo-INC.com. Which is nothing to do with Yahoo.com. People try to make them look almost like a full on real email to catch people off guard, so be watchful.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • Re: Scammers hit Yahoo email addresses

You're welcome. We can never be too careful. I blocked the yahoo-inc but have since snouted around to find similar peeps' troubles in Yahoo Answers.

I keep getting emails like these.. this is the 3rd 1 in less than an hr. I don't have "extra" email accounts? - Yahoo! Answers

Guess it's pretty widespread, then. :)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.