awkward encounter?

• awkward encounter?

Hi all, new here

First off, I'm bisexual. I (f) am currently in a heterosexual relationship and have been for a few years and thus (as is fairly common in the queer community) am read as being heterosexual. Anyway, met up with an acquaintance yesterday (second meet), during which she came out to me as lesbian (in a comment made in passing - it was very clear from previous convos that both of us fall politically on the liberal side of the spectrum). I tend to do a good job of not lusting after guys or girls who aren't obviously available - the latter much more rarely coming across as available (to girls) than the former. Anyway, I think she's super nice and our humors mesh well and when she came out I immediately felt a rush of lust. Followed very quickly with the thought: "but I'm in a monogamous relationship!" So I just started acting awkward (or maybe it's all in my head) - e.g. I think we hugged after our first meet-up, but we didn't yesterday, we awkwardly waved goodbye. Now I am worried that via the awkwardness I may have made it seem (since I present as "straight") like I was not OK with her being lesbian. However, I'm not sure how to slide "hey I'm bi!" into conversation without it seeming too "OMG! WE'RE BOTH QUEER!" and also without worrying about the kinds of negative reactions I've gotten in the past from members of the lesbian and gay communities upon coming out as bi. I texted her shortly after we had parted ways to ask if she could email me some of the blogs she follows, but haven't heard anything yet (usually she's pretty timely on responses). I'm not really sure how to resolve this. Any advice would be awesome.
    • Re: awkward encounter?

I'm sure it'll resolve itself out. If you're really worried, go ahead and tell her. I don't think it'll matter, but who knows, maybe it'll make things better. if you're thinking about staying closeted about feelings- be careful who you trust. Good luck!
      [SIZE=3]Queenie:rolleyes:[/SIZE]