Feeling Fat Because Of What Family Says

• Feeling Fat Because Of What Family Says

Well for a while now people in my family have been saying little remarks to me about my weight. I have been ignoring it for a while but deep down it really gets to me. I'm writing this thread because i have had it. Today i got a little hungry because i missed dinner so i went to the kitchen and made me something to eat, Then i wanted to come back upstairs and watch t.v. while it cooked. On my way upstairs my dad said "what do you have fatty..I know you have something in your hands" I yelled "Nothing!" and slammed my door then i heard him say "I know she has something in her hand" referring to food. That really hurt my feelings and it makes me so upset.

Does this happen to anybody else? :(
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=4]Our song is a slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late tappin' on your window. <3 [/SIZE]
    • Re: Feeling Fat Because Of What Family Says

Have you told anyone that it bothers you to hear comments like that?

My mom picks at my weight from time to time but she's a major health nut, I know I'm not fat and she doesn't mean it negatively -- she just wants me to stay healthy.

Are you comfortable with your weight? If you are, then try not to let it bother you.

Scaredycrow wrote:

Have you told anyone that it bothers you to hear comments like that?

My mom picks at my weight from time to time but she's a major health nut, I know I'm not fat and she doesn't mean it negatively -- she just wants me to stay healthy.

Are you comfortable with your weight? If you are, then try not to let it bother you.

Well i've told my mom about it but never my dad..I honestly think it won't make a difference. I know my dad is just doing it to be mean. I am comfortable with my weight..Im the average weight for a teen girl.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=4]Our song is a slammin' screen door, sneakin' out late tappin' on your window. <3 [/SIZE]

I think you need to talk to him. You also shouldn't lie to him, that could be part of the reason he's acting like that. He may have been irritated because you lied to him to his face when he could clearly see something in your hand. I would be too.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

The post was edited 4 times, last by isitso ().