Concerts

• Re: Concerts

Wow, AC/DC would have been nuts! :o

I've been to smaller concerts like Hellogoodbye/Hush Sound/Boys Like Girls (before they were famous) and Metric, which didn't have seats at all, the whole building was just a huge mosh pit and they were such a blast. I love folk festivals too.

I also went to Blink 182/Fall Out Boy/All American Rejects and it was a fun but it was in a big arena and a lot more expensive. I like the smaller, cheaper ones better!

I've been to a Billy Joel, REO Speedwagon and a Styx. The Styx one was ruined due to rain, and the band played 2 songs so they wouldn't have to refund the tickets :mad: Pissed me off.
      I'm gonna be going to/working at a Train concert in a month or so too.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Last year I went to a Boys Like Girls concert.

In April, I went to a Street Drum Corps/New Meds/Chiodos/The Used concert. So many mosh pits, and people falling on me from crowd surfing. I was so close to the stage, Bert McCracken spit on me. Which is gross, but still awesome :)

And last month, I saw Pearl Jam. It was frikin great. I love Eddie Vedder <3

And I might go see Stone Temple Pilots in August, so yay! :D
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

I've been to a good few at this stage :) Best concert I've been to so far is a tie between the last Muse one I was at, and the Horslips.

Think the Horslips one was fantastic because a, I was right at the barrier, b, there was no shoving really so I stayed at the barrier for the entire concert, c, it was their first concert in almost 30 years, so the atmosphere was AMAZING, and d, they really have great musical talent and charisma, so they were really just amazing to watch and listen to live. I'll never forget it.

Muse, on the other hand, well... they're Muse :p Not much else I can say there, they always put on a show, and it's always fantastic! And their songs are great, they're great, and the fans are awesome. Always makes for an awesome night.

Other than that I've seeen.... Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Aerosmith, The Police, Duke Special, Stain'd, The Blizzards, The Coronas, plenty of support acts, and a bunch of smaller Irish bands no-one's ever heard of :p And I'll be going to see the Smashing Pumpkins next month :)
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Was at Iggy Pop and the Stooges, next week is Gaslight Anthem. May go see rush next month on the 13th

Bands I've seen live: Cancer Bats like 4 times, Alexisonfire, Rise Against, Mastodon(AWESOME), Flaming Lips, Fucked Up (show was played in a bathroom), Feist, Broken Social Scene, Metric, Stars and slews of others I can't be bothered to recall atm.

Plus loads and loads of hardcore shows from local bands.

leviathan wrote:

Was at Iggy Pop and the Stooges, next week is Gaslight Anthem. May go see rush next month on the 13th

Bands I've seen live: Cancer Bats like 4 times, Alexisonfire, Rise Against, Mastodon(AWESOME), Flaming Lips, Fucked Up (show was played in a bathroom), Feist, Broken Social Scene, Metric, Stars and slews of others I can't be bothered to recall atm.

Yeah, I know absolutely none of those bands, lol. I only listen to my parents' music, lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RollinRightInuit wrote:

Other than that I've seeen.... Bon Jovi, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Aerosmith, The Police, Duke Special, Stain'd, The Blizzards, The Coronas, plenty of support acts, and a bunch of smaller Irish bands no-one's ever heard of :p And I'll be going to see the Smashing Pumpkins next month :)

I would love to see all of these! Except for Duke Special, The Coronas, and The Blizzards, because I've never heard of them :p

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

leviathan wrote:

Was at Iggy Pop and the Stooges, next week is Gaslight Anthem.

:o Iggy Pop!! :o
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

Tiberius wrote:

Yeah, I know absolutely none of those bands, lol. I only listen to my parents' music, lol.

Cancer Bats. One of the shows I was at actually:
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTtbHMFE6Q']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Iggy Pop and the Stooges, again from the show in toronto last sat I attended.
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62mDcxfvJgo']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Fucked Up playing in MTV Live Toronto's bathroom. I'm near the door frame.
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG2MGYackoA']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Mastodon, god I wish I could see them live again. I can't find vids for the other shows I went to though for the other bands but here just start to post vids of the stuff.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiOITZHC8I']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Rise Against
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVU00Yggk0E']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Alexisonfire
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_mJOXBvOE']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Flaming Lips
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzR7u4rwFSY']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Broken Social Scene(Also counts as feist as she contributes to this artist collaberation. Same for Metric(Emily Haines) and Stars(Well dunno if still but Amy Millan and Torque))
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uev2J_cBHjQ']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

The most recent concert I went to was for TVXQ in Japan (I was there on vacation, I did not go for the concert). It was hell trying to get in, had to pull a favor from someone who worked at Nikon cameras as the normal people tickets were only available through the fan club. It was a great cultural experience, it was interesting to note the differences between that concert and a typical American one.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bDzXR_r7Y']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

leviathan wrote:

:o The Flaming Lips! Were they amazing? I would so love to see them live...

zani95 wrote:

I would love to see all of these! Except for Duke Special, The Coronas, and The Blizzards, because I've never heard of them :p

Haha, they're all Irish :p The Blizzards and the Coronas are two of the most well-known bands over here, and Duke Special is a bizarre dude from the North whose songs are just awesome, IMO.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Well, bands I've seen live (since Sept '07)... (when it says photo, it means I've been an official photographer for them at a show)

- Alesana (photo)
      - All Forgotten (x3) (photo x1)
      - All Time Low (x2)
      - Architects
      - As I Lay Dying
      - Atlas&I (x2)
      - August Burns Red
      - Azriel (x2)
      - Bad Manners
      - Biffy Clyro
      - Black Tide
      - Bring Me The Horizon (x3)
      - Bury Tomorrow (photo)
      - Cage The Elephant
      - Danger Radio
      - Darkest Hour
      - A Day To Remember (x2)
      - Deaf Havana (x5) (photo x3)
      - Dir En Grey
      - Dividing The Line
      - Enter Shikari (x3)
      - Envy On The Coast
      - Escape The Fate
      - Forever The Sickest Kids (x2)
      - For The Fallen Dreams
      - Four Year Strong
      - Friday Night Boys
      - Glamour Of The Kill
      - Himsa
      - Hollywood Undead (x3) (photo x1)
      - Innerpartysystem (x2)
      - Jay-Z
      - L’Amour La Morgue
      - Lavondyss (photo)
      - Linkin Park (x2)
      - Lostprophets
      - Mindless Self Indulgence
      - My Passion (x2)
      - N.E.R.D.
      - Oh Sleeper
      - Outcry Collective
      - Pendulum
      - Proceed (photo)
      - Sean Smith (DJ Set)
      - Senses Fail
      - Set Your Goals
      - Simple Plan
      - Silverstein (x2) (photo x1)
      - A Skylit Drive (photo)
      - Story Of The Year (photo)
      - Telegraphs
      - The Audition
      - The Blackout (x2) (photo x1)
      - The Bravery
      - The Brownies
      - The Dead Formats
      - The Devil Wears Prada
      - The First (x2) (photo x1)
      - The Urgency (x2)
      - Twenty Twenty
      - Underline The Sky (x2)
      - Underoath
      - We The Kings
      - Yashin
      - You Me At Six (x2)
      - Young Guns (x4)

In September, I'm going to see Bring Me The Horizon again for the 4th time, with Tek-One and Cancer Bats supporting,
      October, I'm seeing Architects for the 2nd time, and possibly My Passion for a 3rd time with Dead By April as main support.
      And in December, I will be seeing You Me At Six for a 3rd time, and Asking Alexandria :D

I love my live music [=
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Blog: http://jamierandallphotography.wordpress.com/[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Youtube: youtube.com/WellThatWasAwkward91 [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Most of the concerts I've been to are Aussie bands so yo may not know them.

The best concerts I've been to are-
      -Coldplay
      -Elton John
      -ACDC
      -Red Hot Chilly Peppers

and I absolutely love alternative music so my favourite concert of all time was Regina Spektor. She is sooo amazing.

I've also been to an Evermore concert... Cat Empire are amaaazing live. Empire of the Sun sucked live... ummm.... I went to a Missy Higgins concert on a date once.

OH YEH!! and I'm seeing The Eagles when they come to Australia. SOOOOO excited!!!!!

That's quite an eclectic mix isn't it?
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

AC/DC x2, metro station (went like 3 years back so I also saw We the Kings and Cobra starship), Bruce springstein, lady gaga, broken social scene, and red hot chili peppers.

Also I was able to fly down to Cali for coachella two years ago, and I've went to Warped tour for the past 4 years :)

Wayyy too many to remember them all.

Have Heart (2)
      Blacklisted
      Swamp Thing
      Impending Doom
      Bleeding Through
      As Blood Runs Black
      The Acacia Strain
      Oceano
      Oceana
      Evergreen Terrace
      Kids Like Us
      Casey Jones
      Sleeping Giant
      Circle Of Contempt
      Emmure (2)
      Winds Of Plague (2)
      A Day To Remember
      Gallows
      All Time Low
      Wysteria (Played with them)
      Dead Icons
      Call To Preserve (5)
      King Conquer (2)
      Mychildren Mybride
      Ocean Is Theory
      Stick To Your Guns (2)
      Catalepsy
      Attack Attack! (2)
      Ceremony

I'm sure there's loads more that I'm forgetting.
      FAITHLESS|MMX|HAVOC|FTH
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]