Whose feelings to hurt?

• Whose feelings to hurt?

Please read story before answering. =D

'Kay, well I broke up with my previous boyfriend about 2 months ago, and kinda went off boys after that. I just didn't want anything to do with anyone other than friends, and it was cool, for a while.

I have a sister, who is 2 years older than me, and she has alot of guy mates. And here is where the problem is - one of her male friends, Liam has been crushing on me and has now asked me out. He's a nice guy, fun to be with and sweet, so I thought, great, let's go out with him and it'll be fine.

But I didn't know him that well when he first asked me out, well, I do now because we talk alot more, but when he first asked me I had just said hi to him a few times and that was it. So I asked my sister on her advice, 'cus of course she'd know him better. But she just looked at me weirdly and said 'You do know Liam was joking?'... That did nothing for my self-confidence.

Anyways, I was a little hurt but was ready to forget about it when the next day I saw him in school and he asked me for the answer. My sis was with him though and laughed loudly before I could say anything and just acted like it was all a big joke. We were both embaressed as you can imagine and I was still confused.

Liam texted me later, asking if I could ring him back and I did, we had this long chat about just stuff and he's really nice! It's just impossible to believe that he's joking as my sister insists, he's always so nice to me whenever we meet and laughs at all my jokes and asks if I can come out with him and his mates whenever he can. Sometimes I'm just set on saying yes and being with him, then my sis will crash my hopes again by saying that it's all a big joke and that Liam is doing so well to keep it up, and do I actually believe him?

So... yeah. Whenever I see Liam I just know that he means it and that we could be together. But my sister is just not having it. I've just said maybe to keep things settled but if I say no then I'm sure we won't be able to have long chats on the phone with him or anything like that, and if I say yes which I desperately want to, then my sister will just hate me like forever.

And what if it is just one big joke??? What if Liam's just a really good actor and this is all for nothing? I just don't know what to do. Help, people.