Online Relationships.

• Online Relationships.

I'm not sure how to start this post so I'll just go with:
      I'm in an online relationship, it's been just over a month.
      He's planning on coming to visit me this summer but sometimes I don't know if I want this. We're already very serious and I think we took it too fast because I fell for this girl. (Also online, I'm awkward, I don't go out. xD) I know she likes me too. =/

Anyways, I just wanted to know everyone's opinions on the matter and if you've been/are in an online relationship.

Thanks.
      Sarah.
    • Re: Online Relationships.

Online relationships never really seem to work out. I mean like, the eharmony and chemistry.com crap might, but unless, you can hold hands, kiss, or at least you've met the person before, its not really a relationship. its hard to keep a commitment when you only know the person through technology. Also how serious can get online? And in a month.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      “Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.”

I had an online relationship for a year. It was cool at the beginning but little by little, it became harder :/ And if he lives far from you, it will be a long-distance relationship, and it's also hard :/ You have to wonder if it worth it, if you haven't better to stay friends... But if you love each other, well... Good luck :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC]http://www.teenhut.net/signaturepics/sigpic80554_9.gif[/SIGPIC]

[RIGHT]:lovey: Jam is the best sister in the world :lovey:
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

SarahDiedYesterday wrote:

8| Like, dangerously serious.
      Like, I didn't mean for him to get that attached to me and now I'm scared to break up with him.

what would he do if you did break up with him?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      “Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.”

~ Valentina ~ wrote:

I had an online relationship for a year. It was cool at the beginning but little by little, it became harder :/ And if he lives far from you, it will be a long-distance relationship, and it's also hard :/ You have to wonder if it worth it, if you haven't better to stay friends... But if you love each other, well... Good luck :)

-Sigh.-
      Not sure if I love him...
      Thanks,

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

ThatChickKaty wrote:

what would he do if you did break up with him?

Probably cut, I got him to stop for 3 weeks. =l

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

-x-Hannah-x- wrote:

I've not had much experience of online relationships, but from my experiences they are totally pointless because of the distance you may never ever meet them and you don't really know who you're talking to.
      x

Yeah, that makes sense but if this lasts a month or so more (Which it likely will not) I
      will be meeting him. =l

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Thanks people. <3

I would say to wait at least a year before you meet up properly. You here too often about girls who meet up with online boyfriends and it ending badly. So I'd wait longer. If in a year's time you're still serious then go ahead and have some fun together. But you can't know fully what a person's like over the internet. I love someone I've met on the internet and he's helped me a lot but we won't be meeting up anytime soon, even though we would like to. It's best to wait a bit.

Probably cut, I got him to stop for 3 weeks. =l

I don't believe in online relationships, but this goes for both online and offline. Knowing from personal experience, don't ever fall for that cutting crap. I knew a girl that everytime I did something she didn't like, she'd tell me she was gonna cut so I wouldn't do it. I fell for that shit thousands of times and I regret not telling her since the beginning to stop with that bullshit. Not only does she does harm to herself but to me as well. They're the most manipulative people ever.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Mr. Peel wrote:

They do cut, but I get the feeling they only do it to be manipulative and having it their way.

Usually those who cut feel as if they've lost control of their lives, or a situation; so they cut to have the feeling of control. Its something THEY can control, when they do it, how they do it, etc. By them being manipulative, its them taking advantage (control) of something and manipulating as much as they possibly can so they have that feeling of being in charge, and being able to make nearly anyone do as they please. Its just the natural nature of a cutter, and I know how shitty it is to fall into sinkhole of one.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

mle wrote:

I would say to wait at least a year before you meet up properly. You here too often about girls who meet up with online boyfriends and it ending badly. So I'd wait longer. If in a year's time you're still serious then go ahead and have some fun together. But you can't know fully what a person's like over the internet. I love someone I've met on the internet and he's helped me a lot but we won't be meeting up anytime soon, even though we would like to. It's best to wait a bit.

I guess that makes sense. It would make more sense if I thought meeting irl would make things worse but I think that meeting irl would help me decide if I really wanted him.

But thanks. <3

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Mr. Peel wrote:

I don't believe in online relationships, but this goes for both online and offline. Knowing from personal experience, don't ever fall for that cutting crap. I knew a girl that everytime I did something she didn't like, she'd tell me she was gonna cut so I wouldn't do it. I fell for that shit thousands of times and I regret not telling her since the beginning to stop with that bullshit. Not only does she does harm to herself but to me as well. They're the most manipulative people ever.

Yayy. I feel like the dumbest piece of shit ever nao. xD

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

JaMeLae wrote:

Does he really cut? Or he is only saying so to threaten you??

I've seen them on video chats before. =/

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Linda wrote:

Usually those who cut feel as if they've lost control of their lives, or a situation; so they cut to have the feeling of control. Its something THEY can control, when they do it, how they do it, etc. By them being manipulative, its them taking advantage (control) of something and manipulating as much as they possibly can so they have that feeling of being in charge, and being able to make nearly anyone do as they please. Its just the natural nature of a cutter, and I know how shitty it is to fall into sinkhole of one.

I gotta say this makes sense but I started cutting when I was 12, and I thought it was because I liked how blood looked but I did have a generally shitty family life then so maybe I was sub-consciously doing it because I needed something to control. 8| If that makes any sense.

I gotta say this makes sense but I started cutting when I was 12, and I thought it was because I liked how blood looked but I did have a generally shitty family life then so maybe I was sub-consciously doing it because I needed something to control. 8| If that makes any sense.

Well I was just saying what they do under the manipulative part, theres always different reasons for why each person cuts. That makes sense, I get what you're trying to say.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

My relationship started online actually but thankfully were only 4 hours away from each other so I ended up meeting her around 3 months after starting to talk(relAtionship started
      soon after). It's now a ldr but it works for us to an extent. My only advice is maybe meet him and give him a shot cause as some say, online and offline is totally different in many ways especially the first meeting is awkward but i dunno my gf was even better in person so I kinda liked out. It's your call entirely but I mean what could you lose? You don't need to love someone to meet up with them. Let that happen in person and it's more natural then. It's 50/50. You either get te great guy you liked online and more or be diappointed. Gotta tale a few leaps of faith now an then

Posting on iPod so sorry for horrible spellig and grammar. Hard to type :(