Girls I need some advice....

• Girls I need some advice....

I just started my first period two days ago and haven't told anyone.
      I live with my grandma and numerous other family members. My aunt told me that I should go to her if this occurred, she'll tell everyone though, E-V-E-R-O-N-E including her dog -.- I really don't want that. I don't want to tell my grandma or she'll tell my aunt and we don't talk about this stuff.
      I really want to deal with this by myself for a little while, but I don't know what's best, I feel fine and everything seems to be going good. Anecdotes would be appreciated about your first time...
      [CENTER]You don't just stop loving someone. Either: You never did OR
      :kiss: You always will.... :kiss: [/CENTER]
    • Re: Girls I need some advice....

Just tell your aunt, and ask her not to tell anyone because you would feel uncomfortable if everyone knew. Tell her to put herself in your shoes, and remember what it was like when she first started and if she wanted anyone to know about it. Maybe she'll understand?
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

If you feel okay and are comfortable with it, then I wouldn't worry too much. It is nice to have someone to talk to though -- could you sit down with your aunt and explain that you don't want her to tell everyone? Or, if you ever feel you need to, you could talk to another trusted adult - maybe a friend's parent or a teacher? They've all gone through it, it shouldn't be that uncomfortable!

I just told my mom when it happened to me. We never talked about that stuff before but it wasn't really awkward. It's only awkward if you make it awkward, haha.

She's not like that, she'll just laugh, she's the kind of person who agrees, then runs off and tells someone. She doesn't realise what she does either. I can never get her alone, everyone will be all smiling around me for, like, a month, when they find out and I can only handle so much happy. I'll have to spend every moment in my room. :/
      My aunt also went to someone the second she got hers, she's not as shy and independent as me....

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

I'm thinking of telling my best friend, then have her come over, but unfortunately, she's like my aunt, and she won't understand why I'm keeping it a secret, then go tell my aunt, who she loves...
      I'm independent and like doing things by myself. But I'll have to tell someone soon...

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Also, I don't get why everyone makes a big deal about having it, I wasn't really panicked, at first I just shrugged it off. The cramps aren't too bad, and I don't have them often...
      [CENTER]You don't just stop loving someone. Either: You never did OR
      :kiss: You always will.... :kiss: [/CENTER]

You'll have to tell someone at some point. Who's gonna buy the sanitary towels, unless you have a job? And who washes your clothes and bedsheets?

I still try sometimes to wash my underwear by hand before my mum gets to it cos it can be a little embarrassing, not that she ever comments on it.

It's ok, honest :) you're right, it really isn't a big deal for most people but adults can just be a little over-dramatic about it and I know that feeling of "is everyone looking at me? Do they know?". For me it was most embarrassing thinking of my dad knowing, just cos he's a man, but after a while you just get used to it :)
      [CENTER]Jusqu'ici tout va bien[/CENTER]