Expressing Through Film

• Expressing Through Film

I love making films, its what I'm doing when I graduate from high school. :D

I just thought I'd share a film I made; it's meant to be a calming, peaceful film (I tried to make it look like a film called Baraka). I made it for one of my courses; my biggest mistake while filming was not having a tripod (in two scenes this will be very noticeable) but I think you'll all still like it!

Feedback is great, tell me what you think :)

Note: I'm not advertising myself for subscribers, merely sharing a film I loved making.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x1UYhd1aJ0']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
    • Re: Expressing Through Film

What exactly are you trying to convey with the video? Maybe, are you trying to give people outside of where you live a look into your environment?

Also, why did you choose to name it Baraka?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]

too much camera movement.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

The scene with the people's faces is kinda awkward.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

The scene with the people's faces is kinda awkward.
      [FONT="System"][SIZE="4"]I find it funny that thing that built me up,
      is the same thing that broke me down.[/SIZE][/FONT]

oh thank you i've been looking for another filmmaker on this board forever!!

Big piece of advice from someone near the end of a film degree. DONT DO ONE
      although you are in canada so it might be different.

Im having so much political shit at uni but im too close to the end to quit, it'd be a waste of money.

Do yourself a favor: read "Rebel Without a Crew" by Robert Rodriguez
      [CENTER]"Things fall down, people look up, And when it rains, it pours"
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by director91 ().

dreamer, have you ever seen the movie called baraka? if you have seen it, then the scenes with the cameras showing people's faces would not seem so awkward because in the actual movie they did a lot of that (with people from different areas of the world). and obviously there's a lot of camera movement, he stated in the first post that he did not have a tripod haha

Thank you Kaitlin, hmm, what I'm trying to convey.. I don't really feel like every film needs a message, I just made it so show the beauty in everyday things I guess.

But the thing with films like Baraka, you make your own conclusion to what you think the films about. Anyways; thanks for watching :)

(I really recommend you guys watch Baraka)

kingz1032 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what happens in the last song? I am really into expressing through film also, and I know that has a really deep meaning. I read the book, I just want to see how the movie ended... if it was just as deep and meaningful or if the directors altered it at all!

Thanks!:love1:

Nicholas Sparks, deep meaning....
      there's a lot of guesswork in that question :P

kingz1032 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what happens in the last song? I am really into expressing through film also, and I know that has a really deep meaning. I read the book, I just want to see how the movie ended... if it was just as deep and meaningful or if the directors altered it at all!

Thanks!:love1:

and how does the last song relate to this thread?

Dayved wrote:

I love making films, its what I'm doing when I graduate from high school. :D

I used to want to do it too. I've joined production before, and I love making things up, directing, etc etc etc. I considered going to film school, or even just doing film studies.

But after film school? What do I do next?

so yeah i gave it up, i'm not gonna make it as a primary source of living
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CornFlakes wrote:

Great video. Shame there isn't many people like you in this world.
      Awesome. :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Zigazig Ah wrote:

I used to want to do it too. I've joined production before, and I love making things up, directing, etc etc etc. I considered going to film school, or even just doing film studies.

Yeah I know I'm taking a risk of like... living on the street; but I'm so far in I can't stop now, I'm gonna take a chance and see where it gets me. There's several courses I'm taking that prepare me for graduation so I hope that helps me figure out what's next; thanks for the post :)

Zigazig Ah wrote:

So you gave it up cause you were unsure.....

One thing you need to know is that you don't want any regrets in life, you don't want to turn 70 and think shit what if i could have made it as a director
      to quote a little known film:
      "No offense, Harrison. But you died a failure because you never tried." - Robert Downey Junior, Heart And Souls.

and David, that's the kind of attitude you need!!!!