Don't tell me how stupid I am but...

• Don't tell me how stupid I am but...

I want a baby. This may sound stupid to the guys out there, but I know I'm meant to be a mother. I believe I have two purposes being here.
      Number One: Loving my boyfriend with all my heart and soul.
      Number Two: Being a mom; bringing a beautiful piece of heaven onto the earth.
      The thing is, my boyfriend already has a baby with his ex. She broke up with him because she was a golddigger and she once asked for $600 so she could go shopping (not even for the baby, just for herself) and he told her no, he didn't want to give her money unless it was going towards the good of the child. She's really an evil person. She won't let us see his daughter because I smoke and I'm bipolar. Ok, first of all I'm not an idiot, I know not to smoke around kids. And second of all, yeah, I'm bipolar, but who the hell ISN'T these days? I don't have crazy psycho freakouts on random people at random times.
      Anyway yeah, he pays child support and stuff but this has pretty much scarred him emotionally, not to mention this happened so sudden with his ex; he wasn't ready for a baby AT ALL. He's only 20, turning 21.
      So yeah needless to say, he doesn't want a baby yet. I'm just really antsy to have one, I don't know what to do. I guess I'm posting this because I need support from some girls who are understanding of what I'm going through.
      Thanks!

-Amber
    • Re: Don't tell me how stupid I am but...

how seriuos is the relationship? and I understand how he feels, he doesn't want another mother using his kid for money ect.
      I think its important for you both to want to bring another innocent being into the world.
      [FONT="System"][SIZE="4"]I find it funny that thing that built me up,
      is the same thing that broke me down.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I would talk to him. tell him that you cant wait to have a baby, but that you want to have one with HIM. and when HES ready so he will be an amazing father with you.

then listen to what he thinks and what hes afraid of and try to help him through it.
      Also, ask him whether he wants to spend more time with his child, and if he does, help him fight for it even if it comes to court. (I know it seems unlikely that the FATHER will win in such cases, but more and more courts are changing to make sure the child is in the best situation it can be in, and be able to be in contact with both parents)

And maybe its just not your time yet. you WILL have a child one day just maybe not RIGHT NOW. :] it'll work out.

if it makes you feel better, i cannot WAIIIITTTTTT to have a baby and im only 16. i have such a long way to go before i can be a mother, but i want to be one so badly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by soccerexplosion5 ().

I know he wants to see her, and we've gone to court for it. The other girl keeps coming up with excuses why she can't show up so they can't do anything about it. She said she wants him to sign off on the baby and I told him in my opinion it's not a bad idea because he shouldn't have to pay child support for a kid she won't even let him see. She wouldn't even let him hold her in the delivery room the first day she was born.
      [FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever;
      <3 Amber + Stephen; 11.15.09[/COLOR][/FONT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AmberS9109 wrote:

I know he wants to see her, and we've gone to court for it. The other girl keeps coming up with excuses why she can't show up so they can't do anything about it. She said she wants him to sign off on the baby and I told him in my opinion it's not a bad idea because he shouldn't have to pay child support for a kid she won't even let him see. She wouldn't even let him hold her in the delivery room the first day she was born.

Are you sure there aren't underlying reasons why she won't let your boyfriend see his kid?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Yes, I'm completely sure. I've been with him since his daughter was born, and I've read every text, every Facebook and MySpace message between the two of them. I've also messaged her myself a couple times, and she's been nothing but a complete bitch to me, just like she is to him.
      [FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever;
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Before you even consider it, you need to be around children as much as you possibly can. Get your hands on any babysitting jobs you see, work in a kid's camp if possible. Offer to take care of your relative's children when they go on vacation, etc. Being around children is almost always different from what we think it will be like. Have you ever had a pet, preferably more than one and something that doesn't live in a cage or tank? Have you even thought about the money you'll need, and what you want to do about your career/education? Why not wait until you get married?
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

The post was edited 2 times, last by isitso ().

I've been around kids my whole life, I have three little brothers and a little sister, not to mention I'm the oldest out of all of my cousins and I took care of my friends' kids when they had them.
      Yes, I've had pets. I've had 5 dogs, 7 cats, and 3 rabbits. Not at the same time, of course.
      Yes, I know what kind of money I'll need. I don't want to have to steal diapers from the store like my friend did just so her son would have clean ones.
      I've given thought to all of this, trust me.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, okay first you aren't stupid it's not stupid to want to be a mom. However this seems like a really stressful point in your boyfriends life and with trying to fight for custody for his first daughter I can completely understand why he wouldn't want one... now.

Ask yourself a couple of questions.. haha and be honest with yourself.
      Is any part of you wanting a baby right now a part of wanting to 'secure' your relationship. When a significant other has a baby with someone else it can make you feel insecure or like he has a greater connection with the other person because of it. So make sure that is not a reason

Another I understand that you are bipolar, are you medicated? Most of the meds used to treat this are not good for infants. Along with the bipolar thing and I'm generalizing this may or may not apply to you which is why I'm telling you to ask yourself. While the research isn't completely conclusive on this bi polar is something they think is hereditary like schizophrenia is passed down. Is yours under control and do you want to risk passing it. Also when you get lows do you feel like you need an infant more? Do you see this as a cure? Something really important too, I know a lot of people with mood disorders want babies for what I consider, the wrong things. Mood disorders make you crave affection and an infant is an infinite source of unconditional love. But you are the parent and while you can love her loving you it should not be placed on a baby to provide 'filler' for you.

Some of these are generalizations just think about them. Just make sure you want a baby for the correct reasons. And I would still wait a while til things are smoothed out with his other chid and til you have a place with furniture ;) Cute pic sitting on the floor... I've been there.
      [SIGPIC]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww267/libbyu/newyntk-12.jpg[/SIGPIC]
      http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/elisebell

AmberS9109 wrote:

I want a baby. This may sound stupid to the guys out there, but I know I'm meant to be a mother. I believe I have two purposes being here.
      Number One: Loving my boyfriend with all my heart and soul.
      Number Two: Being a mom; bringing a beautiful piece of heaven onto the earth.
      The thing is, my boyfriend already has a baby with his ex. She broke up with him because she was a golddigger and she once asked for $600 so she could go shopping (not even for the baby, just for herself) and he told her no, he didn't want to give her money unless it was going towards the good of the child. She's really an evil person. She won't let us see his daughter because I smoke and I'm bipolar. Ok, first of all I'm not an idiot, I know not to smoke around kids. And second of all, yeah, I'm bipolar, but who the hell ISN'T these days? I don't have crazy psycho freakouts on random people at random times.
      Anyway yeah, he pays child support and stuff but this has pretty much scarred him emotionally, not to mention this happened so sudden with his ex; he wasn't ready for a baby AT ALL. He's only 20, turning 21.
      So yeah needless to say, he doesn't want a baby yet. I'm just really antsy to have one, I don't know what to do. I guess I'm posting this because I need support from some girls who are understanding of what I'm going through.
      Thanks!

-Amber

Hi, You'll get your chance to be a mother one day but, you can't honestly say that I want to be a mom because I love my boyfriend. How do you know if he's going to stay throughout the whole pregnancy? I've seen it plently of times to know there some cases were men bail out. You have to think you think a lot of levels of having a baby. First if finances. You need to be at least stable for a year or 2 before even thinking about having a baby; I have friends who got pregnant on accident and they're struggling to make it. Either their boyfriends or themsleves have to work 2 jobs to pay the pills to keep things balanced in the house. Second you need to make sure that you are emotionally ready. A baby can bring all kinds of emotions out of you, even after birth. You need to be ready to take on all those emotions at once. Lastly, I'm not going to ramble anymore, you need to respect your boyfriend's decision to not want another baby right now. Let him come around to it. You're not stupid for wanting a baby but you need to take everything, that everyone's had said into play.

Your boyfriend needs to seek a laywer about getting some type of custody, and if she doesn't go by what the court says she can lose her custody rights.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by hearttbeats ().

You've been dating for 6 months, I was talking about forever at that point as well. You don't want a baby right now. You may think you're in the greatest relationship ever, but be open minded, know that things could happen and wait a little while until you're sure you want one right now and with your current boyfriend.

I understand exacty what your going through. Alot of my friends are in the same position. But the idea of having a baby around and actually having a baby around are two completly different ideas. You think about all the cuddles and how cute they are. You dont necessaril think about waking up every 2 hours for feed or buying all the nappes and wipes. Its really hard. You give up everything for them. I know i wouldnt change it for the world, but to give up your childhood is a really hard thing. You wont be able to go out and enjoy yourself for months. Maybe you should do temprorary babysitting just to ease your temptations and to be around children until your partner is ready for the responsibility of another child?
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Zachary Jayden, My precious little [/SIZE][SIZE=3]man, I love you with all my heart &#9829;[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Oh my gosh, how old are you????????
      I wanted a baby at 13, and it was just like this huge mistake after I had it... had to dump the damn thing in the dumpster......... lol JK!!! haha you actually believed I dumped a baby in the dumpster! FOOLSSSSS!
      But, anyway, baby Mercedes is sitting right next to me, 5 years old....... and she's just too damn cute :) worth every second of treachorous screaming