FRIENDS, FOES, or STALKERS!?!

• FRIENDS, FOES, or STALKERS!?!

I hate to admit it but I, along with countless other modern adolescents, have descended into classic, high-school drama. Two "friends" (I will address them as Tasha and Helena) have completely used and abused me for the past month. I was friends with both of these girls for about a year (we were comfortable but certainly not "best friends"). They were just so decadent and ridiculous that we could never truly mesh. We were all enrolled in Journalism until, finally, I received the role as Editor-in-Chief. Tasha had an insane conniption and blatantly stated that she was the only person qualified enough to handle the position. Our advisor, feeling pity for Tasha, asked me to offer her the role of "co-editor", thus diluting my achievement. I stated that co-editors rarely work in the high school setting; he agreed and gave me assurance that I was deserving of my role and that Tasha was always wasted space on the staff. Helena, being desperate for Tasha's approval, turned on me as well. One day, both Tasha and Helena walked through the door of the Journalism room; randomly, they began to spew out endless insults and strands of profanity towards me in front of the entire class, screaming in a vociferous volume; I was shocked. Our advisor encouraged me to dole out punishment, which I did ( I simply stated that they could not leave the classroom again unless the venture was approved by the editorial staff). Neither of the girls would talk to me (except to mock or scoff at me). I didn't even care because their insults were so trivial. Nevertheless, they proved their true nature. All of a sudden, as another twist of events, they began to aggressively invite me to certain gatherings and parties, coming to my home unannounced, calling me at strange times, leaving desperate messages on my phone etc. They still insist that they are my best friends ever (even though I never give them much thought). Overall, I feel like they are stalking me for attention or at least a good laugh; it is rather irritating. My main question is: how do I get through another year of high school with these two psychos and how do you convince people that you cannot stand them (in a polite manner, of course). Also, am I being paranoid or are they worthy of being labeled as complete jerks?